• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

blurrygil

I have to say that WAS a pretty soft stoppage...

But fuckin' hell...Arce's a BEAST.

EDIT: NM the towel was thrown. I'm a smacktard.

djgil said:
I have to say that WAS a pretty soft stoppage...

But fuckin' hell...Arce's a BEAST.

Soft stoppage? His corner threw in the towel. And a water bottle.

They knew he was rocked the previous round. They could probably see how damaged he was prior to that beating, and did the math.

see5harp

They've got to do a rematch for that one. Really could have gone either way. Arce just bullied in the last 6 rounds and Wilfredo didn't throw any of those counters.

EDIT: They just showed the cards and the stoppage would have mattered. He was definitely taking power shots to the dome and with a young fighter it's probably better to just stop it.

dream said:
Great way to sell the fight..."Mosley's a 8-1 dog but he's confident and he's gonna try hard!"

They already have your money at this point......

I'm kinda torn if I want Mosley to shock the world for the lulz or Manny to destroy him to continue on the path towards Floyd.

kagete

Pristine_Condition said:
Brain damage?

You think he would have withstood another minute of THAT? He was out on his feet.
I dunno, he was taking those weak punches very well and looked to have enough of his own balance to stay up

Fifty

Didn't they just honor America? Why do they need to sing America the beautiful? Oh well, it's Jamie Foxx being dramatic. I hope they bring out Bin Laden's head on a pike next.

dream

see5harp said:
You know sometimes HBO can get a little carried away with Pacquiao but this production is pretty damn poor.

I think the overall production is better than HBO's (you can tell they learned a lot from producing Strikeforce shows) but all this down time and filler is absurd.

edit: oh god, don't tell me Manny's getting a pre-entrance entrance song too.

Top Bottom