• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
30 more seconds and DeGale would have gone down again, ref could have pretty much called it off after that last knock down but because it was the end of the match he let it go. Badou won, and would have won decisively with a few more seconds.

Great fight with DeGale and Jack - I think the draw is a fair result on the whole. Degale (as usual) starts fast, fades during the middle, and comes back a bit in the championship rounds.

However, he showed a lot of heart in that 12th round, surprised he made it to the end, that kd took a lot out of him.

Agree with the others who have said that they can't see Jack making a dent at 175 - Ward/Kovalev and especially Beterbiev all got too much for him.

Following this great match up, if I was GGG I'd be looking to move up to 168 after (I predict) he KOs Jacobs and challenge there - I don't think he will find 168 that easy, but would love to see him in there against DeGale or Groves (neither of whom would duck the challenge and would pose him a LOT of problems).

I know Oscar says Canelo vs GGG in September, but I'll believe it when they both get in the ring and not a moment before.

I'm literally flipping through both channels, lol. Saw the replay of the Garcia ko.... Damn.

Then saw Miura with the body punch and the rest was history. Whew. It's been a good weekend of fighting in both UFC and Boxing.

Syder

I've got Leo up 1 round.
wtzgU.gif

Tom_Cody

Read your write up, enjoyed it but slightly disagree with your simplistic conclusion about perception depending upon who loses; because the fight itself, and how the person wins and loses plays a significant part in perception.
You're not wrong. I admit I was being sensationalistic, but I honestly think that we'll hear those comments from fanboys after the fight. As you said, it obviously depends on how each of them performs though.

Top Bottom