• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking Bad" - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Unfuckingcrediblizing. Mind blown. How can they keep the consistancy up? It's impossible!!!! AHH, everything I wanted.

Walt
not wanting Jesse to actually kill anyone after giving it further thought, then telling Jesse he is a blowfish, great scene. I'm glad Walt isn't totally stupidenously stupid. BTw was that a map of Vice City?

Jesse
not only seemingly "getting the girl" but also getting the respect he deserves. The scenes with Walt were all spectacular, Walt doesn't respect him / treats him like dirt, so they have an incredibly brilliant balance here, incredibly.
How is this possible? What do the writers do? Take meth themselves?

Hank
seeing more horrorific shit, guys head on a turtle = classic. The explosion seriously caught me the fuck off guard.

Just. Greatness. Fuck. All shows should be this good. Why can't they be.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Straightballin said:
So whats going on with the preview to next weeks episode? It looks as if Hank finds out what Walt is up to.

Probably just misleading on purpose, it would be WAY too soon for that to happen.

Ventrue

The turtle thing was a bit too much for me honestly. :lol I mean it didn't wreck the episode but the whole scene came off funnier than I think it was supposed to. The song at the start was weird too.

Some nice things going on anyway. The blowfish stuff, the flatscreen, Walt changing his mind and the reputation stuff was really cool. Also laughed a lot at Badger's phone call. "We got your pants... 32 Large."

Still awesome as always, not as intense as the last few episodes but that's probably for the best.

One thing I don't like is that the loose ends are coming in quickly now. The girl knows something's up with Jesse, she's seen Walt's face, plenty of people on the street seem to know Jesse's face AND name, Jesse's underlings can identify Walt, etc., etc.

There're too many things to lead back to Walt and there are too many meth-heads probably willing to do it.

Fatalah

Battersea Power Station said:
One thing I don't like is that the loose ends are coming in quickly now. The girl knows something's up with Jesse, she's seen Walt's face, plenty of people on the street seem to know Jesse's face AND name, Jesse's underlings can identify Walt, etc., etc.

There're too many things to lead back to Walt and there are too many meth-heads probably willing to do it.

I'm scared for Jesse and Hal too. Damnit, I keep calling Walt by the wrong name! I mean, this "exponential growth" plan of theirs is bound to blow up in their face--- every plan that stretches Jesse & Walt outside their means ends up bad. By the way, did you guys note how the "blowfish" scene ended? With Walt coughing up a lung, and Jesse earnestly puffing his pipe. They are both blowfish.

Anyway, I don't like the idea of Jesse's friends' having their own minions. Especially the big dumb friend. Jesse didn't even call that guy to the secret meeting when he originally assembled his team of dealers.

That guy is totally going to screw everything up.

Battersea Power Station said:

Yeah, the random biker on the street recognizing Jesse was a bit much. Serves to move the story line between Jesse and the chick, but it came across a little corny.

Javaman

Spectral Glider said:
Yeah, the random biker on the street recognizing Jesse was a bit much. Serves to move the story line between Jesse and the chick, but it came across a little corny.

I bet she knows about the death too. If it's all over the street, how would she not hear about it while working at a tattoo shop? :lol

KingGondo

Banned
The turtle scene was simultaneously shocking and morbidly humorous... loved it. Those jackass DEA agents talking shit about Hank, then they get f***ed up by the explosion--karma's a bitch.

One of the best things about this show is the malleability of the characters. Walt started out as being kinda pathetic, but highly sympathetic. Now he's ruthless, sadistic, bitter, and selfish. "Don't bullshit a bullshitter." :lol

Add to that the fact that Hank started out as my least favorite character, and is probably my favorite now. The character arcs have clearly been thoroughly thought-out.

It's still hard to watch Jesse fuck his life up, but at least he'll get some from his landlord before the next fucked-up thing happens. I hope she gives him a blow
fish tattoo
. And I'm hoping for some highly ironic "Only Wanna Be With You" before the season's out. :D

Another pretty much flawless episode. It's amazing how consistently great this show is. So much new stuff happens every week, yet it all feels so organic.

Plus the turtle scene is something I'll never forget.

Kudos to KingGondo on the blow
fish
joke.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok this show is amazing now.
The turtle scene gave me a fucking heart attack.

Finally something interesting is going on with Skyler.

More of the really hot manager girl.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I totally thought that Danny Trejo was going to be in future episodes as their informant where eventually Walt and Jesse are going to be found out but it instead showed that Walt and Jesse are perhaps way over thier heads. It would be sort of awesome if Breaking Bad was going to show how Walt and Jesse became meth kingpins.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I'm sure the turtle scene will go down as one of the most recognizable moments of this show. I was chuckling to myself when the turtle was walking, then I was instantaneously put in my place. Amazing.

Man, the turtle scene was crazy. Too bad Danny Trejo only got one scene on the show. Well, two if you include just his head.

- Alan Sepinwall's writeup on this week
As some commenters have been joking for the last few weeks, these guys desperately need to rent the complete "The Wire" on DVD, learn some lessons about security, counter-surveillance, plausible deniability, etc.
:lol

- "How did a scary Mexican gangsta-rap group end up on one of TV's hottest shows?" from EW.com
- LA Times writeup
- More on the music from the LA Times

Edit:
- Tim Goodman's recap is a good read as always.

Mindlog

duderon said:
I'm sure the turtle scene will go down as one of the most recognizable moments of this show. I was chuckling to myself when the turtle was walking, then I was instantaneously put in my place. Amazing.

Yeah I really enjoyed that. I also enjoyed the opening musical number. The pseudo-opening sequences have been a nice touch imo. They don't even have to be real foreshadowing... perhaps only possibilities.

As always, looking forward to the next episode.

I'm a mean blowfish.

Thanks for the articles, I'm going to be youtubing and pandoraing™ narcocorridos music for a while :lol
The commentary on these things is a site to behold! Also that article was a nice pseudo-confirmation that perhaps the intros aren't complete foreshadowing. Walt was shown the way he was because the format demanded it.

KingGondo

Banned
catfish said:
who is that?

Mr. Show with Bob (Odenkirk) and David (Cross)
mr-show-season-4-pochette-avant.jpg

gdt

Great episode. I say/think this every week.

-The manager girl is soooo hot. There's just something about her.

-I can see Skylar cheating on Walt. I would like that storyline.

Poor turtle!!! :(

I think Hank letting on more than the DEA agents know. I have a pretty good feeling that he can speak and hear spanish that agents making fun of him.

I guess he probably trying to find out who the bad guys among the DEA group and sort out who's on the right side of the equation he can trust.

xbhaskarx

Jade Knight 08 said:
I think Hank letting on more than the DEA agents know. I have a pretty good feeling that he can speak and hear spanish that agents making fun of him.

I guess he probably trying to find out who the bad guys among the DEA group and sort out who's on the right side of the equation he can trust.

:lol What?

Just caught up the last 3. Holy crap those eps were brilliant.

I can't believe how moronic Walt is being with his blatant lies. Skylar can read him so well, so i've been simultaneously laughing and cringing at all their scenes. I feel like i've shouted "OMG you fucking idiot Walt!" to the screen about a thousand times. His transformation is scary, and im loving it. He really is becoming a monster.

The entire episode with Jesse in the meth addicts house creeped me the fuck out.

I knew i recognised Jesse's neighbour/love interest somewhere. Veronica Mars! She was a total oddball in that, and she looks a million times more attractive in this.

Total WTF at the exploding turtle. :lol

Snowball

Banned
Great, great opening song.
Negro Y Azul

Are these guys famous?
The song says "the city is called Duke". What is the city they're talkin about?
The serie is set in Albuquerque (NM) and Hank is in El Paso in this episode...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I just wanted to say that this an amazing show, one of the best i have seen. I decided to check out the pilot on a whim and i am so glad i did, i am addicted :D

FairyD

I really liked the opening. DJ Qualls really rocked. The one thing I really liked about the opening was the cars zooming by blasting the music. Made the whole scene seem very real in a documentary sort of way.

Fatalah

Some thoughts:

• I'm really cautious about Saul because he's the first person to really know Walt's real identity outside of Jesse.
  • "Saul Goodman" = "T'sall good, man!"
  • The $80k to save Badger really set Walt back from his goal.
  • I wonder if Hank really believes they caught Heisenberg--- his face looked unsatisfied at the end of the episode.

neight

Banned
The intro was funny even though I knew what they were setting up for.

Really excited to see Saul become a regular character.

Really enjoyed this episode and it made my like last weeks quite a bit more. Was really worried about Walts sudden, desperate urge for expansion, it seemed very out of character for him to do something so risky. However now that Saul's there to mediate and advise on growth things could start getting really interesting and it sounds like something Walt would be willing to do given his rational.

daw840

I really liked this episode, kidnapping the lawyer was pure gold. Jesse not wanting to take off his mask. LOL.

How much longer does the season have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom