• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking Bad" - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Bob Odenkirk is the fucking man. They couldn't have cast anyone better for that role.

My prediction for the next few episodes:
Saul helps Walt & Jesse make WAY more money than they ever have, and then wants a bigger slice for himself. Walt and Jesse are then forced to "deal" with Saul. Plus, I bet Jesse's girlfriend will get hooked on his meth, bringing their relationship (and Jesse's conscience) into crisis.

Great twist, the attorney angle is a great way to keep the show plausibly going.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
KingGondo said:
Great twist, the attorney angle is a great way to keep the show plausibly going.

I agree. I couldn't see how Walt was going to make it off the street corners without using a guy like Tuco again. The lawyer is a great idea, lots of connections (he mentions some guy when they take him out to the desert so it's obvious he has some existing dealings).

dead souls said:
True. Bob Odenkirk was great. That sleazy-lawyer hair he was rocking was amazing.

lol yeah. The terrible flop sweat and the fact he looks like he lives out of his car. :lol

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So much happens in an episode like last nights - yet you still want more.

Breaking Bad is definitely the best show on TV right now, I can't wait to see where this whole lawyer angle goes.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i'll say what everybody said,

bob odenkirk was so damn perfect, SO perfect in this. he's sorta like a believable, real life version of lionel hutz, or a lawyer in a grand theft auto game. :lol he's got a really dark side too, which is great. guess he'll tie up the 'how will they stay hidden' plot hole.

and i'm glad jesse's tv works now.

Vlad

KingGondo said:
Bob Odenkirk is the fucking man. They couldn't have cast anyone better for that role.

My prediction for the next few episodes:
Saul helps Walt & Jesse make WAY more money than they ever have, and then wants a bigger slice for himself. Walt and Jesse are then forced to "deal" with Saul. Plus, I bet Jesse's girlfriend will get hooked on his meth, bringing their relationship (and Jesse's conscience) into crisis.

Interesting speculation about Jane. My first guess was that they were setting it up so that
she'd be a casualty due to the foreshadowed cartel involvement. However, I like your idea much better.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Oh shit, xbhaskarx, that opens open so many possibilites now that I think about it.

Speculation,
Saul helps them become more discreet, avoid getting caught, and all that, but it comes to a head and they use the lessons he taught them to... get rid of Saul. Scapegoat? "Mexican drug cartel did it."

Ventrue

Both arrests in this episode were hilarious. They pulled off the "Oh, so you want me to NOT to do this? This thing I'm doing right now?" gag with Walt and Hank pretty well.

Saul is a really great addition as well. And frankly the scene out in the desert was pretty menacing at first.

Fatalah said:
I wonder if Hank really believes they caught Heisenberg--- his face looked unsatisfied at the end of the episode.
He didn't buy it at all. We might be moving on to "all of the other DEA agents think Hank is crazy because he thinks Heisenberg is still at large" next week.

Eh, it seems unlikely that Jimmy In-and-Out would have such a rep without the cops knowing about it.

Great episode, though.

There's no way Saul can last till next season. He's too much of a loose end.

daw840

Man, I don't think I have ever loved a show so much that reading reviews of episodes is completely engaging. Man.

Finally, I can post in here and say that this is easily the best show on television right now. Every episode has been fucking brilliant, I don't know how they've done it. I only wish I got AMC HD on DirecTV.

Cornballer said:
Seriously. It's annoying watching this in letterboxed SD. DirecTV needs to sort that out.
I don't know what cable provider DOES get AMC HD. I saw people on AV Club complaining about Dish Network not getting it, and I was looking at the Verizon FiOS lineup in my area the other day and it wasn't on there either. What the hell is up with that? This will only be more unbearable if it isn't sorted out by the time Mad Men Season 3 starts. Going from Blu-ray to letterboxed SD will be torture.

I think Comcast might get it. Mad Men is killing me, since I'm running through S2 right now on my DVR. Both shows are shot really well, too.

everytime i think this show is going to hit a lull it kicks me in the balls again and again.

best show on television. can't wait to get this on DVD so the picture can look decent. like most people i dont get AMC HD. but i could have SWORN when i had charter last year i was able to watch the repeats from on-demand in HD. can't remember though

Blader

CajoleJuice said:
I don't know what cable provider DOES get AMC HD.

Cornballer said:
I think Comcast might get it.

I have Comcast and I get AMC HD.

Just caught up with the last episode, this show is so fucking good. Lost may be my favorite show on TV but I think Breaking Bad is the best (if that makes sense). The only actor I liked in s1 was Cranston, but this season the entire cast (and the new additions) have all really stepped up. Can't wait to see where this is all going to lead to.

New episode tonight.
TV.com said:
4 Days Out
Season 2, Episode 9 – Aired: 5/3/2009

Walt interrupts Jesse's weekend plans to inform his partner they'll have to cook for four days straight, or risk losing their batch of methylamine.

Blader5489 said:
I have Comcast and I get AMC HD.
Bastid! *shakes fist*

Costanza

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
I don't know what cable provider DOES get AMC HD. I saw people on AV Club complaining about Dish Network not getting it, and I was looking at the Verizon FiOS lineup in my area the other day and it wasn't on there either. What the hell is up with that? This will only be more unbearable if it isn't sorted out by the time Mad Men Season 3 starts. Going from Blu-ray to letterboxed SD will be torture.
Time Warner/Bright House puts Mad Men up on HD Showcase On Demand for free the day after it airs. I reeeeally wish they'd do it with Breaking Bad too :(

seat

I know you guys have loved this season so far, but I was starting to think the show was starting to get a bit stale... that is, until Odenkirk showed up! I think he's a perfect addition to the show. He's just what's needed to keep the show fresh. Last week's episode was great because of him.

FairyD

I wonder where they are going to lead with the whole remission thing. Will he try to pull out of the whole thing and then be forced to go back in?

BigAT

Some of you actually have to watch this in standard def? That's a damn shame. Thank god Cablevision has AMCHD.

Fatalah

Walt hitting the paper towel dispenser.

Was the remission news bittersweet to him?
Walt focused on his reflection and began to pound his fist on the paper towel dispenser. Was Walt upset that he turned himself into a monster, for no reason?

Or did the downtrodden man pound the dispenser in a celebratory fashion? One very important win for a man that has had few victories in life.

If you remember Walt in season 1, he let Hank practically walk all over him. In the previews
we see Walt lash out at Hank for butting into a father/son moment.
I think Walt is going to enjoy his new lease on life, and take his newfound self-empowerment to the next level.

Good episode tonight. Didn't have to utter insanity of a few recent ones, but the focus on Walt and Jesse was cool. 4 episodes left this season.

Jesse's girl was lookin' good at the beginning of the episode.

Valkyr Junkie said:
"A robot?" :lol
:lol

AlkalineSolo

Neo Member
wow i really loved this episode. The focus on Walt and Jesse was much needed, and helped build both the characters.

The final scene still has me thinking. And definitely left me speechless.

Drahcir

AlkalineSolo said:
wow i really loved this episode. The focus on Walt and Jesse was much needed, and helped build both the characters.

The final scene still has me thinking. And definitely left me speechless.

I was wondering where this episode was going until that awesome payoff at the end when Walt hits the towel dispenser. That scene alone made the episode what it was. The culmination of all that hard labor that took up the entire episode (the whole week in the show's timeline) in which their lives were in danger as well, knowing he was doing this for his family when he dies, then only to find out that his cancer was in remission and decreased miraculously drove Walt to lash out at all he's been through up to now. Perhaps Walt felt as if he was going through all this trouble almost for nothing?

This might be an interesting turning point.

Meliorism

neight said:
yea where the fuck is this show online dammit.

I'm really, really wanting to watch this before I do a late night paper for my final. Library's open 24 hours, and I'm gonna be up there for a bit. I just wanna watch Breaking Bad.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom