• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking Bad" - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
So how do AMC's online Breaking Bad episodes work? I just checked and it looks like only ep 202 is up?

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
demon said:
So how do AMC's online Breaking Bad episodes work? I just checked and it looks like only ep 202 is up?

I thought they would have all the episodes but apparently they don't. They stopped after S02E02.

Holy shit this is amazing. So amazing.

Besides TV writers/producers taking notes, so should writers of literature. Many novelists include symbolism in their work to give something for English professors to jerk off to. Breaking Bad includes it in a completely relevant way.

Walt reaching over the baby book for the phone to call Jesse? Sweet.

Does he even think about his baby anymore? Did he think about his family at all when accosting those drug dealers in the parking lot? No. He's a dick. And he's a dick who thinks all his intentions are good: the worst kind of dick. He's got a lot of salvation to earn, and he's not even done yet.
seat said:
I absolutely loved tonight's episode. I would even go as far to say it's one of the best the show's had to offer yet. The pacing was absolutely perfect and the script was much more subtle and complex than usual. This has been the first time where I felt the show didn't hit the audience over the head with Walt's intentions and his overall character. He's becoming conflicted and unpredictable, more human and less rational. This episode's subtlety and complexity reminded me of an episode of the Sopranos from the first or second season, and that's definitely a good thing. I look forward to seeing how this season finishes up.
Despite complaining about the show hitting the audience over the head with concepts, I think you may have missed the very subtlety and complexity you admire. There were signs that Walt was more emotionally messy (immature?) than the first episodes showed. One big one was his conversation with Gretchen. We assumed Walt got screwed over by her husband and her, but she hinted that it was his pride and stubbornness that kept him from sharing in the wealth.
Mindlog said:
So my stray question was about Skylar.

She questions her boss about the Keller account and he tells her some crap. Does she start crying because she recognizes a lie? The same type of line she's getting from Walt.
No, she just realizes that she's having a frank and real conversation with a man, and she can't do that with her husband. She has no home life.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Man, I am so fiending so bad for the new episode already. I've seen last week's episode 4 times now and rewatched the preview like 20 times. Looks like Saul is a permenent addition to the show which is awesome. Reading early descriptions of upcoming episodes it sounds like in the final episode of the season,
Sklyar finds out

daw840

AlternativeUlster said:
Man, I am so fiending so bad for the new episode already. I've seen last week's episode 4 times now and rewatched the preview like 20 times. Looks like Saul is a permenent addition to the show which is awesome. Reading early descriptions of upcoming episodes it sounds like in the final episode of the season,
Sklyar finds out

Holy shit.......that is all....holy shit....:D

Damn...How did I miss this show?! I was looking for something to watch and I believe I found it. From what I've read on this thread, this sounds great. I'm planning to check it out this weekend.

AlternativeUlster

Mattlikewhoa said:
Damn...How did I miss this show?! I was looking for something to watch and I believe I found it. From what I've read on this thread, this sounds great. I'm planning to check it out this weekend.

Yeah, it shouldn't take too long to catch up with us. There has only been 17 episodes so far. God, I am already thinking about rewatching the last episode. Damn it. At least now it is offically Sunday and new episode will be within 24 hours.

This show is too amazing for words.

As someone who wants to get into film/tv... this show just set a bar that I can't imagine passing.

crap lol

Holy shit... the desperation at the end there... how out of control Walt was... absolutely insane. This show is genius... what a great critique on our current "War on Drugs"

Fatalah

This week the show got back to its roots! What a thrill ride. Holy crap!

They REALLLLLLY need to work with Mr. Pollo. But goddamnit Jesse! You might have screwed it all up!

Skylar discussion this episode:

Could we be heading to a point where Skylar gets in serious trouble with the law as before Walt does? It will be interesting to see how far they take Skylar's involvement with the now shady accounting practices of the company she works for

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
AlternativeUlster said:
Damn, it isn't online yet. Damn it.
i think i just found it on the internet-tubes. check again.

nevermind, i just got a fake file. what's wrong with internet people?

Drahcir

Poor Jesse!
I knew that Jane was bad news! What did they shoot up? And did Jane shoot it into her foot? I don't know anything about drugs.
:lol

AlternativeUlster

Drahcir said:
Poor Jesse!
I knew that Jane was bad news! What did they shoot up? And did Jane shoot it into her foot? I don't know anything about drugs.

I remember from DARE that it has to be
black tar heroine
but I haven't seen the episode yet to confirm it.

xbhaskarx

Holy shit that episode was crazy. The last five episodes together have just been on a totally different level than everything else on television.

Skylar seems to be disillusioned with the boss guy because of his illegal accounting practices. Even though his intentions (protecting the financial well-being of his "family"! of employees) were good, I think her crush is probably over. But she isn't going to report him, and is even staying at the job.

I wonder how that will compare to her reaction if
when
she finds out about Walt...

Wow this episode was great! The last 5 minutes were pretty intense. Also I really liked the scene with Jesse floating up to the ceiling. The look on his face was classic.

CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!

Ashhong

spent a good part of my day watching season 1 and the beginning of season 2, and its so good. i absolutely love the scene where he throws the mercury on the ground in duco's office, so awesome. i yelled out "badass!". hope to catch up soon here

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
mattiewheels said:
i think i just found it on the internet-tubes. check again.

nevermind, i just got a fake file. what's wrong with internet people?
The Internet is failing this show hard.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
XMonkey said:
The Internet is failing this show hard.
my sense of entitlement is bristling baaad at this. It's fuckin monday damnit where's my SHOW

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
AlternativeUlster said:
Damn it! I just deleted it while stopping because the demon of a site took it down so I assumed it was fake. Ahhhhh!!

Don't waste your time. Sorry.

Drahcir said:
Poor Jesse!

Jesse is an asshole. He could've stopped her. I'm really starting to dislike him.

Oh and :lol :lol at the scene where
he's floating

Fatalah

I'm really pissed at Jesse's girlfriend. I have a feeling that this opportunity with Mr. Pollo is not going to work out, and we'll never see him again.

Meanwhile, he's EXACTLY what Walt and Jesse need to sell their product. He's professional, he's not a cracked lunatic with a gun. They would have been ROLLING in the money with this guy. Never worrying about getting killed by competing dealers or mugged by addict buyers. This would have been IT for them!

They screwed the pooch, and Walt is going to be SOOO pissed at Jesse next week.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I don't think last nights episode was as good as the several that preceded it - but still, a so-so episode of Breaking Bad is better than a great episode of any other show.

daw840

Another quality episode. I wonder if
Jesse is going to wake up and find the door broken down and the meth gone. Then think he got jacked and freak out!

Fatalah said:
I'm really pissed at Jesse's girlfriend. I have a feeling that this opportunity with Mr. Pollo is not going to work out, and we'll never see him again.

Meanwhile, he's EXACTLY what Walt and Jesse need to sell their product. He's professional, he's not a cracked lunatic with a gun. They would have been ROLLING in the money with this guy. Never worrying about getting killed by competing dealers or mugged by addict buyers. This would have been IT for them!

They screwed the pooch, and Walt is going to be SOOO pissed at Jesse next week.

How do we know that Walt didn't make it to the drop in time? He seemed to get the stuff in time...

Maverick

Best show on tv. Maybe my favorite show ever.

Last night's episode was heartbreaking, awesome, creative, intense, everything.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Did anyone else notice that Walt missed a bag?

I swear he left one on the kitchen floor - doubt it'll matter much. But still

Fucking brilliant.

I'm sad that we only have two more episodes left this season. Walt's
frantic rummaging through Jesse's kitchen (after busting down his door) is something I'll never forget.
Amazing performances by the rest of the cast as well.

Jesse and Jane:
a modern day Sid and Nancy in the making?

KingGondo

Banned
When "Executive Producer: Vince Gilligan" popped up on the screen, I literally said, "God dammit!" What a fucking cliffhanger!

What great tension, I loved the Saul stuff this episode, the Los Pollos segments were great... Just everything was awesome. I aspire to be "Mr. Pollo" someday. :lol

I also like how Jesse and Walt are constantly switching places in terms of likability. Jesse was awesome for a while, but he's screwing the pooch on the biggest deal they've ever done.

And damn is Jesse's girlfriend hot as hell, even if she is on five different drugs.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Does Walt make it in time for next week's episode?
Seems Walt is mad because he missed his wife's birth of their new child & blames Jess for it & because of that he is not splitting the money with him.
Wasn't that's why Jessie has his girlfriend threatening to blackmail Walt in the preview clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom