• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

I really don't think he had much choice with the way Porter was rushing in

He could sidestep, he could counter, you know, box his way out. He was intentionally smothering. Boring stuff.

This BKB main event between Brian Vera and Gabriel Rosado put the show main event to shame. Great fight for the promotion, Rosado surprised me with his performance, and Vera showed some heart before getting stopped.

3Sixty

Had it Brook by a couple of rounds but expected a hometown decision. Not Brooks biggest fan but he done well last night, Porter busy but not doing alot.

Jim Watt for Sky yet again horrendous scorecard. I do wonder if he is blind at times.

Great work by Brooks corner on that cut early too

Sky commentators are hopeless tbh, I don't know why they have this patriotic siege mentality every time a Brit fights in America when we (UK) have had some of the most bent decisions and referees in the past decade.

3Sixty

Sky commentators are hopeless tbh, I don't know why they have this patriotic siege mentality every time a Brit fights in America when we (UK) have had some of the most bent decisions and referees in the past decade.

My favourite was the Haye/Valuev fight when they had him down by several rounds

Turin

Banned
I like what I've seen of Steve Bunce for the most part(US guy here so I haven't seen him a lot). He has no shame in rooting for the home team but seems to keep it real more often than not.

This is the first time I've seen Kell Brook. Physically, he reminds me somewhat of Carl Froch with the build and the type of speed and power. Froch is better at most things but Kell has a better 1-2 combo. I'm impressed he kept his composure, used his physical tools and beat a top level welterweight with a limited game.

That would be a shame, because Cotto/GGG would be a great fight. Is Cotto angling for a huge payday against Canelo?

I bet he is, that's what Marquez thinks as well... (tv show where he is a co-host). In the same show they said that Canelo doesn't plan on figthing Chavez because... he has bigger things on the horizon...

abuC

X power pad, Deontay Wilder vs Stiverne, that's a pretty big step up for Deontay considering all the cab drivers he's left in his wake.

Heel

14595607_g7uhkono8vfgb3gqspqbggrh0wv4mppq6pvf15zj-320.jpg

Warren Buffet the 66.9 Billion dollar man joins The Money Team

abuC

Andre Berto vs. Steve Upsher
Lucas Matthysse vs. Roberto Ortiz
Adrien Broner vs. Emmanuel Taylor

On right now (Showtime)

TuXx

That wasn't the refs fault, Ortiz spit out his mouthpiece and didn't even seem too upset. He wanted no more of what Lucas was selling.

It was razor thin, but he definitely got up before the 10 count. Ortiz was a dumbass though for taking his time

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's over for tonight?

Damnit. When is the next big boxing match?

edit: Oh I see. Hey man don't lose all your energy dancing to the ring.

Top Bottom