• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Man, Prizefighter is such a shit production, but it's such a fun thing to watch.

War Young Mutley!!

NervousXtian

Chisora v Vitali looks like in about 15 mins.

German fight cards are funny, especially K2 events. Christina Perri in the ring singing to liven up the crowd. Flaming heart, nice.

NervousXtian

Mormeck was pathetic, he made Haye and Ibragimov look like they put world class effort.

Mormeck had one move.. rush in with head. He forgot the punching part.

Wlad finished it the right way though, killer combo and fucked up Mormeck.

Sad that Mormeck landed what 3 shots in 4 rds?

aw come on JuanMa stop bitching.

He's saying the ref had money on Salido

and now he said he was dominating the fight WOW. A bit punch drunk, methinks.

JLG-

He should be thanking the ref for stopping that shit. It could've been much much worse if he continued.

And LOL at the judges score cards. If there's a third fight it better be in Mexico.

Watched the fight and was not disappointed. Salido was doing work on him and he would have destroyed him had the ref not stopped the fight.

I almost spit my rockstar everywhere when he accused the referee of being in on a bet. Don't be a poor sport just because you cant take a punch.

theBishop

Banned
Amazing fight, but those scorecards were a goddamn disgrace. If Salido didn't finish the job, he was on the path to a vicious robbery.

I don't see any reason for a 3rd fight.

NervousXtian

Lopez v Saldio was a outright war in the ring.

Sad to think at one time Lopez seemed like a rising star destined for big things.. but it seems he just stopped progressing. He's so poor defensively that he'll always lose to certain types of guys.

Makes you wonder how the Ponce fight would have gone if it went for more than one round. Salido really isn't that good.. but he just beat down Lopez twice.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So proud of Marvilla :3

And i love that he gave a shotout to his vieja (Mom). Thats so Argentino.

JLG-

Good card tonight:

PyatT.jpg

NervousXtian

On paper it was a good card.. but it disappointed on so many levels.

Molina should have had points deducted for all the fouling, holding, etc that he did all fight. The DQ was a very anti-climatic end, but there is a good chance Kirkland was going to have him out in the next 2 rounds.

Morales was a dead man walking, and Garcia had too much respect for him.

The NBC card ended up being the best card last night.. Judah showed he still has a bit in the tank, but I call him an underdog against any of the 140 champs.

Molina should have had points deducted for all the fouling, holding, etc that he did all fight. The DQ was a very anti-climatic end, but there is a good chance Kirkland was going to have him out in the next 2 rounds.

It was pretty funny that the ref allowed Molina to hold and foul all fight, then DQs him for that. Also the commentators almost made mention of the excessive holding, but when Devon Alexander fought in the same style a few weeks ago, he was spinning a masterpiece.

The NBC show was much, much better. Even with a smaller crowd/venue, it had better fights and atmosphere.

NervousXtian

In other boxing news, Bert Sugar has passed. Age of 74, to lung cancer.

RIP Bert, we've lost a legendary voice of the fight game.

TheNatural

My Member!
In other boxing news, Bert Sugar has passed. Age of 74, to lung cancer.

RIP Bert, we've lost a legendary voice of the fight game.

That really fucking sucks. Guy was a legend in the press of any sport and really knew his shit. He was like a boxing historical encyclopedia. Him and Smokin Joe passing recently and Angelo Dundee, it's really starting to feel like an era of boxing is starting to die off.

Last nights fight between Molina and Kirkland was just disgusting. What a fucking sham. Just another showing that boxing is starting to get left in UFC's shadow.

TheNatural

My Member!
The Marquez, Rios undercard is free on ESPN3 if anyone is watching. I wonder how muchgas Marquez has n his tank after basically getting kicked in the nads on that Pacquaio decision at his age.

Top Bottom