• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

JLG-

Any predictions on what round Mosley will gas this time?
3AQmK.gif

polyh3dron said:
Been watching the Showtime Extreme weigh in show for Pacquiao vs Mosley. Wow, this dude who is emceeing the event is really trying to sell Mosley as a serious threat to Manny and even said that he has had great performances lately which made me lol. He gassed against PBF and looked HORRIBLE against Mora. Boxing promoters have no fucking shame.
Yeah, that's pretty weird. You'd figure they'd fess up to Mosley not having a chance and both fighters doing it for reasons not purely competitive.

Battersea Power Station said:
Yeah, that's pretty weird. You'd figure they'd fess up to Mosley not having a chance and both fighters doing it for reasons not purely competitive.
If you heard James Brown (no not the singer lol) prior to the weigh in he was really overselling Mosley. I don't know how many of you in here are familiar with MMA, but recently when the UFC was selling Jake Shields as a threat to Georges St. Pierre, all the selling points were based on truth, his jiu-jitsu prowess and all. They didn't mention that he looked great in his most recent fight because he didn't. They simply didn't talk about his last fight. Brown OTOH, straight up lied and said that Mosley has been looking great in his last few fights.
Dreams-Visions said:
what's that knot on top of his right hand?
his wrist bone.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Im pretty hyped for the fight tomorrow. Having a fight party at my house. I wanted to start a seperate thread for it but unfortunately my thread creating rights have been banned. Anyone want to do one?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Im actually kind of worried about pacman. I shouldnt be,, but this fight has me kind of nervous.

What if he loses. :(

parasight

Bad_Boy said:
Im actually kind of worried about pacman. I shouldnt be,, but this fight has me kind of nervous.

What if he loses. :(

We'll never hear the end of it from the Mayweather camp.

Not as hype as I usually am for this Pac fight, but I'm still recovering from the hype of last weeks UFC event.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
parasight said:
We'll never hear the end of it from the Mayweather camp.
I think thats what I'm afraid of. But whats even worse...

say pacman looses. and beats mayweather. he still lost to mosley.....fucking mosley.

see5harp

This is boxing. Anyone out there has a chance but I do think Mosley has got to land a big shot in the first 3 rounds. If it goes the distance, his face will be a bloody mess by the end. Both guys have brawler mentalities but Mosley seems to gas after about 5 rounds these days. Honestly I think this is a better fight than the odds seem to say.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
parasight said:
So I watched FightCamp 360, and probably the best part of it was seeing Mosley's SMOKING HOT girlfriend. COT DAMN SON!

Holy Sh*t your right. Just the episode and damn she is fine as hell.

see5harp

24/7 is probably the best sports documentary covering a single event. The photography, the music (loved when they used The Walkmen for the Ricky Hatton/Pac fight)...unfortunately it almost always oversells fights and so far most of the megafights with Pacquiao have been complete blowouts (even if the fights were entertaining).

Mosely will get at least a chance to throw something big early in the fight. And just like against Floyd I expect him to be unable to follow up.

Manny bounces punches in bunches off him all night and either Shanes corner/the ref stops it late or Manny carries him to a lopsided decision out of pity.

JLG-

I think this will go the full 12 Manny winning by a wide UD. Although I can see brother Nazim throwing in the towel if he starts looking like Margarito.

see5harp said:
24/7 is probably the best sports documentary covering a single event. The photography, the music (loved when they used The Walkmen for the Ricky Hatton/Pac fight)...unfortunately it almost always oversells fights and so far most of the megafights with Pacquiao have been complete blowouts (even if the fights were entertaining).
That's why I love watching Pacquiao fight. The Clottey fight notwithstanding, he's an exciting fighter no matter who he gets in there with. Yeah I know Shane doesn't stand a chance in hell, but I'll still watch it anyways. I know a while ago I called this matchup a joke and didn't want to order it, and I still do think the matchup is a joke. But hey, there's no big MMA stuff going down this weekend and the Margarito fight was really entertaining, so fuck it I'm in.

Next fight starting in a few minutes:

Jose Benavidez Jr. (10-0, 9 KO) v. James Hope (6-7-1, 4 KO)

I remember being wowed by Benavidez' last fight, this should be good.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Ikuu said:
Any idea when the main event should start, around 3 hours time?
this is what im wondering. i might get to the bar a little late.

there are 3 fights before hand right?

JLG-

I would say maybe 1 hour and a half to 2 hours till the main event.

Leaning more towards 2 hours. They usually drag it out with national anthems.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
How many prelims left? Might buy it. Am up for some boxing fun!

EDIT: meh, screw it. Only 60 bucks

Top Bottom