• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
I also saw it. It makes me wonder why these "sanctioning bodies" are in the sport, and of course its $$$. People like Haymon and Schafer are poisoning boxing as well.

Cam F. Awesome should be going into the pros.

Well $$$ is the answer. Hell the WBA even created a Super belt and a normal belt just so they can recieve even more money. I think the average they take is 3% of a fighters pay/purse. I can't imagine how much GGG pays in licensing fees every time he fights since he has all the belts except 1.

I think Awesome is well awesome but he is too old now to start going the pro route.

I was really surprised by the pro world champion who lived in that tiny tiny bedroom right in the gym while in camp. Damn that is some next level dedication. doesn't even see his family.

yea it was when de la hoya vs mayweather was happening lol.
This thread old as dirt. We should probably make a new Boxing |OT2|. I nominate Tom_Cody. He always makes good OPs.

Beefy

DDgDsO6WAAEGzcJ

You ready Boxing Gaf?

Looks like Andre Ward vs Tony Bellew are in talks for a fight later this year.

I much rather prefer Ward at least pursue a fight with Stevenson to see if it can get done and become the undisputed Light Heavyweight champion before moving up.

Turin

Banned
I hope Andre doesn't bulk himself out of a return to 175. It'd be fun to see him take Stevenson's soul.

That said, the Haymon people would probably just scoff at a fight with Ward and give Adonis another tomato can.

Lomachenko vs Marriaga set for August 5
Crawford vs Indongo on August 19

Both on ESPN. Crawford-Indongo will have all 4 belts on the line too. Pac, Loma, and Crawford have been HBO fighters but will all fight on free TV this summer. Really good for the sport.

I hope Andre doesn't bulk himself out of a return to 175. It'd be fun to see him take Stevenson's soul.

That said, the Haymon people would probably just scoff at a fight with Ward and give Adonis another tomato can.

If he goes up, i don't think he should go back down to 175. We saw what happened to Roy Jones afterwards. That's why I'd prefer to see Andre at least try to see how open Haymon is in making the Stevenson fight. I think they'd consider it tbh. Adonis Stevenson is 39 years old now, the risk/reward is worth it right now.

Turin

Banned
If he goes up, i don't think he should go back down to 175. We saw what happened to Roy Jones afterwards. That's why I'd prefer to see Andre at least try to see how open Haymon is in making the Stevenson fight. I think they'd consider it tbh. Adonis Stevenson is 39 years old now, the risk/reward is worth it right now.

He's acknowledged that it'd be a mistake to get over 185-190 which is about what he walks around at but I think he's well aware of the Roy Jones error.

As for Adonis. The walls are going to close in at some point. He'll either have to deal with Beterbiev or Kovalev at some point so maybe he'd rather fight the perceived weaker puncher in Ward.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Mosley Jr is trash. Dude just walks in with his head in front of his gloves.

Toussaint has faster, more accurate hands. and he's a smarter boxer to boot.

studyguy

Lmao didn't even know this was happening. Seeing a lot of complaints, but eh fuck it. This card isn't something I'd expect for free these days.

Top Bottom