• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Wel deserved win, but Avanesyan was a good opponent and I'd like to see him against other top contenders.

I'm all for Peterson vs the Thurman/Garcia winner.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I feel like Granados is going to tire out more than Broner.

I knew it. That wasn't an impressive win, though. Broner is somebody who remains stagnant and continues to waste his unfulfilled potential.
Yeah he is what he is at this point. Decent fighter but will never prove worthy of the Mawyeather comparisons from early on in his career.
God I want Broner to fight to Crawford. That would be a ass whopping of epic proportions.
Won't happen because of promoters but Crawford would school AB.

Tom_Cody

Fun night of fights. Exciting KO from Olympian Marcus Browne, a welcome return for Lamont Peterson who instantly renters the mix at 147, and a great back-and-forth main event. Props to Showtime for their matchmaking. I would like to see a rematch, but I'd also be happy to see Granados in the mix at 140. Broner has tremendous talent but unfortunately he also has a debilitating lack of disipline. A rematch is probably my strongest desire for both fighters. Let's see what this looks like as a 12 round fight when they can both stick to an agreed upon weight.

PR_rambo

Banned
Welterweight world titleholder Manny Pacquiao announced on Wednesday night that he is negotiating his next fight to be against Amir Khan.

Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, has made a deal with Duco Events, a New Zealand promotional company he has close ties to, for Pacquiao to defend the 147-pound belt against Australia's Jeff Horn in Brisbane, Australia.

However, Pacquiao and adviser Michael Koncz have also been talking to an unnamed group about bringing Pacquiao's next fight to the United Arab Emirates, and Pacquiao said 10 days ago that his next bout would be in the UAE.

Then on Wednesday night, he said England's Khan, a well-known name and former junior welterweight titleholder, who is of Pakistani descent, was the opponent he hoped to fight.

"My team and I are in negotiations with Amir Khan for our next fight. Further announcement coming soon," Pacquiao wrote on social media.

Khan has gotten knocked out a couple of times, we know he won't win here, but at least this isn't Joe friggin Horn. Apparently Manny wants to fight in the UAB instead of australia, and the audience there would rather he fought Khan. Hope it comes through.

And for the record, I rather see him fight Crawford, but I think Arum won't let him become a stepping stone like Oscar did.

EDIT: Bob Arum just said it's bullshit, so I guess we're back to Joe Horn

DOUBLE EDIT: That was two days ago actually. And Manny actually tweeted himself that he is in negotiations with Khan. lol.

Khan has gotten knocked out a couple of times, we know he won't win here, but at least this isn't Joe friggin Horn. Apparently Manny wants to fight in the UAB instead of australia, and the audience there would rather he fought Khan. Hope it comes through.

And for the record, I rather see him fight Crawford, but I think Arum won't let him become a stepping stone like Oscar did.

EDIT: Bob Arum just said it's bullshit, so I guess we're back to Joe Horn

yes thank god the jeff horn fight was canceled, that was a joke. I think khan can bet manny considering his style but he needs to avoid being koe'd.

pixelation

So Chavez father cancelled the purse bet between Canelo and Chavez Jr. saying that it wasn't "ethical", and he got noticeably upset. So Canelo said that he'd cancel the bet out of respect for Chavez Sr. That just makes Chavez Jr. look bad, they shook hands in front live TV and now they are backing off. The reason that Canelo suggested the bet was due to Chavez Jr. saying that he was gonna knock out Canelo on round #8 and posting memes online so Canelo called him out on it saying that if he was so sure that they should bet their purse, they shook hands and now... well now either Chavez Jr. or Sr. or both may not be feeling so confident anymore.

Top Bottom