• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Fighting against a guy with legit power at 51 years old is remarkable in itself. But father time always wins out. Heck of a career though for B-Hop👊

Tom_Cody

Sounds like you already know where you're going to go. You're right about Thurman vs Garcia probably being the more competitive fight. Do you think Garcia will pull in a nice Nuyorican base to the fight? I'm guessing since Philly isn't that far, philly fans may come out there in support of Garcia.

I'm expecting GGG to KO Jacobs, but at least Jacobs has athleticism and power and decent technical skills that can at least make the fight interesting.
I was already planning to go to Thurman-Garcia. Even though the GGG fight had been discussed, I didn't believe it would actually happen until the official announcement came.

Hopefully I'll go to both. The tickets haven't gone on sale yet for either, so I still have time to make a final decision.

2017 shaping up to be a better year than 2016 for GGG already.

Bieterbev vs Piedro last sizable fight of the year i think, then DeGale vs Jack 168 unification on Jan 16th. I think thats a 50/50, but Degale could nick it IF he ups his work rate - he takes too many rounds off for my liking.

Decided to rewatch the No Mas 30 for 30 the other day and it me to thinking what a dream matchup between prime Duran and prime Manny would have been like, or prime Sugar Ray vs Prime Mayweather.

Anyone use boxrec.com? I am working on a personal project for a website design and wanted to create a better boxing database website. What do you find hard or confusing to use? Also any features you wish was there?

Tom_Cody

Anyone use boxrec.com? I am working on a personal project for a website design and wanted to create a better boxing database website. What do you find hard or confusing to use? Also any features you wish was there?
I go to boxrec a few times a day. I don't have any specific problems with it.

Looks like Pacquiao will face relatively unknown Jeff Horn on April 22nd. Pac's matchmaking has been very underwhelming as of late. I guess they don't want to take a risk unless it's Mayweather. Shame though, this was the guy who used to fight anybody.

PR_rambo

Banned
This is really disappointing, a new low for Manny and his Team. Floyd is not coming back, theres no point in trying to protect themselves. If he is going to keep fighting, fight for something meaningful. Fight the best guy at 140 in Crawford, hell wait and see who wins the Thurman-Garcia Unification fight. Go out on a limb and fight Khan or Kell Brook!

Biolink

This is really disappointing, a new low for Manny and his Team. Floyd is not coming back, theres no point in trying to protect themselves. If he is going to keep fighting, fight for something meaningful. Fight the best guy at 140 in Crawford, hell wait and see who wins the Thurman-Garcia Unification fight. Go out on a limb and fight Khan or Kell Brook!

Al Haymon fighters, not possible.

Looks like Pacquiao will face relatively unknown Jeff Horn on April 22nd. Pac's matchmaking has been very underwhelming as of late. I guess they don't want to take a risk unless it's Mayweather. Shame though, this was the guy who used to fight anybody.

Wow. I thought the Terence Crawford fight was coming next.

canelo vs chavez jr for cinco de mayo weekend.

C2E2nXJUUAAhyYv.jpg

wtf, that is beyond lame.
It really is.
Wow. I thought the Terence Crawford fight was coming next.
Crawford present a big risk for PAC stylistically and isn't a big draw yet which is why I'm not surprised that they didn't make the fight. I'm Very Disappointed tho.
canelo vs chavez jr for cinco de mayo weekend.
$$$
Chavez Jr doesn't deserve it but that fight is going to do huge numbers.
Mexican superfight on Cino De Mayo weekend forget about it hombres it's gonna be lit. I might order some Mexican food for that lol.

Top Bottom