• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

studyguy

Chocolatito a fucking machine with a chin. Arroyo, can't take anything from him. A year down and he went the full 12 under that pressure? Props.

Chocolatito a fucking machine with a chin. Arroyo, can't take anything from him. A year down and he went the full 12 under that pressure? Props.
Chocolatito is freaking relentless. Arroyo was game and hung in there with a special fighter.

Wade won't last nearly as long against Golovkin lol

Farsi

GGG is just too charming with that cute friendly soccer kid smile.

That Canelo fight if Canelo handles his business is going to be not just a fight, but an event. A massive event for boxing for sure.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Max: "Could you finish the fight in one round every time, is all of this a joke?"
GGG: "Yes, everyone really sucks horribly."
/paraphrasing

Fighting Canelo is one of the only fights worth for him to go with, and obviously he'll beat him. He'd beat Mayweather too if he went down to it.

Max: "Could you finish the fight in one round every time, is all of this a joke?"
GGG: "Yes, everyone really sucks horribly."
/paraphrasing

Fighting Canelo is one of the only fights worth for him to go with, and obviously he'll beat him. He'd beat Mayweather too if he went down to it.

nah floyd will dismantle him.

Qvoth

just watched the fight
ggg
p0QHO.gif

Tubie

GGG would destroy Canelo and they both know it.

That fight will never happen, unless GGG is still fighting when he's 40.

DMczaf

Does Tyson have a podcast or anything?

I've been on a boxing documentary kick lately and he's always really interesting to listen to when it comes to the sport. Very insightful.

Turin

Banned
I remember thinking Canelo would never fight Lara and he did.

Whenever the fight might happen, I think/hope it'll just be negotiated to 158. GGG sometimes weighs that of his own volition anyway.

I remember thinking Canelo would never fight Lara and he did.

Whenever the fight might happen, I think/hope it'll just be negotiated to 158. GGG sometimes weighs that of his own volition anyway.

What? No, he doesn't. Going to need a source on that one. In fact, Golovkin has never even fought below 158.5 pounds in his entire career, and that was years ago.

The fight is for the lineal middleweight championship. Canelo is the physically larger man and typically walks into the ring as a LHW. Both individuals are size-perfect middleweights, which is ideal considering the fight would be for the middleweight crown. GGG's goal is to put together a Hagler-esque middleweight dynasty. Canelo is his path to that as long as he holds that belt. A fight of this significance in the division shouldn't be fought below the division limit when both guys are, in fact, true middleweights.

Though I have no illusion that Canelo will continue to build his career on blown up light welterweights. I'm sure Pac or Bradley will be next.

Turin

Banned
What? No, he doesn't. Going to need a source on that one. In fact, Golovkin has never even fought below 158.5 pounds in his entire career, and that was years ago.

The fight is for the lineal middleweight championship. Canelo is the physically larger man and typically walks into the ring as a LHW. Both individuals are size-perfect middleweights, which is ideal considering the fight would be for the middleweight crown. GGG's goal is to put together a Hagler-esque middleweight dynasty. Canelo is his path to that as long as he holds that belt. A fight of this significance in the division shouldn't be fought below the division limit when both guys are, in fact, true middleweights.

I agree but I highly doubt it'll play out the way we want it to.

My point is GGG probably wouldn't give a damn if he had to get down to 158. It won't hurt him.

My other point is Canelo's a prideful dude. He'll fight him. Maybe not this year.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm surprised they're fighting in the sun like this wtf, you can get blinded by the light.

edit: Damn calm down TV guy.

edit2: Ortiz looks like a Mexican Nore.

Top Bottom