• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

see5harp

Manny's been knocked out twice before this, he was younger but he has been hit very hard before.

Not in fights I have ever seen. I know his record and have seen the you tube clips. Manny isn't Paul Williams. He's standing up there and giving a post fight interview.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Jesus let the old man retire already, can't anyone else hold the mic and ask silly questions?

That punch was unbelievable, Pacquiao was on a roll and then BAM! Disappointing as a Pac fan but that was a great fight and Marquez was incredible.

It was a huge tactical mistake on his part. He was aggressive and Marquez took advantage. The catch 22 is that he had to be aggressive cause Marquez is a counter puncher.

Edgeward

Wejd5.jpg

so painful....

well deserved, jmm deserved it

Totally reminded me of this

KskoS.jpg

Radec

Im a Pacquiao fan but Marquez deserves this. Pacman let himself go by doing tv shows, commercials, and politics instead of training and analyzing marquez. Dude needs to retire. Or Money knocks him the fuck out.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
that fucking punch. lmao.

he was going to win that fight too. all Marquez had left was haymakers. Manny was dancing on his face.

Nah, Marquez is always game.

..and that wasn't even a haymaker, that was a perfect straight right counter, text book.

This is the first time I ever bet against Manny, and my friends/family thought I was tripping(except my Mexican friends of course). He just hasn't been the same dominant fighter since he went all Fedor and found his faith. I'm sure part of it also has to do with a busy congressman schedule. It just all adds up to him declining in his last few fights. FWIW, Floyd looked like he lost a step in his fight with Cotto, but he's still head and shoulders above his competition. Now we wait on Marquez' post fight roid test.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Nobody in their right minds want to see Marquez/Mayweather. Styles make fights.

We saw it already, and PBF dominated the living shit out of JMM. The only thing Floyd didn't do was stop him, but he just fucked with him for 12 rounds.. which is amazing.. because of how damn good Marquez is.

It wasn't the size either, it was the skill.

ZoddGutts

Like I said I'll be best for Marquez to retire on a high note. A rematch with PBF wouldn't make sense either. He's getting up there in years as well.

Top Bottom