• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

After the Lazcano fight I don't think anyone's going to let Ricky do the "hold with the left hand, rabbit punch with the right" thing. I never knew how he got away with it in the first place but the days of him getting mileage out of it seem to be over.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
For real, I seriously thought Hatton had brain damage. That was not a good fall at all. This could very well be the end of his career.

$50 down the drain :lol At least it was fun.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn that punch was so sexy. fucking feint with the right, he kind of ducks down and throws this amazing hook that goes up to the face.

beautiful

Kingpen

DarienA said:
Floyd Jr don't want none of Manny! But man does that fight need to happen.....

Money May would take the payday for it, and I'm sure that is why he came back.... That payday would probably be bigger then what he got for De La Hoya....

h_a_t

harSon said:
It's true. Floyd's skill combined with his need for money is going to be a nasty combination.

Need? Really?
At this point in his career, especially the money he made during the last few years...I really don't see him coming back and fighting this summer because of his need for money.

I just don't see him destroying Pac because when I think destroyed, I think Floyd-Gatti.
:lol

Pretty sure I heard Oscar say he liked Hatton in this fight because he didn't feel a lot of power from Paq in his last fight.

...well fuck :lol

Also I like Floyd in a possible matchup obviously.

Rorschach

h_a_t said:
Need? Really?
At this point in his career, especially the money he made during the last few years...I really don't see him coming back and fighting this summer because of his need for money.

I just don't see him destroying Pac because when I think destroyed, I think Floyd-Gatti.
Tax evasion is a helluva thing. Talk to Wesley Snipes!

NomarTyme

h_a_t said:
Need? Really?

Please! why is he doing the retarded commercials if he doesn't want anymore money?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
My 2 cents. I love Ricky. Massive respect for the man. But goooooooooooooooooood damn. What a fucking knockout. Floyd better not get in a ring with Pacquiao. Fuck's sake. Man is IN-DES-TRUCTIBLE!

Marvie_3

Banned
Wow. I missed the fight due to the 'Hawks/'Nucks game but it doesn't sound like I missed much other than Hatton getting his shit fucked up. :lol

TheCardPlayer said:
My 2 cents. I love Ricky. Massive respect for the man. But goooooooooooooooooood damn. What a fucking knockout. Floyd better not get in a ring with Pacquiao. Fuck's sake. Man is IN-DES-TRUCTIBLE!

Manny to be DLC in SFIV

TheCardPlayer

Marvie_3 said:
Wow. I missed the fight due to the 'Hawks/'Nucks game but it doesn't sound like I missed much other than Hatton getting his shit fucked up. :lol
It was glorious. Pacquiao fought like he was forged out of awesome, gold and win. Hatton literally dropped like he was hit by Optimus Prime.

Pacquiao might be too threatening for Mayweather to consider. He's a great fighter, but he's always picked his fights VERY carefully. Pacquiao has speed and power. If Mayweather has slowed even a fraction, if Pacquiao catches him with one big, clean shot I'd fancy the fight to be over. Pacquiao would be five times as dangerous as anyone else he's faced.

DSN2K

Hatton looked rattled before he even got in the ring, hell he looked more comfortable before Floyd fight WTF :lol

harSon

Banned
TheDrowningMan said:
Pacquiao might be too threatening for Mayweather to consider. He's a great fighter, but he's always picked his fights VERY carefully. Pacquiao has speed and power. If Mayweather has slowed even a fraction, if Pacquiao catches him with one big, clean shot I'd fancy the fight to be over. Pacquiao would be five times as dangerous as anyone else he's faced.

Don't get your hopes up, Mayweather is the destroyer of dreams.

aku08

man, i felt bad for hatton there for a minute. he got knocked the fuck out. those eyes were seeing stars boy. Go Manny! :lol

harSon said:
Don't get your hopes up, Mayweather is the destroyer of dreams.

He's also the Picker Of Cherries. So while a Mayweather win is very, very possible should such a fight occur, I'm not entirely convinced it will.

h_a_t

Ikuu said:

Rorschach said:
Tax evasion is a helluva thing. Talk to Wesley Snipes!

NomarTyme said:
Please! why is he doing the retarded commercials if he doesn't want anymore money?

Point well taken.....I didn't know.
:D

I mean damn though, all that money he made just within the last few fights.
Maybe he could ask his butt-buddy 50 cent for some cash, or did they break up?

I guess Patrick Ewing's "Well, we make a lot of money, but we spend a lot too" still holds true.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
aku08 said:
man, i felt bad for hatton there for a minute. he got knocked the fuck out. those eyes were seeing stars boy. Go Manny! :lol
Hard to feel sorry for someone who made more than any of us will every make, and just for 5 minutes work :lol

TheCardPlayer

Dark FaZe said:
LMAO @ Floyd out in 3 fuckin rounds WOW.
Floyd walks into the ring with Manny: He doesn't walk out. He's carried out. Floyd's good but he was always a poor's man's Whitaker in my eyes. He fought Corrales, Hatton and Castillo. Otherwise...heh.

Top Bottom