• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

TuXx

Canelo is ducking triple G for the same reasons Golovkin is ducking Ward.

Team Golovkin deserves it. Oscar is just giving them the same treatment they gave to Ward. After all the bullshit Team Golovkin fed to the public, it's rather enjoyable seeing them on the other end of the duck.

Leunam

Canelo is ducking triple G for the same reasons Golovkin is ducking Ward.

Ward fights at 168 now. GGG hasn't shown interest in moving past 160 as far as I know.

The Ward Golovkin negotiations ended because Golovkin had already finalized the fight with Lemieux, and following that, would be in line for the mandatory for the 160 belt which at the time would be held by the winner of Cotto Canelo.

Ward needs to stop sitting on his ass. I guess Canelo is just following Wards plan, delay and claim GGG is ducking him while never intending to actually fight him.

Ward actually fights at 175 now.

When GGG-Ward was even hinted at, Ward fought at 168. At the time, and as he still is now, Golovkin is concerned with unifying titles at 160. Obviously he would pursue a Canelo fight over a Ward fight - Golovkin has been the mandatory challenger to that title for a minute now, not to mention the fact that they are matched perfectly for size despite Canelo usually being the heavier man in the ring.

LOL at equating Canelo-Golovkin negotiations to Ward-Golovkin trash-talking. That fight was never in serious consideration nor should it have been. Ward had difficulties making 168 as it stood and is naturally suited to 175. Moving up was a better career move than fighting GGG and will produce the best fight boxing has to offer - SOG v. Krusher.

BadAss2961

Definitely not fair to be rushing GGG into fighting Ward. Let him get a chance at cleaning out his own division before demanding he move up.

Canelo:

"After much consideration, today, I instructed my team at Golden Boy Promotions to continue negotiating a fight with Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin and to finalize a deal as quickly as possible. I also informed the WBC that I will vacate its title."

Terrified of GGG @ 160

untitled-3yckc6.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What the fuck, who was that fool lol

Fight happening in the ring post fight.

These ring girls are so hot.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is that supposed to represent how old Canelo and GGG will look before the finally fight?

lol I don't know, Steve Bunce is asking people to send him pictures of boxers with great facial, first one they got was a picture of Yosemite Sam lol

Steve Lillis having none of it
xmo70o1.jpg

edit: Haha, they showed a picture of Margarito, and Bunce says "Look at that! Margarito! At the peak of his time! Well... maybe not... maybe it was before the drugs."

edit2: Welp I guess that was Mosley's last fight ever.

Ward actually fights at 175 now.

When GGG-Ward was even hinted at, Ward fought at 168. At the time, and as he still is now, Golovkin is concerned with unifying titles at 160. Obviously he would pursue a Canelo fight over a Ward fight - Golovkin has been the mandatory challenger to that title for a minute now, not to mention the fact that they are matched perfectly for size despite Canelo usually being the heavier man in the ring.

LOL at equating Canelo-Golovkin negotiations to Ward-Golovkin trash-talking. That fight was never in serious consideration nor should it have been. Ward had difficulties making 168 as it stood and is naturally suited to 175. Moving up was a better career move than fighting GGG and will produce the best fight boxing has to offer - SOG v. Krusher.

Golovkin should've did everything in his power to pursue a Ward fight. Now he's 34 years old and squandering his prime fighting mediocre to decent opposition in a talent poor division chasing Canelo so he can be involved in a big fight. The fucked up thing is we may never know how good or great Golovkin ever is because he has yet to even fight a really good to great fighter yet; mostly not Golovkin's blame as it is the talent in his division. However he had an opportunity to fight a top P4P, future hall of famer in his prime and him and his handlers chose the "unifying the division titles" reasoning instead, which funnily didn't come up when potential fights with Chavez Jr. and Froch at 168 were being discussed.

studyguy

There's this Nick Arce dude who is always at stubhub as an undercard. Dude is from here in LA and draws a huge crowd buy I swear he's like the most boring fighter ever. Plus the dudes he gets lined up with. Like right now 9 wins 8 losses 2 KO. Like I just don't this dude's hype he doesn't even roll over these dudes. Even his KOS are whatever.

Like we're sixth round and this dude has been outboxing him I guess but it's hard to not outbox a tree stump. Falling asleep. Also this Corona was 15 bills. Robbery.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Nah, I love Salido... dude will fight anyone and will go to war to try and win.

Just a fighter through and through.

So the official decision is:

115-113 Vargas
114-114 x 2 Draw

Draw

REMATCH.

PR_rambo

Banned
Go to war all you want, but win with boxing, fuck hitting dudes in the junk, fuck intentional headbutting , glad he walks out titleless once again, satisfying.

studyguy

Brehs that fight was so good it killed my phone. Holy shit I cannot express how hype that crowd was tonight. Fight of the year. Easy.

Spike is showing this doc right now where they interview various guys about their fights with Ali. Earnie Shavers, Ken Norton, Leon Spinks...and every single goddamn one of them has subtitles when they speak because their speech is so goddamn slurred. Man this is some sad shit.

Spike is showing this doc right now where they interview various guys about their fights with Ali. Earnie Shavers, Ken Norton, Leon Spinks...and every single goddamn one of them has subtitles when they speak because their speech is so goddamn slurred. Man this is some sad shit.

It's why I think Foreman losing to Ali (And subsequently, losing his heart to fight for a few decades) was a blessing in disguise for him. He got out and remained the most healthy of the lot. Ali fought every single big name in his era, securing his place as the greatest, but he also took the most punishment.

Liam Smith says he's been offered the Canelo fight, his promotor says:

"We have something very special in the pipeline for him, a September blockbuster that will stir the juices of fight fans everywhere. We should be in a position to reveal all very soon – so watch this space,"

The duck is 99.9% locked in.

Turin

Banned
Love this guy.

After he gets Salido out of the way, I want to see Lomachenko vs. Walters.

Sadly, we'll probably never get to see him fight Rigondeaux or Mikey Garcia.

Loma and Andrade both looked great. Thankfully, the divisions around both of those guys are fairly stacked. Hopefully spells good matchups for these two in the near future.

Top Bottom