• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Great fight, Taylor is a tough guy, it's nice to see someone actually go for the KO, instead of giving up like many others do at that point.

Broner vs Lucas the can crusher would be great.

If the rematch happens, I'll put my money on Matthysse
Bet you bet on him last september too haha. Garcia is too much of a better boxer, wrong style for him. He needs guys who are willing to get into wars with him.

Broner is a good matchup because he has a low output. He just needs to avoid getting careless like he did against Molina

TuXx

Bet you bet on him last september too haha. Garcia is too much of a better boxer, wrong style for him. He needs guys who are willing to get into wars with him.

Broner is a good matchup because he has a low output. He just needs to avoid getting careless like he did against Molina

I did lol, I had Matthysse winning the majority of the rounds in the first half, but then we all know what happened with that eye. Matthysse gets it done this time around though.

Rematch would still be 50/50 imo, Lucas got too wild too early last time out.

If he comes on like his last two fights in a more controlled destructive manner, he wins this time.

Also, I can't believe it's already Mayweather time next week. Got a feeling he outclasses Maidana clearly this time (ala JLC 2.)

Anyone watch Segura-Estrada?

Luis Ortiz vs Lateef Kayode on Fox Sports 1 tonight for the WBA Interim Heavyweight Title.

To clarify:

Wladimir Klitchko is the WBA (and unified) heavyweight champion.

Ruslan Chagaev is the WBA "regular" heavyweight champion

Chagaev is not injured. Tonights bout is for the 3rd WBA heavyweight champion because BOXING.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, it's ridiculous.. and even more so considering Kayode should really still be a CW.. and his recent wins at HW are a joke... actually.. not even a joke.. they aren't even worth mentioning... he's also a really small HW.. he's not that tall... not sold on Ortiz either though.

Kayode might be good enough to beat Ortiz.

I like Charlo though.. he's pretty good.\

..and the shell of the formerly good JuanMa is fighting tonight too.

El Topo

Anything but Floyd winning would be a huge shocker.

Luis Ortiz vs Lateef Kayode on Fox Sports 1 tonight for the WBA Interim Heavyweight Title.

To clarify:

Wladimir Klitchko is the WBA (and unified) heavyweight champion.

Ruslan Chagaev is the WBA "regular" heavyweight champion

Chagaev is not injured. Tonights bout is for the 3rd WBA heavyweight champion because BOXING.

Ah, the heavyweight scene. I've finally stopped caring about it. The few interesting fights get canceled or postponed anyway.

Edit:
Having a champion behind Klitschko makes sense though. Wladimir only boxes about two/three times a year, so getting a title shot (for a particular title) can take some time. Normally you'd strip him of the title, but stripping the essentially undisputed heavyweight champion and probably best heavyweight of the title would seem ridiculous.

Floyd UD12.

The first fight is the best I feel that Maidana could ever do against Mayweather, I KNOW Floyd can fight a better fight than the first time.

I'll be cheering for Maidana for the fun of it though.

Floyd UD12.

The first fight is the best I feel that Maidana could ever do against Mayweather, I KNOW Floyd can fight a better fight than the first time.

I'll be cheering for Maidana for the fun of it though.

It will be interesting. Maidana never lost twice in a row and usually when he lost it wasn't by much.I want to see how he approaches this fight.

Turin

Banned
Floyd will use his legs and keep him outside more and when Maidana does get close he'll hit him hard to the body.

Maidana we'll basically fight the same but with a more consistent energy level.

Floyd probably wins by a wide decision with a few anxious moments along the way.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Maidana had to burn 8 pounds with one week to go. Floyd looks in better shape this fight in compared to May. They said that they only want Marcos to gain 10 pounds in comparison to the ~18~ he gained in May, that will negate what he did so successfully. Floyd picks up where he left on round 5 on. Floyd UD, anticlimatic as usual from the opposition, but the usual sublime performance from Floyd.

The rematch, nobody really asked for. Nobody wins.

Except Floyd by UD, and probably a bit cleaner looking.

Undercard isn't very good either.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
For the Floyd match I expect either the same as last time, or Maidaina going really dirty not caring about trying to get a judge's win but instead just make Floyd lose his cool to go wherever that could take him.

Top Bottom