• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
How can ANYONE think Khan could fight GGG? Are you kidding? Look at how this fight went, it'd be over quicker with G.

edit: oh I see he was saying Canelo should fight GGG, haha.

Tubie

Canelo has lost already so it's not like he's protecting a perfect record. I don't get why he's ducking GGG, that fight will make him a lot of money too.

I don't think Canelo/GGG happens, at least not til probably Fall 2017. Canelo is probably the top draw in boxing now, while GGG is largely still an unknown on the mainstream scene, Oscar is going to want to milk that golden goose a couple more times before putting him in any danger.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Canelo has lost already so it's not like he's protecting a perfect record. I don't get why he's ducking GGG, that fight will make him a lot of money too.

Some think if you lose to Floyd, it doesn't count.

He and his promotion company make a ton of money no matter who they fight at this point. If GGG were a huge draw and could add to Canelo's draw power, I think Canelo's people would be more likely to make the fight.

studyguy

He and his promotion company make a ton of money no matter who they fight at this point. If GGG were a huge draw and could add to Canelo's draw power, I think Canelo's people would be more likely to make the fight.

GGG needs this more than Canelo does right now for sure. Golden Boy won't put their cow on the chopping block so easily but one can dream.

PR_rambo

Banned
what else is there for Canelo to do anyway? Now that it's been ordered, he can't run back to a Cotto rematch like I believe he'd initially planned. Dropping the belt Will be more damaging than losing it to GGG IMO

Tubie

what else is there for Canelo to do anyway? Now that it's been ordered, he can't run back to a Cotto rematch like I believe he'd initially planned. Dropping the belt Will be more damaging than losing it to GGG IMO

Yea, and even if he goes up to 160 and loses to GGG he can still just go back to 154 and beat every jobber they put in front of him till he retires.

giphy.gif

Why is it that these promotion companies won't let the news agencies air the knockout footage? Are replays that much of a business concern? If you are Golden Boy, don't you want footage of this knockout on SportsCenter within like 10 minutes of the fight ending so that you can get more exposure with casuals?

Farsi

Feels good paying for a boxing PPV and getting your moneys worth.

Why is it that these promotion companies won't let the news agencies air the knockout footage? Are replays that much of a business concern? If you are Golden Boy, don't you want footage of this knockout on SportsCenter within like 10 minutes of the fight ending so that you can get more exposure with casuals?

HBO pops good numbers with their PPV replays. That's why they don't show it entirely.

Tenebrous

That punch would have knocked out a lot of guys, not just Khan.

It'd take out anyone below the MW division, most MWs, and probably most SMW too.

Khan is a 140/147 fighter, and no-one in those divisions could take a punch like that. Hopefully he's alright.

Top Bottom