• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Where do you live: Milton Keynes
Where are you from: "
University: Kent
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): United (if they are winning)
Current political party of choice: N/A
Favourite (current) UK TV show: QI
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Dexter
CBBC or CITV: N/A

Hello Britgaf

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Britgaf, i have written an awful comedy tv show which im thinking of sending into the BBC writers room programme. Anyone done this before? Im not expecting any return, but its one of those "id love to cross of my list" things.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Fuck yeah new thread! Unce unce unce unce...

Where do you live: Aldershout, Hants/Surrey
Where are you from: Samesies
University: Erm...
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Batman
Current political party of choice: Batman
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad
CBBC or CITV: CBBC, although CITV had BATMAN. CBBC had Grange Hill. Both later replaced by Nickelodeon because not only did it have better cartoons but also had a very young and hot Sara Kaywood back in the day.

Oh awesome, I didn't even see BGBW's list till after I posted my answers. Batman brofist!

leadbelly

Banned
Britgaf, i have written an awful comedy tv show which im thinking of sending into the BBC writers room programme. Anyone done this before? Im not expecting any return, but its one of those "id love to cross of my list" things.

You know this is something I have thought about too. I think I could write something funny enough.

Musha: Watch this. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyrI9bib_E

And, I quite like it. Obviously they have written better songs in their heyday, but I wouldn't exactly call it a bad song.

Haha, brilliant.

Of course it's all in context. You wouldn't say cunt on morning tv either.

But we freely band it about in here, and non of us take offence. Or if we do, we keep shtum about it least we get taken the piss out of. If an American came in here and said wanker, I doubt any of us would take offence to that either. Yet they seem to take more offence of the word. That's all I was trying to say.

I can't think of any words that Americans, or any other nationality for that matter, use that would cause such massive offence to us that cunt does to them.

Mr Cola

You know this is something I have thought about too. I think I could write something funny enough.

I think if i made this a criteria id never send it in, im proud of it but im not sure whether thats because i actually did it or if its any good, i lean to the former given im not actually very funny.

Im trying to get on a bucket list kick atm

Mr Cola

leadbelly

Banned
I think if i made this a criteria id never send it in, im proud of it but im not sure whether thats because i actually did it or if its any good, i lean to the former given im not actually very funny.

Im trying to get on a bucket list kick atm

Well, I quite like the theme of mental illness. Quite dark I know, but...

I'll give you an example actually.

This is something I did a few years ago just messing around. I just felt like trying it out really. It isn't anything special, I could certainly improve on it, but it made me realise I could quite easily write a script. Whether it is worthy of being accepted is another thing though.
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/2839491/the-barbarian-king

This is another thing I did.
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/388211/android-conversation

The problem with this site though is it's very limited in what you can do.

stuiggs07

Neo Member
Where do you live: Wirral
Where are you from: Wirral
University: University of Liverpool
Sports of choice: Football (Liverpool) / NFL (Falcons) / F1 / Cricket
Current political party of choice: Labour
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Red Dwarf
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Walking Dead
CBBC or CITV: CITV

leadbelly

Banned
Haha, brilliant.

Of course it's all in context. You wouldn't say cunt on morning tv either.

But we freely band it about in here, and non of us take offence. Or if we do, we keep shtum about it least we get taken the piss out of. If an American came in here and said wanker, I doubt any of us would take offence to that either. Yet they seem to take more offence of the word. That's all I was trying to say.

I can't think of any words that Americans, or any other nationality for that matter, use that would cause such massive offence to us that cunt does to them.

Yeah. I wouldn't be offended by that either. I didn't really mean it that way.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Im thinking on it ive just wondering about the logistics atm, i.e getting trains back late or staying over in a hotel or something, this will be uncharted territory for me.

Don't be a pussy :p there might be a few of us doing a hostel maybe. Or a late night cafe.

Actually, here's a new idea - my mate is always hyping up AirBnB which is a service where you rent out someone's flat for the night. Apparently it's fairly cheap with a few people and they won't kick you out for doing that heroin you love so much (don't try to deny it...)

Mikeside

Don't be a pussy :p there might be a few of us doing a hostel maybe. Or a late night cafe.

Actually, here's a new idea - my mate is always hyping up AirBnB which is a service where you rent out someone's flat for the night. Apparently it's fairly cheap with a few people and they won't kick you out for doing that heroin you love so much (don't try to deny it...)

Kentpaul isn't coming.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Sup gimps?

Where do you live: Oldham
Where are you from: Oldham
University: N/A
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Curling
Current political party of choice: Labour?
Favourite (current) UK TV show: The News
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Foreign News
CBBC or CITV: CCTV

When's Peep Show back?

Mikeside

CHEEZMO™;43301963 said:
Sup gimps?

Where do you live: Oldham
Where are you from: Oldham
University: N/A
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Curling
Current political party of choice: Labour?
Favourite (current) UK TV show: The News
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Foreign News
CBBC or CITV: CCTV

When's Peep Show back?

9 November booiiiiii
So excite.

I'm still debating whether or not to put people up this time. If I do does anyone want to stay?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In the previous thread I found someone who apparently lives the opposite side of the main road as me. Never met them mind since they bailed out on the first GAF meet.

need to upate my cv big time. anyone got any good sites for templates/general tips?

Um, not sure, but I'm having mine looked over by my placements guy tomorrow so I'll probably just grill him for advice on making it better

If he tells me anything useful I'll pass it on

andylsun

Ex-pat allowed to check in?

Where do you live: New Hampshire, USA
Where are you from:Bristol
University:University of Reading (and they don't offer my course any more)
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football- West Ham
Current political party of choice: Labour
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Sherlock and Grand Designs
Favourite (current) non UK TV show:Twin Peaks
CBBC or CITV:CBBC

Mikeside

I don't think I've had a single trick-or-treater in about 5 years.

My halloween evening plans involve Walking Dead game episode 4 and possibly a movie

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm stuck for this halloween too, my friends are all shut ins and so don't like doing the whole "lets dress like tits and stumble around the pub" thing. I might do another horror movie night, it went well last year with Event Horizon and Suspiria.

Mr Cola

I'm stuck for this halloween too, my friends are all shut ins and so don't like doing the whole "lets dress like tits and stumble around the pub" thing. I might do another horror movie night, it went well last year with Event Horizon and Suspiria.

Event Horizon was the first 18 cert film I ever watched, so good

Anyone here regret getting netflix? Too lazy to cancel it either :[

Every time I hear "'sup" recently, it takes me back to the epic moment in Borderlands 2
"'Sup" - Entire floating-city disappears into thin air

tumblr_m1r9u3gxNv1rsjyv2o1_500_thumb.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Naw man, it's amazing. Do you have access to US Netflix (ie, through Unblock-US)? There's sooooo much more on there. Great value for money. Also watch Cracker, it's amazing.

SKINNER!

Banned
Hey Darren870, I'm currently writing up a list of all the UK-only sweets and chocolate bars (I signed up to that Candy Swap thing). Apart from Cadbury stuff, have you come across any sweets/chocolates that weren't sold in the US when you first came to London all those years ago?

Why? I heard it was better than lovefilm. I'll be subscribing to them the second the new Arrested Development episodes come along.

Mr. Sam

BritGAF? Oh yes. Oh yes! Because I missed out the first time round, here's my deepest, most intimate secrets:

Where do you live: Bromley
Where are you from: Charlton
University: Goldsmiths
Sports of choice: Football - Charlton Athletic
Current political party of choice: Mulling it over
Favourite (current) UK TV show: The Thick of It
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Not a huge fan of any current ones
CBBC or CITV: Cartoon Network

I can also tell you how big my genitals are if you'd like.

Nah Netflix is awesome, much better than Lovefilm.

Don't know what I'm doing for Halloween yet. As it's on a Wednesday will probably just stay in and watch horror films. But the weekend before there's loads going on. The MGM Expo is on all weekend, and I really fancied going on the Saturday. But my usual clubnight, Voodoo in Angel, are doing a special Halloween night on the Friday, which if I go to will mean I won't get home till 6am Saturday morning. Then a friend is having a massive Halloween party Saturday night, but it's in Surrey which is miles from me and will be a pain to get there and back. I just don't know what to do!

Plus I've not even thought about a costume.

I do however have a costume idea for a party I'm going to this Saturday. The theme is something beginning with L, E or P. I'm thinking of going as 'Essex', cheap fake tan, fake nails and eyelashes, big hair, tight slutty outfit.

daviyoung

Banned
BritGAF. Finally.

Where do you live: Southampton
Where are you from: ESSEX
University: Southampton
Sports of choice: Sports?
Current political party of choice: impossible to choose a favourite!
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Wilfred
CBBC or CITV: SMTV

Mikeside

I'm thinking of going as 'Essex', cheap fake tan, fake nails and eyelashes, big hair, tight slutty outfit.

BritGAF. Finally.

Where do you live: Southampton
Where are you from: ESSEX
University: Southampton
Sports of choice: Sports?
Current political party of choice: impossible to choose a favourite!
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Wilfred
CBBC or CITV: SMTV

Fight! Fight! Fight!

daviyoung

Banned
I spend at least one day a week in Musha's old neck o' da woods and I whinge about South Wales, especially the weather, a lot here. So it's only fair I reckon.

And there's very little difference between Essex girls and Valley girls, especially Valley girls on a night out in 'Diff.

Darren870

Hey Darren870, I'm currently writing up a list of all the UK-only sweets and chocolate bars (I signed up to that Candy Swap thing). Apart from Cadbury stuff, have you come across any sweets/chocolates that weren't sold in the US when you first came to London all those years ago?

So you mean what does the UK have and the US doesnt'? The US has Cadbury however, the stuff in the states is a lot different then the Cadbury in the UK. When I did the candy swap 2 years ago I had tossed some in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom