• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Turin

Banned
I doubt Floyd's itching to get back in the ring anyway. He probably would have retired earlier if Pacquiao wasn't around to give him incentive. He's killed that elephant and now he's out.

kasane

if pac called out floyd we might have seen another one, not sure whats in it for floyd now. If manny did indeed call him out i dont think hes pride could let that sit with him and he would get 50 with a win over manny.

Nah I'd rather Boxing not go through that circus again. We already saw Pac get schooled.

I would,.
I think Floyd beats him again but Manny throwing caution to the wind more 2nd time around (if indeed the shoulder was a real thing), maybe he catches him (rd 4 briefly comes to mind when he got him up against the ropes).

Both Floyd and Manny have earned retirement so why not fight each other, neither will suffer crazy damage and it could still be fun.

12998524_10157017825150354_3114834472971156936_n.jpg

BadAss2961

I would,.
I think Floyd beats him again but Manny throwing caution to the wind more 2nd time around (if indeed the shoulder was a real thing), maybe he catches him (rd 4 briefly comes to mind when he got him up against the ropes).

Both Floyd and Manny have earned retirement so why not fight each other, neither will suffer crazy damage and it could still be fun.
That's always the plan against Floyd since most submit boxing prowess to him going on. They always say they're gonna go after him, that he can't run from me, then he makes them tentative once the fight settles. Time and time again.

lol... That bad, huh? I remember Manny doing the same thing to Algieri.

pixelation

Color me impressed, Pacquiao looked very good tonight indeed. I do wish that he stays retired... unless Mayweather takes the rematch. Canelo is waaay to big for Pac.

bradley is probably the best boxer right now i think. I can only think of terrence crawford being on his level. I dont think anyone besides floyd or manny can beat bradley.

Tom_Cody

bradley is probably the best boxer right now i think. I can only think of terrence crawford being on his level. I dont think anyone besides floyd or manny can beat bradley.
Keith Thurmna, Errol Spence, Kell Brook, maybe Amir Khan.

Pac-Bradley was a showdown between a 5'6" welterweight against a 5'5" welterweight. Errol Spence is 5'10". The Top Rank fighters have become so sheltered that I think a lot of people have forgotten there are a lot of other talented fighters out there.

Turin

Banned
Errol Spence probably beats anyone at welterweight. Thurman and Khan maybe beat Bradley but it'd be a rough, frustrating night for them.

I'm not sold on Brook AT ALL.

Tom_Cody

Who are you guys picking for the Errol Spence versus Chris Algieri fight tonight?

This is a big set up for Spence, so I could definitely see it going either way. I'm personally picking Spence to win, and I could definitely see him hurting Algieri along the way.

The undercard has a fantastic cruiserweight fight as well.

Who are you guys picking for the Errol Spence versus Chris Algieri fight tonight?

This is a big set up for Spence, so I could definitely see it going either way. I'm personally picking Spence to win, and I could definitely see him hurting Algieri along the way.

The undercard has a fantastic cruiserweight fight as well.

errol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Didn't know Spence, gonna keep an eye on him. Good fight for him. Made it look easy.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
I am a fan of algieri, dude pretty much fought everyone.

He was looking better with his new trainer as well.

Probably will have to face lower level competition now to build himself back up.

Top Bottom