• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

BadAss2961

Well, if Mayweather isn't careful and goes on for too long, then he'll probably end up facing the floor too.
True.

He should be fine as long as he doesn't end up fighting one of those young guys like Canelo or Broner... If Floyd's smart, he'll just beat Bradley and retire.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Floyd mops Canelo right now; Broner is too small. Floyd will retire soon without a mega fight. There's no one left.

I don't want to see Floyd v Canelo.

Canelo is too fucking big for Floyd... and what it'd end up being is Floyd running for 12rds.. fuck that shit.

dpMGk.jpg

Strange feelings seeing that snake Bob Arum comforting his wife.

Unless marquez beats mayweather...
I hope there isnt any controversy or delays leading up to that fight. If there is, we'll now know who the problem is.

Lets wait to see if Marquez pisses hot first. I have my doubts with Angel Hernandez in his corner

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
can anybody gif. manny's wife freak out after manny got knocked the fugg out by JMM?

BadAss2961

Floyd mops Canelo right now; Broner is too small. Floyd will retire soon without a mega fight. There's no one left.
My money would still be on Floyd to beat Canelo, but it's a dangerous fight. He's not in his prime anymore and is only getting older. If Floyd sticks around another year or two, Broner could be ready to fight welterweights by then. And Broner is nasty.

smurfx

get some go again
i had a feeling this fight would end in a ko but i wasn't sure who would be doing the ko'ing. glad it was marquez that knocked him out. :D oh and yeah pacquiao is absolutely done.

My money would still be on Floyd to beat Canelo, but it's a dangerous fight. He's not in his prime anymore and is only getting older. If Floyd sticks around another year or two, Broner could be ready to fight welterweights by then. And Broner is nasty.
Broner has loads of potential, but I don't think the fans will be clamoring for a fight between two of the bigger dickheads in boxing. I don't think Floyd fights past next year. Canelo imo has to prove himself against a young, strong fighter first; he's been fighting retreads and smaller guys. Trout would be the guy to really trouble Floyd at that weight, and Canelo ain't beating Trout, no way.

abuC

that doesn't mean there isn't alot of money to be made there on may 5th

there is technically an asterik on that win for floyd. JMM jumped up weight classes last time i think it can be sold easily.

There is no asterisk on that, Floyd came back after nearly 2 years without a fight and beat the brakes off Juan. The fight wasn't even remotely close and Floyd has way too much skill and a big reach/speed advantage over JMM.

23vl4ivjpg.gif

Pretty sure if I decked you clean in the mouth, when were going 100mph fighting, you'll count sheep too.

They should fight again. And the mega fight should still happen. It should happen if May loses his next match.

Pretty sure if I decked you clean in the mouth, when were going 100mph fighting, you'll count sheep too.

They should fight again. And the mega fight should still happen. It should happen if May loses his next match.
seems like damage control to me.he got koed.no need for another fight.

smurfx

get some go again
why is he done?
3 shitty performances in a row with one ending in a terrible knock out? lots of fighters never recover from such a bad ko and manny isn't exactly in his prime. i thought this fight would end in a ko because i didn't believe either fighter had another 12 round war left in them.

abuC

I don't want to see another JMM/Manny fight, it could be really boring, after a vicious knockout like that Manny might be afraid to pull the trigger and let his hands go if they fought again. Marquez has timing Manny down to a science now.

Amagon

AS a Pacman fan for many many years, I really do think he needs to consider retirement. Marquez outgunned, outplayed and knocked him out cold.

I'm still shocked over here.

kinggroin

Banned

This.

People are acting a liiiitle bit ridiculous. The guy's career isn't over, and I'm sure no one wants to see Marquez fight May weather.

Its a loss. Even the greats get them.

Baby Milo

There is no asterisk on that

i think floyd dominated him. I just think it could be sold like that because floyd missed weight after JMM jumped two weight classes. He has looked great at welter recently.it would be a big money fight with the same results.

This.

People are acting a liiiitle bit ridiculous. The guy's career isn't over, and I'm sure no one wants to see Marquez fight May weather.

Its a loss. Even the greats get them.
Manny has other things on his plate. He has been on the decline, and just suffered a brutal ko. He rich beyond his wildest dreams, and wants to be a politician. Yeah, he's done.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't know why people want Manny to die slow.

Boxing careers don't end beautifully. Its almost always shitty unless the guy bows out before the infinite slump lands them in front of a punch that they would've slipped just one year ago.

This makes no sense.

Manny lost, big deal. He has lost before.

A fight with Money should still happen. Greater odds it will happen if Floyd loses that first of two fights next year. The second fight should be Manny. We have waited long enough.

I also wouldnt mind another Marquez fight.

Boxing careers don't end beautifully. Its almost always shitty unless the guy bows out before the infinite slump lands them in front of a punch that they would've slipped just one year ago.
king floyd will retired undefeated.

This. The writing has been on the wall; he doesn't have the footwork or speed like he used to, the desire is questionable; why stay?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
who the fuck wants to see floyd/pacquiao? I'd rather see Marquez/Pacquiao for a 5th time.

Mayweather fights are as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Top Bottom