• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

It's the Carlos Molina that fought Khan in 2012.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=394398&cat=boxer

I think the idea is to continue to stoke the flames with Khan by trying to improve on his performance against Molina.
Ah, okay. I think Broner's team has made a bed that he really can't lie in. They built up this hype of him being the next Mayweather, but now that he's had some setbacks, he has to convince the public, and himself, that he can fulfill that potential. Fighting guys like Molina may help his confidence, but the public wants him to show and prove against world class opposition; show something that makes him as special as all the hype advertised. I don't think he's a special fighter, never did, but hopefully he can get to a place where he respects and learns his craft and moves past his limitations.

Tickets go on sale April 1.

"Promoted by Top Rank® in association with Zanfer Promotions, Márquez Boxing and Tecate, tickets to Márquez vs. Alvarado will go on sale Tuesday, April 1 at 3:00 p.m. ET / Noon PT. Priced at $400, $250, $150, $75 and $35, tickets can be purchased at the Forum box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (800-745-3000), and online at www.ticketmaster.com or www.fabulousforum.com. And to celebrate boxing's return to the Forum, any $150 or $75 ticket, purchased at the box office or via Ticketmaster on April 1, between Noon and 4:00 p.m. PT, will include a complimentary companion ticket to the inaugural brawl. Limit six (6) tickets per order."

Does anyone know what the complimentary companion ticket is exactly?

Wow, tonight's HBO card was the type of night that makes you question paying for the subscription, what a pile of poop. The highlight was Kovelev calling Adonis Stevenson a "piece of shit" in the post fight interview.

Wow, tonight's HBO card was the type of night that makes you question paying for the subscription, what a pile of poop. The highlight was Kovelev calling Adonis Stevenson a "piece of shit" in the post fight interview.
Lol, yeah it was pretty bad. I do think Agnew exposed a chink in Kovalev's armor though; he can be hit clean with counter hooks. He's gonna do one or the other; offense or defense, but never at the same time. When he's throwing he doesn't worry about the incoming, which against Adonis can be dangerous.

Pretty good fight card tonight on NBC Sports. Steve Cunningham against Amir Mansour, and Curtis Stevens vs Taureano Johnson. Don't know much about Mansour, but I've seen Johnson a couple of times. Untested, but man is he aggressive, Kirkland-like. Against Stevens' power it should be a barn burner while it lasts.

Mansour is the definition of a C level guy. It's hard to hate on him for it as he lost what should have been his prime to prison. Cunningham is fighting above where he should be weight class wise, but he won't come to lay down. Should be a fun scrap.

Tom_Cody

Pretty good fight card tonight on NBC Sports. Steve Cunningham against Amir Mansour, and Curtis Stevens vs Taureano Johnson. Don't know much about Mansour, but I've seen Johnson a couple of times. Untested, but man is he aggressive, Kirkland-like. Against Stevens' power it should be a barn burner while it lasts.
Got the DVR set. AFAIC Stevens is must see tv.

Btw, to anyone who cares, reddit has a really good boxing community. I've mostly transitioned over there.

Just like I thought; Stevens and Johnson are in beast mode, lol. Great 4th round!

Shit! Johnson is James Kirkland with a granite chin; I don't know how he's shaking off these shots by Stevens.

Wow! That might have been a bit early, but I'm highly impressed by Johnson. Stevens with the miracle hook, but he still couldn't put him off his feet.

If Cunningham can weather the early storm, he should be able to wear down and maybe stop Mansour. Dude is swinging for the rafters with each shot; he's gonna punch himself out if he keeps it up.

Dan Rafael reporting a July 12th PPV fight between Canelo and Lara is close to being finalized. Another great fight, I bet on Canelo.

WBC is kinda weird. They already have the next WBC title fight eliminator, scheduled for 2015 between Mike Perez and Bryant Jennings. Suddenly everyone seems to want the WBC title. Hopefully we'll get some good fights out of this.

The WBC can barely follow it's own rules most of the time. Chatter was all about Wilder getting the winner of Arreola/Strivene. I guess the winner of THIS fight would then fight the winner of that.

It's all certainly more interesting than Wlad jabbing for 12 rounds against European tomato can # 4379 again.

Tom_Cody

So... Pac is fighting this Saturday, i've been seeing promos on tv and they had this song on the background, i dug it and looked it up. It's called "Face Your Destiny" it is reminiscent of the songs from the "Rocky" movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLU-LU_4TM

Anyone else heard/liked it?

Who wins this Saturday, Bradley or Pacquiao?
Vegas odds favor Pac but I'm going out on a limb and calling it for Bradley by decision. I see him putting on a performance similar to his win over Marquez. He showed in the first fight that he knows how to nullify Pacquiao's offense and I see him building off of that to land offense of his own.

Again, I recognize that that Pac is the favorite, but I give Bradley a solid chance.

Vegas odds favor Pac but I'm going out on a limb and calling it for Bradley by decision. I see him putting on a performance similar to his win over Marquez. He showed in the first fight that he knows how to nullify Pacquiao's offense and I see him building off of that to land offense of his own.

Again, I recognize that that Pac is the favorite, but I give Bradley a solid chance.

Hmmm... i'm undecided as to who will win... but i do know that i favor Pac... and he deserves to win after the way the judges robbed him on their previous fight.

ZoddGutts

He means he needs to take more steroids.

He doesn't look as ripped as he used to that's for sure.

ERwT7za.jpg

I'm thinking Bradley actually wins this time. Father Time approaches.

It certainly feels that their paths after the first fight have gone different ways. Bradley just feels like the right pick.

It's a rematch of a bad decision so Manny will get every single questionable round no matter what to "right the wrong". Much like Lewis/Holyfield 2 was way closer than the actual cards, but Lewis was wronged in the first fight so he got the benefit of the doubt every time. I almost feel like Bradley needs a KO or a very, very dominate performance to win on the cards.

heart says: Bradley SD 12

brain says: Manny SD 12

Watching the Top Rank Stream, Dat PS4 visibility, its errywhere.

I've struggled with my pick, but I've thought about it, and am going with Manny.

I am counting on him showing up and attacking Bradley without fear, nothing like the Rios fight. For one, Bradley doesn't hit hard like Rios, and he's not really a counter puncher either. Maybe Tim is hoping for Manny to go all out, but that's what happened last time, and Bradley was clearly beat.

That said, who knows. Bradley has beat Ruslan Provodnikov, and Juan Manuel Marquez, no easy feat. He is in his prime. Perhaps he will have his defining moment tonight.

Maybe I'm wrong, and Manny acts a little gun shy?

Ultimately though, I think Manny is craving this victory, and he wants to let everyone know that he is still arguable the best p4p fighter in the sport. And I think he will.

Lastly, Top Rank sucks at making interesting undercards, Goldenboy has got them beat.

Boxing is all about matchups. I don't think Bradley did much of anything lastfight for me to cross over and pick him to win this go round. I say Pacquiao wins "again", but a bit closer.... lets just hope the judges know what they are doing.

Top Bottom