• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking Bad" - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordzilla

I don't understand why you guys are saying Walt is turning so dark. Yea he had the conflict with Gretchen, but it's not like there was no motive behind it. As for the lying to Skyler, he's kind of fucked if he doesn't preserve his secret.

I know this is old hat, but...

re: Skylar smoking.

Didn't she also drink at the party where Walt's old colleague offered to pay for his care? Initially before they left, I thought Walt went apeshit at her having a drink in her hand while preggo...then it came back to Walt hating to ask for help.

It also points to a criminally dark side - maybe Skylar's old habits had some kind of an effect on Walt Jr.'s health.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Fordzilla said:
I don't understand why you guys are saying Walt is turning so dark. Yea he had the conflict with Gretchen, but it's not like there was no motive behind it. As for the lying to Skyler, he's kind of fucked if he doesn't preserve his secret.

His lie is starting to show more and more wear per episode even though he was so easy to spin the thing with Gretchen. He is growing more cold hearted, demanding Jesse to kill the meth heads last episode, demanding things to be done his way even though he doesn't have an idea how to properly do it, being cold to Gretchen, the conversation about what him and his son is going to do to the person who made that sign even though Walt sounded more sinister about it, the fact that Walt killed a man last season doesn't really haunt him and he is more concerned about covering his lie. I am sure there are some more hints of his turn to what I think might be the season ender which could be Walt killing Hank.

harSon

Banned
I sort of can't blame Walk if they in fact took advantage of his hard work, I always wondered why Walt refused to accept their charity and this sort of answers it. The entire Crackhouse scene with the kid was brutal :(

Good episode. Walt's continuing down a dark path, and I'm not sure where he goes from here. The crack house stuff was harrowing.

Ventrue

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Good episode.

Did I misread the situation, or did it seem like the vice-principal wants to get it on with Walt?

I was confused about that at first but the next scene makes it clear that it's building up to the students being assholes to Walt (with the missing poster).

-

Holy crap Jesse's scenes were gripping. The atmosphere was so perfect, you kinda knew everything going through Jesse's head. Peek a boo. :(

Walt is becoming really sinister as well, but in a very believable way. A lot of it stems from his pride or his stubbornness as well as his secrecy, so he's not just suddenly filling with 'the evil.' As someone else mentioned the conversation between Walt and Jr. with the little revenge fantasy was nice given that Walt just last episode ordered Jesse to kill someone who crossed them.

I love how Hank, Jesse and Skylar have seen some major fleshing out this season. Jesse is such an empathetic character right now just as Walt is becoming increasingly less so. I know we say this about everyone on this show but the actor who plays Jesse does his part so well. It's just the right mix of tough and pathetic.

EDIT: Huh, did anyone know that the actor who plays Walter Jr. actually has Cerebral Palsy?

BigAT

Am I the only one who thought the meth head's child was a dead ringer for a mini Rorschach?

wuoy2a.jpg

Ventrue said:
EDIT: Huh, did anyone know that the actor who plays Walter Jr. actually has Cerebral Palsy?

I always wondered if this was the case. He always seemed to be just slightly off physically to the point that it might not be acting. Apparently his condition isn't nearly as bad as Walt Jr.'s though. IMDB:

"In 2006 RJ Mitte was cast as Walt White Jr., a series regular, and character with Cerebral Palsy on AMC Network's Breaking Bad. And though Mitte has a mild case of cp, he had to do what all actors do, research the character, and even relearn many of the challenges he had endured as a child in order to convey a more pronounced version of cp."

KdoubleA

Cornballer said:

That was a great read.

Although, one thing the writer mentions which kinda felt like a jump to conclusions to me (or a more quick to judge thing):

"The Walt who took Gretchen to dinner, then unloaded on her about decades' worth of resentment, is terrifying, because, despite what Gretchen thought, this is him. This has always been him. He has a history of walking away from situations because of some slight -- real or perceived -- and then making himself into the victim, and nobody close to him has any idea just how much anger he's holding in, and how he's letting that anger guide his every decision. "

What "history"? For all we know, it's only this Gretchen situation. Unless I forgot something that happened before, has there been any other situations we've seen, heard, or was implied where Walt acted like that before?

AlternativeUlster

KdoubleA said:
That was a great read.

Although, one thing the writer mentions which kinda felt like a jump to conclusions to me (or a more quick to judge thing):

"The Walt who took Gretchen to dinner, then unloaded on her about decades' worth of resentment, is terrifying, because, despite what Gretchen thought, this is him. This has always been him. He has a history of walking away from situations because of some slight -- real or perceived -- and then making himself into the victim, and nobody close to him has any idea just how much anger he's holding in, and how he's letting that anger guide his every decision. "

What "history"? For all we know, it's only this Gretchen situation. Unless I forgot something that happened before, has there been any other situations we've seen, heard, or was implied where Walt acted like that before?

I don't know about you but if I was a guy who helped create a company that made millions, got shit from it, and had to become a chemistry teacher and car wash worker on the side to make the mortage and later had to make meth to survive, I would be pretty pissed about the situation

Just fucking brilliant again. Breaking Bad continues to be the best thing currently airing on television.

Is it next Sunday yet?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Preview spoiler:

It figures that Walt wants to branch out just as Hank gets a promotion that keeps him at arms length.

Ventrue

daw840 said:
Good write-up. I do have to say I laughed out loud when Jesse was pissed that the crystal heads stole the ATM from his bank.:lol

I had forgotten about that one, it killed me though. :lol

It's FDIC insured!

Drahcir

I loved the scene in the beginning when Jesse is preparing what to say when he gets into the house, then the mail woman arrives and that whole little scene that plays out with her saying, "You have a nice day!" and Jesse says, "Right on! You too!" just had me bust out laughing, especially when his day becomes anything but nice. :lol

AlternativeUlster said:
I don't know about you but if I was a guy who helped create a company that made millions, got shit from it, and had to become a chemistry teacher and car wash worker on the side to make the mortage and later had to make meth to survive, I would be pretty pissed about the situation

Yeah, I don't think anything this episode eluded to Walt's darker side; we don't even know why it was he left Gretchen. Who says she's not painting herself as the victim? Because stealing credit for somebody else's work is what that person would do. It's hard to believe a good person, no matter how heartbroken they were would of done that. I think Walt ordering Jessie to kill somebody was far more sinister.

dekor MT

Banned
Skyler is an annoying bitch.. i really cant stand her.. shes almost unrealistic..

plus she reminds me of a girl i used to know... so..

AlternativeUlster

Spirit of Jazz said:
Yeah, I don't think anything this episode eluded to Walt's darker side; we don't even know why it was he left Gretchen. Who says she's not painting herself as the victim? Because stealing credit for somebody else's work is what that person would do. It's hard to believe a good person, no matter how heartbroken they were would of done that. I think Walt ordering Jessie to kill somebody was far more sinister.

I didn't say what Walt did this episode was more evil than what he did last episode but he is continuing on a decline which not only I but quite other posters and critics have said.

Javaman

Drahcir said:
I loved the scene in the beginning when Jesse is preparing what to say when he gets into the house, then the mail woman arrives and that whole little scene that plays out with her saying, "You have a nice day!" and Jesse says, "Right on! You too!" just had me bust out laughing, especially when his day becomes anything but nice. :lol

That reminds me. He is so fucked when the police search that house and the mailwoman sees it on the news. Two deaths he can be indirectly linked too.

AlternativeUlster

Javaman said:
That reminds me. He is so fucked when the police search that house and the mailwoman sees it on the news. Two deaths he can be indirectly linked too.

I am not sure which direction they go with this. I hope they don't go that way truthfully.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Javaman said:

The lady-fiend didn't die, I thought. So the dude's death will be pinned on her (and rightfully so).

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Tyrone Slothrop said:
how did that dude die? it was so dark i couldn't tell, dunno if that was because of my TV's contrast or whatever...

He was trying to drill through the bottom of the ATM when his meth-head woman pushed the machine onto him, crushing his skull.

dekor MT said:
Skyler is an annoying bitch.. i really cant stand her.. shes almost unrealistic..

plus she reminds me of a girl i used to know... so..
Dude, you have no idea how heart breaking it is for her. She's on the verge of breaking down and bawling every second she's with Walt. And when women are on that edge, the only way they can stop it is with bitchiness.

By the way, don't rush into getting married. ):
duderon said:
The lady-fiend didn't die, I thought. So the dude's death will be pinned on her (and rightfully so).
The second death is the dude at the convenience store.
Javaman said:
Why would he be suspected personally? The mail woman just saw some white boy.

Do ATMs know the serial numbers of the bills they hold? No, right?

B.K.

I noticed that Jesse forgot to wipe his fingerprints off the tv. I wonder if the police will find them there.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Amazing, brilliant, uncompromisingly incredible. I don't even know if that's a word. Breaking Bad remains, as another poster said, the best show on TV.

I read someones spoilers about "Walt becoming more like Tuco" and I was truly afraid to watch, because that is simply not the actual path I want him to go, but I should have known better.

I personally think that Skylar
saw the money box and gun and is just wanting to get Walt to confide in her. You don't have a baby room and be a woman and not notice things amiss like they were, especially when your loved one is missing and you want to do housework to become preoccupied
. I think she knows more than is being let on, almost assuredly.

Even when she "believed Walt's explaination" it seemed as if she was pretending, similarily as to how Walt's explinations don't sound very convincing to anyone. She even said "
They're broke? But she's still driving a Bently
..." As if to let Walt on to know that she wasn't quite convinced.

Ventrue

joshcryer said:
As if to let Walt on to know that she wasn't quite convinced.

I'm not sure I agree with your theory that she found anything, but it did seem to me that she went from believing Walt to not believing Walt after she remembered the Bentley; she looked unconvinced with his explanation about keeping up appearances.

B.K. said:
I noticed that Jesse forgot to wipe his fingerprints off the tv. I wonder if the police will find them there.

I doubt they have any reason to perform any kinds of forensics on that house; aside from being a shit dump. That woman is probably fucked up to the point where she'll gladly admit to doing everything, and if she were to try to blame Jesse I doubt the cops would exert any effort in searching for "Diesel." We'll see if anything comes of this situation, but I doubt it.

Did Jesse grab all of the cash out of the safe? I saw him going for the containers on the top, but I didn't notice if he picked up all the cash off the ground since he didn't seem too have a lot of money packed into his jacket later.

New episode tonight.
TV.com said:
Negro Y Azul

Rumors fly about Jesse's recent actions as he and Walt discuss expanding their business into new territories. Hank struggles to fit in with his new co-workers in El Paso. Skyler pursues a new job opportunity that reconnects her with a former colleague. Jesse gets to know his landlord, Jane.

AlternativeUlster

This episode sounds like there isn't going to much nail biting stuff but we will see. Last week was so exciting because I was able to watch the episode as it aired but sadly, I will have to torrent this one like all the others now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom