• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Well, need to get 5 gems asap for Tesla. Used my last 5 this morning going for Themis and got Elulu. Oh well. Gonna have to quest for them gems. Barely did 3 matches in the Thunder Arena. The connections were horrible. No opponents found or it crashed 80% of the time. Come on Gumi, where is our compensation?

lordcyno

Well, need to get 5 gems asap for Tesla. Used my last 5 this morning going for Themis and got Elulu. Oh well. Gonna have to quest for them gems. Barely did 3 matches in the Thunder Arena. The connections were horrible. No opponents found or it crashed 80% of the time. Come on Gumi, where is our compensation?

Compensation is out, 2 gems and a jewel key

Phades

Compensation is out, 2 gems and a jewel key

Yep, used that plus a quest gem and did another pull trying for copra/tesla/oulu.

Got a cyborg lillith. lol, rates up my butt.

With her and the other 3 holy units i pulled prior to this, I need 12 holy pots now I think, with most of them being used 2 at a time... lol FML.

draw4wild

Had enough for 3 pulls, went Anima Copra, Anima Copra, Breaker White Lebra. The 2 compensation jewels gave me another 5 and got Lord Kushra. I'll take that all day

Spend 50 gems trying to get Tesla. Now I think I might be done with this game.

1.) Lira (L) - Okay, decent start.
2.) Kushra (A) - #3...
3.) Kushra (L) - #4.....
4.) Emilia (L) - Seriously?...
5.) Golem (O) - #3.....
6.) Lemia (O) - Ughh....
7.) Behemoth (L) - What's with these old shit units?
8.) Kushra (A) - #5.......... -.-
9.) Golem (B) - #4 okay, now this is just getting out of hand.
10.) Rashill (L) - I give up at this point...

Seriously, units like Emilia shouldn't even be pullable anymore. Her stats are shit for a 6* at this point.

Then on top of that I now find out the Evil Gods come out in 3 days...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

2.) Kushra (A) - #3...
3.) Kushra (L) - #4.....
5.) Golem (O) - #3.....
6.) Lemia (O) - Ughh....

Seriously, units like Emilia shouldn't even be pullable anymore. Her stats are shit for a 6* at this point.

There really needs to be some sort of mechanism that heavily weights newer units to old and avoids duplicates. Over the last 6 months I think I've pulled 10 Lemias. That's just ridiculous and shouldn't happen. I don't care if the rule is simply, no duplicates if you make a pull within a certain period of time, e.g., 5 minutes.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

2.) Kushra (A) - #3...
3.) Kushra (L) - #4.....
5.) Golem (O) - #3.....
6.) Lemia (O) - Ughh....

What's this Evil Gods thing?

Kreed

What's this Evil Gods thing?

6 new units that will be added to the rare summon. Really good stats, with a mixture of different skills. 2 of them having SBB's that hit over 28, and 4 of them having skills that help with BC drop rate/decrease the amount of crystals needed for BB skills (ex: the light one rivaling Douglas with a 30 hit SBB and the lightning one rivaling Felneus's leader skill and BC generation BB skill).

Phades

6 new units that will be added to the rare summon. Really good stats, with a mixture of different skills. 2 of them having SBB's that hit over 28, and 4 of them having skills that help with BC drop rate/decrease the amount of crystals needed for BB skills (ex: the light one rivaling Douglas with a 30 hit SBB and the lightning one rivaling Felneus's leader skill and BC generation BB skill).

Except that their 6* form is going to be a ways off, unless they go out of order again.

Vishra's group is due for 6* next (thurs/tues I imagine). Then we should have Sodis's group, then Alyut, then Dia plus whoever else I am forgetting before the gods get their 6*. This means, if you pull them, you are likely going to be sitting on them for a good while (~1 month minimum) before they become the premier units that get referenced in this instance rivaling prior released units.

Kreed

Except that their 6* form is going to be a ways off, unless they go out of order again.

Vishra's group is due for 6* next (thurs/tues I imagine). Then we should have Sodis's group, then Alyut, then Dia plus whoever else I am forgetting before the gods get their 6*. This means, if you pull them, you are likely going to be sitting on them for a good while (~1 month minimum) before they become the premier units that get referenced in this instance rivaling prior released units.

I believe these units had their 6 stars on release in Japan, so unless Gumi/Global does something different we shouldn't have to wait for 6 stars to be unlocked.

Phades

Considering Ziz batch and mifune's group are getting the 6* treatment in addition to the sybils, if Gumi back pedaled chronologically, it could be even longer before the gods get their 6* forms.

Mifune's group being the interesting choice since Weiss atk buffs nearly as high as 6* michele as is, and further buff could have him surpass her completely in that regard.

for reference

http://appinvasion.com/threads/nico-live-august-27th-info.184712/

Got 5 gems and pulled an oracle Farlon AGAIN! Fused him into Homusubi. My other Farlon will continue to be neglected.

Pulling duplicates suck and I haven't gotten any unit with increased summon rate in the last few weeks.

blackflag

I believe these units had their 6 stars on release in Japan, so unless Gumi/Global does something different we shouldn't have to wait for 6 stars to be unlocked.

They are treating it differently. Seems like they want that double dip money from rate up at release and rate up at 6 star release. It's a shame because most of these units aren't really useable at 5 star unless you just can't afford 6 star team.

Phades

They are treating it differently. Seems like they want that double dip money from rate up at release and rate up at 6 star release. It's a shame because most of these units aren't really useable at 5 star unless you just can't afford 6 star team.

It seems to be a better strategy in general to hold off until they are featured in 6* format 3 at a time with rates up. At best, you get the unit you want. Failing that, you could get a newer 5* variant of a unit that will be meta defining down the road. Worst case, you get a repeat unit you already have trained up to max already.

blackflag

It seems to be a better strategy in general to hold off until they are featured in 6* format 3 at a time with rates up. At best, you get the unit you want. Failing that, you could get a newer 5* variant of a unit that will be meta defining down the road. Worst case, you get a repeat unit you already have trained up to max already.

Yeah for sure but it shouldn't even happen. These all should be released in 6* but whatever. Gumi is super greedy that's why I mostly play Japanese version.

Phades

Yeah, they are trying to drive up sales on the one hand. On the other hand they are creating more increased opportunities to acquire the desireable unit. Plus, they are playing catch up and this is much preferable to what was going on content wise back in December->March 2014 with a whole lot of nothing at times.

Slayven

I'm sure the Thunder will happen eventually, but who knows when lol.

I did 5 Pulls, got Tesla on my last pull. very happy with the other outcome. Also got my first Elulu. Other are dupes.
Have they ever rolled out an event and not fucked it up?

Kreed

Have they ever rolled out an event and not fucked it up?

The stuff Gumi just ports over from Japan like Frontier Hunter/Sibyl Sisters usually work outside of the content having Japanese names in the titles occasionally, aka the parts Gumi actually had to work on.

But anything Gumi makes themselves just seems to get pushed out as soon as their coders finish working on them without anyone giving it a second look.

chrono01

So I thought we were supposed to get a Magic Gem for each third day you log in for the month of August, but for the last two weeks I've been getting a Magic Gem every day.

Is that normal?

The stuff Gumi just ports over from Japan like Frontier Hunter/Sibyl Sisters usually work outside of the content having Japanese names in the titles occasionally, aka the parts Gumi actually had to work on.

This actually isn't true, every single FH has choked at first, although you wouldn't know it unless you were playing in the middle of the night US time.

Phades

Yep the event planning on that one had good intentions, but ended up having overlap creating confusion. A gem every day is better than a gem once every 3 days though.

Kreed

This actually isn't true, every single FH has choked at first, although you wouldn't know it unless you were playing in the middle of the night US time.

I was directing my comments more at bugs like the Thunder arena being up a day early, non functional, and then having fire arena information still on it. Server/connection issues are a whole different story but you're right about that as well.

chrono01

I managed to struggle my way through and obtain a Miracle Totem for the first time. Now I have all of the materials needed to evolve my Ice Tower Tesla! Well, after I get him to Level 80, which shouldn't be too bad with the increased rate of fusion and the change to Metal Parades.

Then I'll need to work on leveling his Brave Burst. That'll be fun. ~_~

I'd like another Miracle Totem for my Sefia, since she's ready to be evolved right now, but I think I might wait until my Units are a bit stronger first. 50 Energy is a lot to waste and, while I didn't need to use a Magic Gem this time, it was definitely close on a few occasions.

Phades

I was directing my comments more at bugs like the Thunder arena being up a day early, non functional, and then having fire arena information still on it. Server/connection issues are a whole different story but you're right about that as well.

The arena being up with a count down timer was supposed to serve as advanced notice. The failure to post any explanation in the news section is something else entirely. Server issues runs a parrallel with mmo games with new content dropping. Everyone cramming into it trying to see the new stuffs. Nothing new there really.

I managed to struggle my way through and obtain a Miracle Totem for the first time. Now I have all of the materials needed to evolve my Ice Tower Tesla! Well, after I get him to Level 80, which shouldn't be too bad with the increased rate of fusion and the change to Metal Parades.

I'd like another Miracle Totem for my Sefia, since she's ready to be evolved right now, but I think I might wait until my Units are a bit stronger first. 50 Energy is a lot to waste and, while I didn't need to use a Magic Gem this time, it was definitely close on a few occasions.
Once you get the miracle totem down once and use it for an evolution, it gets a lot easier from there on out. As far as the BBLv rate up stuff is concerned, I've noticed that pure support units rise a little more quickly than straight damage dealers and way way more often than healers if it is any consolation.

Draxal

The grind of leveling a sixth star + SBB leveling is the antithesis of fun, and its the main reason I don't play this game as much as I used to.

chrono01

Once you get the miracle totem down once and use it for an evolution, it gets a lot easier from there on out. As far as the BBLv rate up stuff is concerned, I've noticed that pure support units rise a little more quickly than straight damage dealers and way way more often than healers if it is any consolation.
Yeah, it seems like one of those things where, once you complete it once and power up your Units further, it gets even easier with each repeated run. I'm thankful to have it [somewhat] out of the way. When I evolve my Tesla to her 6* version, that would make subsequent runs even easier.

The grind of leveling a sixth star + SBB leveling is the antithesis of fun, and its the main reason I don't play this game as much as I used to.
Yeah, not exactly a fun time. I have 6 Burst Frogs I've been saving that I'll use once I reach around 4 SSB. I'm glad to hear, according to Phades, that Support BB's are apparently easier to level up.

Phades

Yeah, not exactly a fun time. I have 6 Burst Frogs I've been saving that I'll use once I reach around 4 SSB. I'm glad to hear, according to Phades, that Support BB's are apparently easier to level up.
It is anecdotal. I don't have something datamined to support that.

All i know for sure is, I had no issues with meltia, Weiss, Michele, and GX so far in terms of getting the BBlv to go up. Yeah, it isn't guarenteed, but it has not been anywhere remotely comparable to doing lancia or rashil for example where their BB gets stuck at 4 for no real reason for weeks and weeks until an event rolls around and issues burst frogs and I just say "screw it" and force the issue with the frogs.

chrono01

It is anecdotal. I don't have something datamined to support that.

All i know for sure is, I had no issues with meltia, Weiss, Michele, and GX so far in terms of getting the BBlv to go up. Yeah, it isn't guarenteed, but it has not been anywhere remotely comparable to doing lancia or rashil for example where their BB gets stuck at 4 for no real reason for weeks and weeks until an event rolls around and issues burst frogs and I just say "screw it" and force the issue with the frogs.
Heh, fair enough.

Well if it works out as you say, I will be happy. If not, I will not blame you.

Phades

Cool, I was just trying to make sure what I said in the right context because even though my experiences are my own, other folks may end up being more fortunate/less fortunate and not have the same experience. Perhaps it would be easier to say I was trying to foster an optimistic outlook if nothing else.

I've definately shared draxal's pain in regard to getting units up to speed and actually finished or ready for content. My butt is still dragging on getting my lightning units to where I'd be happy with them. The rashil 6* drop caught me slightly unprepared.

blackflag

They accidentally released the evil gods then pulled them back. Looks like they are definitely tonight or sometime in the next couple days.

Phades

They accidentally had an elimo/lancia/amy promotion yesterday too for a short period in time.

I think they got issues unrelated to coding specifically that they need to address in house. Those issues I suspect are largely communication related.

I like what they did with the Metal Parade this time around.
When I first started playing, they had just Metals. Then they varied into Light, Fire, Water, and so on.

And now, they split them all up into six dungeons, each with a different element.

Shouta

Thanks to all of these metal dungeons and junk, My thunder team is coming along nicely and I'm about ready to 6 star 2 more of my units in addition to the one I did yesterday.

Top Bottom