• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

tri_willy

glitch is fixed. terminus is broken as fuck. you basically need to have grahdens and felneus as both your leaders to stand a chance in this mode

Ferga

Just wait until the first round zebra in terminus.

That terminus level was impossible for me in the japanese version.

Just wait until the first round zebra in terminus.

That terminus level was impossible for me in the japanese version.

I haven't seen that level, but if it's anything like the Zebra level of the current Terminus I'd start it the same way I do this one. With 4x Fujin potions to get the BBs up and running.

Lockon

Can't beat last stage on terminus, but at least I got over 1 mil points so that's fine with me.

Any of these 3 new summon units worth getting?

Oh boy is this Vargas Dungeon tough.

I could finish Terminus with 1.8M points, while sometimes dying early but still getting 900k+ always, but this dungeon... jeez...

Just cleared the first dungeon for Vargas with my mono water team. They kinda hurt and BB a lot each turn. Lets see how far I can go and I need to evolve Signas asap.

So people know, the second Vargas dungeon has no Fire units at all (except a Dragon Graven in a wave of 3).

Meanwhile it has a really nasty paralyzing Thunder wave.

Best not use a water party here.

Phades

I thought the higher leveled vargas dungeon simply wasn't possible unless you had water team + tesla, since Vargas hits just that hard.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I thought the higher leveled vargas dungeon simply wasn't possible unless you had water team + tesla, since Vargas hits just that hard.

I think you could always do it w/o a Tesla. You just have to spend gems.

Kreed

From what I'm reading in other communities Zebra teams are having success without using a gem. Signas also seems to be a popular lead for mono water teams without Tesla.

Phades

Zebra without the scale back change JP had seems pretty unstoppable then.

I watched a friend of mine do terminus with one yesterday and one round killed bascially everything. It would appear that the vargas dungeon is no different.

In a sense it is pretty frustrating for me, since I have none of the working pieces to make that work given my repeat pulls. It just makes my account feel obsolete in general. I'm having a really tough time scoring well enough in FH to keep up in the top 50k when I used to be sub 10k.

Edit: Tried the vargas dungeon. Definately obsolete. ><;

My Zebra team didn't win without gemming.

I don't know how any Zebra team doesn't die before getting Brave bursts on that first wave. Even a Legwand Anima Zebra only has 6k health, and even with dark ore or the like that first wave can destroy that if they want to. I suppose you could Fujin a Tesla but that only gets you one more round. If you swap out a Zebra leader for Grah your crit damage goes waaaay down.

Having said that, once I gemmed and got Brave bursts, yah. Zebra is ridiculous.

*EDIT* Oh, I forgot about the existence of Fujin Tonics. Nevermind, I can see a set up that could win.

Lan_97

Wow, lost 1.2k FH places over night. Oh well, didn't need that extra hunter rank anyways.

EDIT: On the brighter side, I managed to take down Vargas with mono-water. After failing with a subpar crit-team, it took two gems with the following:

Serin x4 (lead, ~bb5)
Elimo (sbb1)
Felneus (friend, sbb10)

Phades

No, I've been in fine. Maybe you missed a download update or will need to reinstall. It is hard to say really. The servers haven't been crap the past day or so due to the tournaments being done with, so no massive rush going on.

Phades

Anyone have any thoughts towards the impending thunder arena tournament now that we have the fire tournament behind us?

commish

I'm just going to use what Lightning I have. Currently I'm planning:

Eze leader with:
Lodin
Loch
Elsel
Behemoth?

Thankfully, Lightning doesn't really have a bunch of go-to units for arena, so I think teams will be pretty varied.

Draxal

I'm just going to use what Lightning I have. Currently I'm planning:

Eze leader with:
Lodin
Loch
Elsel
Behemoth?

Thankfully, Lightning doesn't really have a bunch of go-to units for arena, so I think teams will be pretty varied.

Rina is pretty good due to quick bb fill, but lightning doesn't generate bb enough in general.

commish

Yeah, not really any BB generation units. I'll be going for just straight up attack power with some Evil Shards.

Phades

Yeah, not really any BB generation units. I'll be going for just straight up attack power with some Evil Shards.

The ring out of the vargas dungeon should work good too.

What I'd like to run
Lodin (A) Dandelga
Eze (B) Angelic foil [leader]
Amy (A) undecided (either BB guage % stat orb/legwand/possible HP steal spear)
Amy (A) undecided (either BB guage % stat orb/legwand/possible HP steal spear)
Loch (B) Angelic foil

Amy's 9 hit count isn't great, but better than a large majority of thunder units and should help with the hit count issues, plus she could assasinate 1 person on turn 2-3 or with SBB end the match on turn 3-4. Also, she is one of the few units that could potentially absorb 2 hits from Eze/Elulu/Lodin/Loch in the same round and not die. Lodin to help get other's BB going and not sacrifice too much atk power/hp. Mostly anima to scale better with Eze's leader skill. Foils on loch/Eze for the obvious shock and awe damage potential to 2 hit characters on the first couple rounds. The other 3 characters wouldn't have a problem killing off another character on their own (especially considering most lightning units are paper thin). So, by turn 3, there should be 3 dead enemies minimum and only 1-2 casualties on my side in theory and the rest should be easy to mop up with just regular attacks, BB, or whatever.

What I'll end up running will be a loch, amy, Fennia, Elulu, and Zele or rashil depending on what evolution materials drop for me. Still haven't been able to craft the foils yet, wasn't good enough to pick up legwands and never managed to pull/catch an eze either, so I'm pretty far away from what I'd consider ideal. Of the featured units, there is only 1-2 that I'd actually want, so I'm not going to end up risking gems for this event.

Getting useful evolution materials out of this event is more than likely out of reach, since my stuff isn't maxed out in level never mind BBlv, so if I manage to score well enough for the token unit and some burst frogs I'll be happy.

Got another Thunder crystal from the honor summon. Oh yeah! Pulled a breaker Great Tree Alneu and fused my oracle Altro into it. It was only level 27 anyway.

My team is:

Rina (A)
Elsel (L)
Lodin (O)
Weiss (B)
Rashil (A)

Gonna run Muramasas on the other 4 and Royal Shield on Rashil. Hopefully level them up some more before the events start. Got no other replacement for Weiss, so he'll have to do.
Wanted Grybe, but pulled another tree.

Trying to get another thunder unit with my summon ticket and I get a breaker Leviathan. The rng has not been in my favor. Gotta get him to his 6 star asap.

Why did it have to be Thunder? I am almost ready for an Arena party of every other element, but Thunder I had nothing but 4* level 1s (other than a Rashil).

I guess we'll see what I can scrape together in time.

Trying to get another thunder unit with my summon ticket and I get a breaker Leviathan. The rng has not been in my favor. Gotta get him to his 6 star asap.

Unless you already have one you should never be disappointed with Leviathan.

Felneus is still up there with the best leaders in the game.

So awesome!

---------------------------

Thanks to your support, Brave Frontier continues to achieve more milestones! Celebrate with us & enjoy MORE gifts starting August 22, 00:00 PST until August 31, 23:59 PST!

- Daily Log-in Bonus of 1 Gem a day for 10 more days!
- 1000 Honor points giveaway!
- SUPER Fusion Success Rate Up!
- 1 Jewel Key to be given away on August 25!
- Honor Summon Rate Up!

Please check our in-game news or visit the Brave Frontier official forum for the complete details: http://goo.gl/d3uyrV
Photo: Thanks to your support, Brave Frontier continues to achieve more milestones! Celebrate with us & enjoy MORE gifts starting August 22, 00:00 PST until August 31, 23:59 PST!

- Daily Log-in Bonus of 1 Gem a day for 10 more days!
- 1000 Honor points giveaway!
- SUPER Fusion Success Rate Up!
- 1 Jewel Key to be given away on August 25!
- Honor Summon Rate Up!

Please check our in-game news or visit the Brave Frontier official forum for the complete details: http://goo.gl/d3uyrV

From the Brave Frontier Facebook page. In celebration of 10M downloads.

Phades

Why did it have to be Thunder? I am almost ready for an Arena party of every other element, but Thunder I had nothing but 4* level 1s (other than a Rashil).

I guess we'll see what I can scrape together in time.
Well, depending on how things go, the daily ranking/participation rewards (if they are the same as before) would actually be somewhat useful to you since they are mostly aimed at the 3* and 4* evolution step. Only problem would be is actually securing wins amongst a potential sea of 6* level 100 enemies. Trying to grind out idols or pots in any signifigant quantity is going to be the major pain in the ass though.

May the RNG be always in your favor. ><;

chrono01

So I pulled a few Units back to get rid of a few of my Magic Gems. I didn't know one of them that I pulled [Ice Tower Tesla] was in such demand. Not only that, but he's a Guardian too!

I'll definitely be leveling this one up immediately for future content.

Lockon

My current thunder team is:

6* Eze
6* Behemoth
6* Amy
5* Loch
5* Rashil

I don't know if I want Rashil in there. I got some other units too, but they are 4*: Emilia, Zele, Kushra, and Rina. I have 2 Rina: oracle and breaker.

Draxal

My current thunder team is:

6* Eze
6* Behemoth
6* Amy
5* Loch
5* Rashil

I don't know if I want Rashil in there. I got some other units too, but they are 4*: Emilia, Zele, Kushra, and Rina. I have 2 Rina: oracle and breaker.

Breaker Rina, I'd probably drop Amy for Rina as well.

Phades

FH rewards are available for pickup and it looks like we are probably going to get the thunder tournament later today or tomorrow, since it was posted but buggy.

Gumi needs to get a new product testing department.

Not only that, but with the issues they are having right now they decided to let everyone know they were having issues and are currently looking into it, but did so in their forums and neglected to say anything via their Facebook page.

It is a sad attempt to increase traffic to the forums and people only find this out if a mod decides to respond to their posts and provide this info.

Gumi needs to get a new product testing department.

You have to have one to need a "new" one.

Snarky I know, but I'm so sick of "competitive" events starting out with a large % of people unable to compete. Every FH, Victory Point tournament, and now Vortex Arena starts the same exact way, with numerous glitches and Unexplained errors.

Kreed

You have to have one to need a "new" one.

Snarky I know, but I'm so sick of "competitive" events starting out with a large % of people unable to compete. Every FH, Victory Point tournament, and now Vortex Arena starts the same exact way, with numerous glitches and Unexplained errors.

I've already lost this Vortex Arena before it even started at the rate these glitches are going on. The lucky people have been able to connect but I've barely done 3 matches. And who knows why Gumi decided to start the Vortex Arena in the middle of the week anyway (and when school starts in many places) other than their desire to start events when Totems/Idols/Pots are up.

Phades

Not only that, but with the issues they are having right now they decided to let everyone know they were having issues and are currently looking into it, but did so in their forums and neglected to say anything via their Facebook page.

It is a sad attempt to increase traffic to the forums and people only find this out if a mod decides to respond to their posts and provide this info.

There is a news tab in game, they should use it more often.

I've already lost this Vortex Arena before it even started at the rate these glitches are going on. The lucky people have been able to connect but I've barely done 3 matches. And who knows why Gumi decided to start the Vortex Arena in the middle of the week anyway (and when school starts in many places) other than their desire to start events when Totems/Idols/Pots are up.
Tuesday is generally the MMO patch day/night, since it gives them the bulk of the week to fix/repeal issues that occur due to changes.

----------

I keep getting a Unit(s) in deck is invalid error when using Amy, Rashil, Fennia, Loch, and Elulu. Earlier I was getting a no valid opponent(s) error.

I'd consider trying to test which unit is causing the error
nevermind, removed rashil and it let me in...
, but the server connectivity is completely crap so I dunno.

Kreed

Looks like they closed the event early so at least we can look forward to compensation gems/keys. I really don't understand why they can't get it together. Does the Japanese version have these problems (I'm assuming no)?

Elsel, Tesla, and Lira rates up.

I summoned and got a Tesla. Fantastic. With Tesla + Elimo there's very little currently known future content that can not be done.

Phades

The picture for the rare summons is not updating for me at all. It still shows the old information. I have restarted several times.

I want to pull, but I don't want to get screwed (well more than can be helped anyhow).

Phades

Finally updated for me. Didn't get Tesla with 4 pulls.

I got (A) amy, (B) lucina, (L) golem, (B) honsbusi.

Amy's a duplicate and I really didn't need another fire unit right now. Lucina is water, which I don't have much of, but I'm not sure that she will be very useful for a while. Golem felt like a nice pull, but not what I am hoping for.

Oh well, summon ticket + 15 gems down the drain. Might be able to get 3 more quests done and make another pull before the rates return to normal though and get lucky...

Lan_97

I had 8 pulls available and got tesla in 5. I started to sweat near the end.

Golem
Melchio
Lebra
Il&Mina
Tesla (4* L)

I already have Melchio and Lebra, so the other pulls are pretty much useless. At least I still have some leftover gems to pour back into unit/item space.

chrono01

Thankfully I already have a Guardian Ice Tower Tesla. I just need to evolve him to his 6* form...

I'm saving my Magic Gems for the Evil Gods. Whenever we get them. ~_~

Top Bottom