• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

jchap

Garcia vs Brandon Rios would be slugfest war. Who cares how flawed they are, it would be a dream fight to watch!

God Oscar is so annoying. He has to be in the center of every shot.

abuC

Khan needs to leave Roach and find a trainer that will help him focus on defense. You can't have that fragile chin and be all about offense, he needs to use the jab and keep distance, trading with people is not for him.

Baby Milo

Khan needs to leave Roach and find a trainer that will help him focus on defense. You can't have that fragile chin and be all about offense, he needs to use the jab and keep distance, trading with people is not for him.

didn't khan try to start his pro career with the mayweathers?

i swear i remember him talking about that

jchap

When one punch can stop you because of your chin, even Floyd Mayweather level defense won't always be enough.

Somebody should gif Angel Garcia's face over Danny's, because that's who Khan was trying to knock out. Danny's a decent guy, but his dad is an embarrassment.

JLG-

i2Sfftg2yCGNV.gif
i5K5pNEkYMG92.gif

Garcia wrecked his shit! haha. Never liked Khan.

abuC

didn't khan try to start his pro career with the mayweathers?

i swear i remember him talking about that

I don't think so, Roger Mayweather has been calling Khan a bum for a while now.

When one punch can stop you because of your chin, even Floyd Mayweather level defense won't always be enough.

The difference is Floyd isn't always trying to trade with people, Khan is all offense NO defense and leaves himself open like this. That's how Prescott beat him, that's how Maidana hurt him about 30 times in their fight, and that's how he just got laid out tonight.

Matter of fact, Prescott hurt him with a counter left as well.

That counter by Garcia in the 3rd was as brutal as your are going to see a punch that doesn't just knock a guy out cold. Khan's body and arms went limp as soon as it hit. Props to Khan for having a ton of heart, but his legs were gone after that.

FUCK Khan is rocked

iZdA1nZ9hhZBJ.gif

Khan still in the fight, wow this is crazy.

Guess not

Oh my.

It's a shame he lost again, he's a solid boxer and I don't agree that he's got a glass jaw, that shot would have rocked any boxer. GAT DAMN.

Still, he does need to work on defense. Hope he doesn't fade into obscurity if he loses his next fight. A break and a comeback after working with some new trainers would probably be better than just throwing in the towel/retiring.

Saying that, how much did he earn from this and his last fight? Must have enough to retire pretty comfortably right about now.

$950k, Garcia $500k.

Khan could move up to Welter now and possibly fight Kell Brook in a big domestic UK fight or try and have a crack at Malignaggi (who he's beat) to become a world champion.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Khan has the heart of a brawler, but the chin of a tomato can.

It's a bad combo.

Garcia ain't even a puncher, at least not a hard one.. and he fucked him up with a shot to back of the chin/neck.

Last shot was top of the head.

abuC

Broner didn't even try to make weight. It was an unprofessional move and I hope he gets KTFO (although there is little chance). I'm still a little bitter about the gift he got against Ponce De Leon

He beat the brakes off Escobedo, and that fake proposal to his girl was hilarious, I really thought he was about to propose.

"Baby....will you brush my hair" lol

NervousXtian

Broner is legit.. he keeps getting better.

Escobedo all class after the fight... but in the end Broner is a dick for not making weight.

Esch

Banned
Hey, to all the guys in here who are big boxing fans, I'd like it if a couple of yall came through on the new forum of a friends. The site is great, and the forums have a lot of funny, insightful people (especially for those of yall into classic boxing which the coli doesnt like to talk about much). The only problem is there arent a lot of Americans there, which I wanna change.

http://checkhookboxing.com/content.php

check it out. Im not saying you have to sign up, but id really appreciate it if yall gave the forums and a couple of the articles a look.

Here's a nice piece written by a friend of mine about Sweet Pea for example: http://checkhookboxing.com/content.php?282-Pernell-sweet-Pea-Whitaker-Anatomy-of-an-illusion

Thanks to any of yall who check it out. I like reading what some of yall post in here, and I get the feeling yall might want to check out a chill boxing site that has a good staff.

So is the manny vs bradley 2 canceled or something?

It's in a weird place. The fight wasn't close. Anyone with eyes could see that Pac won. There's not really any need to rematch outside of avenging a god awful decision, plus the first fight didn't do over a million ppv buys. Bradley needs to win one or two fights convincingly and start demanding the fight. Manny is more than likely going to move on and everyone is just going to act like it was a win.

osnake

Neo Member
What's your guys' opinion on JCC Jr. Vs Sergio Martinez? I can't wait for this fight.
I think Martinez will get a late round TKO. Here's the Face Off preview for tomorrow.

see5harp

I've come around quite a bit with JCC. He's looked pretty decent the last couple fights. Sergio on the cards though. Sergio is going to score a ton in the early rounds when JCC usually just puts his head down and wears guys out.

abuC

Ward by boring-as-fuck decision.

This matchup has snoozer written all over it between Bad Chad's awkward.. whatever it is you call it and Ward's point fighting.

I don't find Ward boring, he mixes it up inside and stands in front of his opponents, he just doesn't have a lot of punching power. He put on an absolute clinic against Froch and I was entertained from start to finish. I have him winning on points of course, but I think it could be a better fight than expected.

Chavez vs Martinez HBO Face-off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=419oSFkW3wE

see5harp

Damn that was entertaining. I've never seen Sergio get so testy before a fight. I do think he can embarass JCC Jr. though if he wants to. "I will probably retire you." That is sorta crazy.

SOG vs Bad Chad next weekend, who do you all have?

Ward holding and mean mugging a confused/bored Dawson to a decision that makes a Wlad Klitchko fight look like Gatti/Ward.

Afterwards, the 326 people in attendance will boo. The commentators will talk about how amazing Ward is and how he's the new face of American boxing.

jchap

In sort-of boxing related news: Floyd Mayweather lost 3 million dollars tonight in his bet on the Alabama-Michigan game! We are now 3 million dollars closer to his next mega fight.

NervousXtian

In sort-of boxing related news: Floyd Mayweather lost 3 million dollars tonight in his bet on the Alabama-Michigan game! We are now 3 million dollars closer to his next mega fight.

Kevin Iole basically said that it wasn't true.

jchap

Andre Ward is a 4:1 favorite, rumor is Chad got knocked out in a sparring session with Edison Miranda.

First of all I doubt that Miranda knocked him out and secondly I don't think Andre Ward could knock out Amir Khan. That said, I think Ward will win a competitive fight.

Did anyone here ever listen to "The Boxing Truth" podcast? It was a favorite of mine and the two guys who ran it were a blast to interact with on twitter during a fight. Then they deleted their twitter, facebook, and website and disappeared with no word as to why. There were rumors about them getting a lot of heat over making some "compuclinch" videos to demonstrate excessive holding in recent fights.

ANYway, fights this weekend!!! Woooo!!! Who the hell is Manuel Charr?

jchap

Pretty good day of Boxing kicks off soon with Vitali vs Charr!

I always enjoy watching Vitali fight. He tends to be more punishing to his opponents than his brother and his reflexes and reactions are amazing especially for his age.

Charr is certainly a talented German (born in Beirut) boxer with a 21-0 record, but pretty much only against mostly unknown boxers. Klitschko is (by far) the favorite, but who knows, it's boxing, anything can happen.

Unknown? Who are you to judge Owen "What the Heck?" Beck? Bryant Jennings from the Ademek card would whoop Charr.

Charr has zero chance. I love to see it happen, but....it's not.

Top Bottom