• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

chrono01

They accidentally released the evil gods then pulled them back. Looks like they are definitely tonight or sometime in the next couple days.
This is a massive issue for them, considering people spent a lot of their Magic Gems on summons hoping to get the new Units for themselves only to find out afterwards that they were no longer available. If Gumi made a mistake putting them up too early, they should have just left it as it is.

Thankfully I didn't know about it in time so I was safe. I feel bad for those who spent so much on the new Evil Gods only to get nothing in return [since they were quickly removed from the Summon Gate].

Gumi is going to have to come up with one hell of a compensation. ...Or they'll just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen [or give us all a Magic Gem and Metal Parade Key]. I guess we'll see later today.

Lockon

The Gods are here...3 of them at least. With increased rate and guaranteed at least 4*, you might not want to wait this one out. I know I'm not, just have to get my credit card >_<;

Kreed

The Gods are here...3 of them at least. With increased rate and guaranteed at least 4*, you might not want to wait this one out. I know I'm not, just have to get my credit card >_<;

Did two summons and got Lebra and Luther. I was trying for Uda, but since I already have Felneus I will stop with these two for now.

chrono01

I'll probably summon a few times this afternoon and see if I can get lucky.

I don't have a Felneus, but I do have a Douglas already. I was going to save my Magic Gems for the next batch of Evil Gods, since I'm F2P, but the temptation. >_<

Lockon

This is probably the luckiest I have ever been with this game summoning wise.

Did 5 pulls: Lorand 4*, Lodin 5*, Kajah 4*, Luther 4*, and Uda 5*.

Can't believe I got all 3 of them in 5 pulls. Only bad thing is Lorand since he's a dupe. Never gotten Lodin before so this is awesome with the 5*. Bring on the next 3 Gods.

I think Gumi got my money on lock down with this game ;_;

chrono01

Summoned four times, got:

Sage Bran [Oracle]
Homusabi [Guardian]
Iron Shield Darvan [Guardian]
Uda [Guardian]

And I stopped. So many Guardians. ~_~

Oh well, at least I got Uda, that's good enough for me. I have enough for two more pulls, but I want to wait and see if I can get Selha.

Noirulus

Summoned four times, got:

Sage Bran [Oracle]
Homusabi [Guardian]
Iron Shield Darvan [Guardian]
Uda [Guardian]

And I stopped. So many Guardians. ~_~

Oh well, at least I got Uda, that's good enough for me. I have enough for two more pulls, but I want to wait and see if I can get Selha.

Guardian is his second best non-Arena typing!

HomesIice

Would anyone happen to know when the rate up for Luther/Uda/Kaja finish? (just very recently got back into BF so still trying to figure everything out and it's doesn't explicitly say in the notice)

Lan_97

Finally got a Zebra(A). Not sure what I'm more happy about, actually getting the unit or moving on to other quest areas.

HomesIice

Gotta love Japanese ads.

Finally got a Zebra(A). Not sure what I'm more happy about, actually getting the unit or moving on to other quest areas.

Congrats! :D
---

Could anyone offer an opinion on which 6* is more useful between Twins and Lancia?
Don't have the party cost to have both, and I've already got a 6* Loch taking one slot :/

Kreed

Gotta love Japanese ads.

Congrats! :D
---

Could anyone offer an opinion on which 6* is more useful between Twins and Lancia?
Don't have the party cost to have both, and I've already got a 6* Loch taking one slot :/

What does the rest of your team look like?

HomesIice

What does the rest of your team look like?

Well my current one for everything (Quests/Arena/Vortex) is
6* Loch (B) - 67
5* Lancia (G) - Max
5* Elsel (A) - 36
5* Serin (A) - Max
5* Twins (L) - Max

I'm level 63, party cost of 87

Others I'm working on
5* Ophelia (L)
5* Lodin (A)
5* Magress (B)
4* Bran (A)
4* Zelban (A)
4* Luly (G)
4* Rina (A)
4* Kikuri (L)
4* Luther (A)
4* Kaja (B)
4* Lorand (B)
4* Lunaris (G)
4* Logan (L)
4* Copra (G)

Lan_97

Looks like we are getting Deemo at some point. I only just today noticed that it's a light unit, which means my XE light arena team will most likely never see the light of day.

Phades

It is probably easier to assume that we will get what JP has eventually, just with a couple exceptions here and there since that is where the primary development originates from.

Shouta

I saw the latest Brave Frontier ads when I was in Japan. Made me laugh every time. So anyway. I finally have another unit I can 6 star for my Water Team. I'm 6 staring my lightning team now and I'm working on my Light team as well.

Gonna be fun but man, it eats up a lot of Gold and energy.

lol just went from 5*lilith to lvl 100 6*. I got lucky and got a 1.5 rate on 3 light crystals.

Too bad its oracle, but oracle is still > no lilith

Kreed

Well my current one for everything (Quests/Arena/Vortex) is
6* Loch (B) - 67
5* Lancia (G) - Max
5* Elsel (A) - 36
5* Serin (A) - Max
5* Twins (L) - Max

I'm level 63, party cost of 87

Others I'm working on
5* Ophelia (L)
5* Lodin (A)
5* Magress (B)
4* Bran (A)
4* Zelban (A)
4* Luly (G)
4* Rina (A)
4* Kikuri (L)
4* Luther (A)
4* Kaja (B)
4* Lorand (B)
4* Lunaris (G)
4* Logan (L)
4* Copra (G)

I would focus on Lancia for right now since you don't have any other rare healers and she will help you on multiple teams. In addition, Elsel performs the same function as the Twins with nullifying status ailments, and is helpful for obtaining Karl because of her typing.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I thought I'd be done with this by now.. but it's still got its' hooks in me.

My main squad is what I've rolled for ever now it seems.. since I started Fire and well.. still rolling fire. Though my Water is getting closer to being all 5 and 6* soon.. and my Light is all 5 or 6* as well.. but still waiting some of the 6 stars for those guys to come out.

I only have 2 dark and 2 earth guys from pulls which sucks.. and my Lightning is still pretty shit.

Rolling:

Phoenix Reborn - (with his SBB he's actually worth keeping around.. the save on heals is awesome and now he attacks too.. and I like that his heal is over rounds as opposed to at one time.. let's me cast during a boss battle and pretty much ensure I don't have to heal)

Holy Flame Vargas

Taskmaster Lorand

Drake Angel Aisha

Sacred Flame Lava (the only guy I don't have SBB unlocked.. stuck on 8.. and grr)

All max leveled.

I finally got someone who will let me rainbow worth a shit.. but then again I'd have to really readjust my friend list to make use of it as well.. but I still can't do great against the top tier Frontier and those fucking uber Vortex dungeons.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
BTW, fuck the item management in this game though. If you are gonna make 1 gem only open up a few extra slots.. but keep introducing so many fucking items... you need to give us more slots without making us pay a fortune.. or let me have an option to NOT take things that get me over 99 of items I don't want/need at all.

It's so annoying have to go in and sell worthless items all the time because you keep hitting the cap.. and it doesn't even help to sell them all.. because you inevitable just get things back you don't want/need all the time.

5 slots for 1 gem is a ripoff... it should be AT LEAST 10 if not 20 slots per gem. I can't imagine what it'd be like for someone who hasn't bothered to increase their slots at all.. but even at 120 it's a pain in the ass to manage all the time.. and it's not fun... but buying more slots hardly even cures the issue.. you just fill them up again in no time.

Phades

BTW, fuck the item management in this game though. If you are gonna make 1 gem only open up a few extra slots.. but keep introducing so many fucking items... you need to give us more slots without making us pay a fortune.. or let me have an option to NOT take things that get me over 99 of items I don't want/need at all.

It's so annoying have to go in and sell worthless items all the time because you keep hitting the cap.. and it doesn't even help to sell them all.. because you inevitable just get things back you don't want/need all the time.

5 slots for 1 gem is a ripoff... it should be AT LEAST 10 if not 20 slots per gem. I can't imagine what it'd be like for someone who hasn't bothered to increase their slots at all.. but even at 120 it's a pain in the ass to manage all the time.. and it's not fun... but buying more slots hardly even cures the issue.. you just fill them up again in no time.
Basically don't keep anything green or blue (except blue grass) material wise. Sell off mech swords, flesh armors, etc. style orbs that are limited and do not get re-used in orbs synthesis. Actively convert items up the scale so you aren't keeping transitional items (hi cure, mega cure, divine light, revive, etc). Only keep elmental ores you will actually use to make atk/def buffs with.

Folks pretty far along the game even sell off stuff like sacred jewels because they are no longer useful to them at all, since they have x5 medulla gems, Angelic foils, etc. I could link an item guide to road map this stuff if you like, but the bottom line is unless you are crafting specific things and the item in question is farmable, there isn't much reason to hold on to it at all.

Phades

Seems like you have been on a roll lately. I pulled lillith while I was trying to get Oulu/Tesla/copra. ><;

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a long term bruiser like lillith if you don't have the right team to support her properly. ^_^;

chrono01

Seems like you have been on a roll lately. I pulled lillith while I was trying to get Oulu/Tesla/copra. ><;

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a long term bruiser like lillith if you don't have the right team to support her properly. ^_^;
If only my luck would apply to Puzzle & Dragons too. :(

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how much use Lilith will get on my team, but at the very least it'll make farming single target dungeons [such as Totem, as well as the upcoming Maxwell content] easier. She doesn't seem to be one of those "needed" Units, more of a convenience than anything else. Still nice to have her, though, but it's probably not worth sinking a lot of Magic Gems into it.

I'm mostly excited for Zelnite's upcoming batch, but I might try for a Selha as well. I guess we'll see, depending on when they're introduced.

Phades

I'm trying to bide my time, since I haven't had much luck trying to pull what I actually want with fewer than 6 pulls at a time. I really need another event to roll around soon to boost my gem total. The frogs would be a bonus on top of that.

chrono01

I'm trying to bide my time, since I haven't had much luck trying to pull what I actually want with fewer than 6 pulls at a time. I really need another event to roll around soon to boost my gem total. The frogs would be a bonus on top of that.
More Burst Frogs would be great. BB Leveling can be slow. ~_~

I'm personally saving whatever Magic Gems I have now for the Zelnite batch. I wasn't going to spend many for Lilith, considering I only have enough right now for two more Summon, so it seems I lucked out. Zelnite is what I'm focused on, so I'm hoping by the time he's introduced, I have enough for several chances [not likely, considering I'm generally F2P :/].

Phades

The summon tickets will help. They have been releasing the 5* forms at a rapid pace, but the 6* forms lag behind signifigantly, which also net a 2nd chance at the units.

By the time the 6* summon chance comes, that should leave enough of a time window to bulk up on tickets and gems for those things... Hopefully.

HomesIice

I would focus on Lancia for right now since you don't have any other rare healers and she will help you on multiple teams. In addition, Elsel performs the same function as the Twins with nullifying status ailments, and is helpful for obtaining Karl because of her typing.

So
1. Lancia
2. Elsel

---

Should I even bother trying to pull a Lilith?
With the upcoming batches (Zellha, Zelnite, Dalvanshel etc.) and my limited amount of gems I'm not quite sure

chrono01

Should I even bother trying to pull a Lilith?
With the upcoming batches (Zellha, Zelnite, Dalvanshel etc.) and my limited amount of gems I'm not quite sure
She's a great boss killer, and will help with Maxwell [as well as for farming purposes], but not exactly "needed". If you're short on Magic Gems, you might just want to save them.

That being said, it might be worth summoning once/twice to see if you can get lucky as I did, but it's up to you. I wouldn't blame you if you opted not to summon at all, although the way the game has been handing out Magic Gems lately [and with Zelnite's batch likely being a decent ways off], it might be worth it to try and see. Also, keep in mind, that when Selha's batch is announced it will be the 5* version, and the Evil Gods only truly shine when they reach 6*. That means you'll get another chance to grab her when she's re-introduced at 6*.

HomesIice

She's a great boss killer, and will help with Maxwell [as well as for farming purposes], but not exactly "needed". If you're short on Magic Gems, you might just want to save them.

That being said, it might be worth summoning once/twice to see if you can get lucky as I did, but it's up to you. I wouldn't blame you if you opted not to summon at all, although the way the game has been handing out Magic Gems lately [and with Zelnite's batch likely being a decent ways off], it might be worth it to try and see. Also, keep in mind, that when Selha's batch is announced it will be the 5* version, and the Evil Gods only truly shine when they reach 6*. That means you'll get another chance to grab her when she's re-introduced at 6*.

Wait i forgot about the 6* rate ups so I can get a second chance! Hm might do one or two then, if Dalvanshel/Zelnite are indeed a few ways off!

Phades

With the moon festival, you get a gem with the lv3 and pots can be captured on it.

The 15% + crit rate (5%) sphere appears to be craftable only once as well. The other consumable items seem rather useful too. I think it would be unwise to overlook this particular event.

HomesIice

With the moon festival, you get a gem with the lv3 and pots can be captured on it.

The 15% + crit rate (5%) sphere appears to be craftable only once as well. The other consumable items seem rather useful too. I think it would be unwise to overlook this particular event.

Of course I sell all my red pelts the day before this event :(
Apparently pots are able to be captured too!

Phades

Of course I sell all my red pelts the day before this event :(
Apparently pots are able to be captured too!

Red pelts aren't too bad. St Lamia (sacred mountain craylia) drops them and you should only need 5 iirc. Other places as well, but I don't know which spot would be the best for it. The upgraded mine spits them out occasionally as well within the town.

Getting the miracle bugs in large quantites would be more difficult by comparison. You should have no worries.

------
I've managed to cap a light pot so far and craft the sphere while completing the dailies for today, which I'm happy about. I'm just debating with myself how many of the new revive items i'll try to stockpile before the event is over though. The two healing items are rather nice too, but that revive though...

Lockon

New units are out with super rare summons (4*+), but no mention of increased rate of new units...Hmmmm...shady.

Tried 5 pulls, no new units. Only a 6* GX.

Draxal

New units are out with super rare summons (4*+), but no mention of increased rate of new units...Hmmmm...shady.

Tried 5 pulls, no new units. Only a 6* GX.

Rolled 13 times got 2 Zellha' (Selha) breaker and oracle (ugh her rec is so high anyway). Also picked up two Udas (guardian/anima).

Phades

So this is Zelha, Phee, and Nalmika, but the featured units aren't boosted?

That seems weird and unlike the previous offerings. Text error or actual intent? I've read about folks getting the newer units elsewhere, but it takes a few pulls in many instances.

Draxal

So this is Zelha, Phee, and Nalmika, but the featured units aren't boosted?

That seems weird and unlike the previous offerings. Text error or actual intent? I've read about folks getting the newer units elsewhere, but it takes a few pulls in many instances.

They've done this before when Sefia first came out. Since Zelha's insanely popular and you want more than one unlike Uda and Tesla.

edit. Oh yeah pulled a breaker Lira out of this which is also really good.

Lockon

Pulled total of 18 times...only got guardian Phee.

List:
Hades
Duel-GX 6* (only have a 5*)
Kajah
Rashil
Mega
Homusubi
Rickel (new)
Lilith
Zephyr (new)
Aisha
Ophelia (new)
Phee (new)
Grybe (new)
Lancia
Uda
Edea
Lira
Lucian (new)

Got some new units but not the one that I really want. Maybe I will pull some more if I have some spare money, or wait until 6* come out.

broz0rs

Pulled six times and stopped cause I kept getting duplicates, the mostly worthless kind.

I haven't got one new unit from the last two batches, so I'm salty as heck. I should have made a reaction video.

Top Bottom