• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
After 2 losses, and the other shit Manny has going.. I think he walks at this point.

The Floyd fight has lost it's luster, so Manny really should just hang them up.

Cloudy

Banned
pacquiao-ko-marquez.gif

qcf x2

I had a feeling Pac would get knocked out.

Yeah, me too. When you: A.) say that you're going for all out the KO vs your tactical rival and anything else would be a failure, and B.) last had a knockdown over a year ago against Mosley (who is currently aka everybody's punching bag), it doesn't bode well. In the ring he was the mouse that got a cookie and asked for a glass of milk.

But damn, did not think he'd go down like that. I hope he retires, because he's done. It sucks that the Floyd fight never happened, but realistically they're both past their primes anyway.

harSon

Banned
Yeah, me too. When you: A.) say that you're going for all out the KO vs your tactical rival and anything else would be a failure, and B.) last had a knockdown over a year ago against Mosley (who is currently aka everybody's punching bag), it doesn't bode well. In the ring he was the mouse that got a cookie and asked for a glass of milk.

But damn, did not think he'd go down like that. I hope he retires, because he's done. It sucks that the Floyd fight never happened, but realistically they're both past their primes anyway.

Mayweathers post prime is still better tgan anyone else in the weight class. Dudes power may be shot, but his speed, reaction speed, technique and defense is top form.

Cousteau

So happy the "mega fight" will never happen now.
The stalling from both sides had worn off all the luster of that fight for me.

Like I said I'll be best for Marquez to retire on a high note. A rematch with PBF wouldn't make sense either. He's getting up there in years as well.
Depends on what's more important to him. Going out on a high note(but not on top, especially with Manny coming off a loss before this fight), or getting at least one more guaranteed big payday. His value just rocketed higher than it probably ever has been, assuming he passes the PED tests.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It was a cake walk. Go watch the fight. Look at stats. Pay attention...

Anyway, that's the end of Pacquio's career. Too bad. I was hoping to see Mayweather send him off in
shame.

Hey, I know. I guess I was being too simple but I didn't find it to be necessary to give an analysis on that fight at this time. It went all the way so in one regard, it wasn't easy.

As a Filipino I'm not even mad... mainly because I understand how boxing works. But dammit, I am still kinda salty as shit about this. He had the fight, but he had to walk in that fncking counter punch... :(

Anyway, I think this is over for him. He's doing way too much in his life that he's losing his focus on boxing, not to mention the issues that are starting to come up thanks to the loss.

Mayweathers post prime is still better tgan anyone else in the weight class. Dudes power may be shot, but his speed, reaction speed, technique and defense is top form.

His style will always work. A boxer like Pacman can't fight nearly as long as someone like Mayweather.

so of course i miss what sounds like an awesome fight...damn
so who's on deck for money then?

He'll probably pick Bradley just to say that he beat both guys who beat Pacman.

If not Bradley then he'll have to pick Guerrero or Alvarez. Not sure who else there might be besides those two.

qcf x2

That's true. The fight people wanted to see was these guys 4 years ago, not now (well, certainly not now). Still would've been the cash-in of the century, but from a fan's perspective I think it would still leave a lot of "what ifs" if they were to have fought past their primes.

It's all out the window now, though.

BadAss2961

Wow Manny.

This should make it more obvious that his fate would've been similar in a fight against Floyd, for those that didn't already know.

He'll probably pick Bradley just to say that he beat both guys who beat Pacman.
lol. As if anyone, including Bradley himself, believes he beat Pacquiao. That shit was a straight-up Arum setup to cash-in on a rematch between 2 fighters that he promotes. Unfortunately for him, it was too fucking obvious, and no one wants to fucking watch Bradley in any high profile matches anytime soon.

lol. As if anyone, including Bradley himself, believes he beat Pacquiao. That shit was a straight-up Arum setup to cash-in on a rematch between 2 fighters that he promotes. Unfortunately for him, it was too fucking obvious, and no one wants to fucking watch Bradley in any high profile matches anytime soon.

Roger Mayweather wants Bradley to be the next opponent for Floyd. It's most likely happening.

Top Bottom