• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadbelly

Banned
Makes sense!

Somehow I'm discovering people are gay today. Namely, Kele from Bloc Party- which I'd never even considered before, I guess their songs threw me off- and Simon Amstell, which I probably should have realised. But he always seemed like some sort of asexual poltergeist to me.

Actually I am quite surprised that Simon Amstell is gay. Always seemed pretty flirtatious with the women on 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks'. Never suspected it at all.

Qasiel

Makes sense!

Somehow I'm discovering people are gay today. Namely, Kele from Bloc Party- which I'd never even considered before, I guess their songs threw me off- and Simon Amstell, which I probably should have realised. But he always seemed like some sort of asexual poltergeist to me.

This made me lol and in doing so just woke up the mrs.

But seriously, that's a fantastic description of someone.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Amstell was always making comments on Buzzcocks about his homosexuality

Your ears need a proper good scrubbing.

I'm basically marathoning all his episodes and only just realised. My gaydar is non-existent. Although in fairness, I missed all the times he mentioned he was Jewish first time round as well, so maybe I just missed a load of episodes.

leadbelly

Banned

He did? I don't remember him doing so. Maybe I just ignored it thinking he was joking or something. I remember him saying things to female guests on that show that came off as pretty flirtatious though. Why I assumed he was heterosexual.

Mikeside

He did? I don't remember him doing so. Maybe I just ignored it thinking he was joking or something. I remember him saying things to female guests on that show that came off as pretty flirtatious though. Why I assumed he was heterosexual.

I didn't realize the guy was gay until I saw his standup show.

I actually met Simon Amstell at a festival - he bought me a beer and everything!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Simon, Phil and Bill = Best Buzzcocks.

Now it's just shit with Noel Fielding on it, So shit on top of shit.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
so having waited impatiently for Dishonored and scoffed at X com i am now in the position to say i had it completely wrong about both, Dishonored was shallow and boring and Xcom seems deep and awesome.

And hitman to come!

Mikeside

so having waited impatiently for Dishonored and scoffed at X com i am now in the position to say i had it completely wrong about both, Dishonored was shallow and boring and Xcom seems deep and awesome.

And hitman to come!

I love XCOM to bits, but I'm really enjoying Dishonored too.
Also, Hitman is gonna be amazing.

I'm way too positive about games.

Also, the strings in Harry Patch by Radiohead are fooking gorgeous. Perfect sendoff to the day.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
yeah xcom is so fucking cool atm, and im not even out of tutorial :D. Dishonored i cant play more than 5 mins now without getting bored and wanting to switch off, which is so rare for me, i love games, i loved the idea of this game but the practicality is its doing the same damn thing all the time and I really dont enjoy it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Recommend me some android apps.

Wrong thread.

What sort of things are you interested in?
Flipboard is a great news aggregator
Splashtop is a great remote desktop

Those sound like some amazing games mang. Open platforms ftw! Brb, playing Carmageddon on my phone :p

Anything, only just got a smartphone.
Just downloaded flipboard, shall use Google Docs for remite desktop stuff

Get a fart app, I think you would enjoy it.

Why happened to U.K/R.O.I?

Devolution.

Ahhh :) shitty commute this morning, snark to my ukGAF brethren helps soothe the savage beast.

Mikeside

Those sound like some amazing games mang. Open platforms ftw! Brb, playing Carmageddon on my phone :p

Pfft, he didn't ask for games - Carmageddon is coming to Android too :p

Games I'd Recommend;
Gem Miner 2
SILPHEED Alternative
Doptrix
Dragon, Fly!
Rayman Jungle Run
Monsters Ate My Condo
Cthulhu Saves the World
Game Dev Story
Real Racing 2
Jetpack Joyride
Cut the Rope
GTA III Android (maybe only worthwhile on a tablet though, really...)
Dead Space Android (again...)
World of Goo
The Curse
Horn
Reckless Racing 2
Age of Zombies
Draw Race 2
Drop7
Elder Sign: Omens
Battleheart
McPixel

There are probably a million more and yes, most of them are on iOS, Jedeye :p

Salvadora

You understand that the British Isles includes Ireland, right?

The term British Isles is controversial in Ireland, where there are objections to its usage due to the association of the word British with Ireland.[ The Government of Ireland does not use the term] and its embassy in London discourages its use. As a result, Britain and Ireland is becoming a preferred description
I don't see why the title had to change.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Because You Kay forward slash Are Oh I GAF is longer to say than BritGAF.

And here I was thinking this thread was a place to escape the PC Master Race.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
On a bus and the person behind me seems to be sucking on a cat piss flavoured cough sweet, the smell is awful.

Ah the good old scum shovel is never a dull ride. Glad though i will never be stepping foot on one again though..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Come on, you have to realise this isn't 'PC gone mad'.

I was hoping that comment would be taken in jest. I don't think anyone in this thread says "PC gone mad" seriously.

But I probably should incorporate the Irish flag in the banner somehow. That's what happens when you put one together quickly.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Pfft, he didn't ask for games - Carmageddon is coming to Android too :p

Games I'd Recommend;
-snip-

There are probably a million more and yes, most of them are on iOS, Jedeye :p

haha I kid because I grumpy :) that's not a bad lot of games though, I'm glad y'all aren't missing out entirely.

Has Irish GAF (what few of us there are) been booted out of this thread?? :p

Yes, you know where the door is you dirty republican. If you ain't got Her Majesty on your money then we don't want your sort round here!

I was hoping that comment would be taken in jest. I don't think anyone in this thread says "PC gone mad" seriously.

But I probably should incorporate the Irish flag in the banner somehow. That's what happens when you put one together quickly.

Put it in tatters on the floor. Under a potato. With a bomb stuck to it. Drinking Guinness. With idiosyncratic use of the roman alphabet.

Oh shit here comes PC Gonmad

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

They can have objections but the British Isles still includes them. It just sounds catchier than "UK/ROI GAF".

Today is the day I can upgrade. Which is total horseshit because I still have to pay off the last month of my contract, I could have paid off my contract at any time what makes now special?
Anyway, looking at phones. Tempted by an Xperia T or a Galaxy Nexus, sticking with Android.

Mikeside

haha I kid because I grumpy :) that's not a bad lot of games though, I'm glad y'all aren't missing out entirely.

We still don't have AC:R or Infinity Blade though :(

They can have objections but the British Isles still includes them. It just sounds catchier than "UK/ROI GAF".

Today is the day I can upgrade. Which is total horseshit because I still have to pay off the last month of my contract, I could have paid off my contract at any time what makes now special?
Anyway, looking at phones. Tempted by an Xperia T or a Galaxy Nexus, sticking with Android.

I'm still in love with my Galaxy Nexus, if that helps?
It's a great little device and has a great Paranoid Android build, too!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

It does to hear that it is good, I really like the look. Only concern is that that phone's nearly a year old now...

EDIT: Looking at it, specwise, the only thing the Xperia T has over it is .3ghz on the processor.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I don't know about AC:R but the IB games are boring as shit, you're not missing out much there.

Man I'm grumpy today but it's a weird, gleefully grumpy. I'm just happily shitting in cereals left right and centre.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Was St Stephens. Still is St. Stephens. In my heart. Renaming it to Elizabeth Tower was absolutely pointless since no one calls it by its real name anywho.

Mikeside

It does to hear that it is good, I really like the look. Only concern is that that phone's nearly a year old now...

EDIT: Looking at it, specwise, the only thing the Xperia T has over it is .3ghz on the processor.

Dunno if you root and change the ROM etc on your Android devices, but Paranoid Android's more recent builds run everything butter smooth on mine.

I don't know about AC:R but the IB games are boring as shit, you're not missing out much there.

Man I'm grumpy today but it's a weird, gleefully grumpy. I'm just happily shitting in cereals left right and centre.

I dunno, I like IB on my iTouch, but I'd like to play it on a tablet. It IS really repetetive, though.

SteveWD40

We are re-building the Empire, just you wait, we will have East India Company Gaf OT soon...

I suggest the following dress code for the next meet-up:

flashman.jpg

SteveWD40

Actually, I totally agree - Roger Moore closely followed by Connery.

p8AwE.gif

Connery you can have, but if anyone can read Ian Flemings novels and then refer to Moore as "Bond" then they have my sympathys. He brought his own misguided humour along with the era's terrible reliance in slapstick to what is essentially a hired killer role.

Bonds that are actually Bond:

Dalton
Craig (may surpass Dalton if Skyfall is any indication)
Connery
Lazenby
Brosnan
Bob Holness (radio play of Moonraker)
Barry Nelson
Me at a fancy dress once

Moore

It's a completely different processor architecture. Ignore the clock speed, the Xperia T (or any Krait/A15 phone for that matter) will have around double the performance of the GNex.

Anyway, the GNex has a dirty Pentile screen. Keep away from that shit.

Bonds that are actually Bond:

Dalton
Craig (may surpass Dalton if Skyfall is any indication)
Connery
Lazenby
Brosnan
Bob Holness (radio play of Moonraker)
Barry Nelson
Me at a fancy dress once

Moore

Fucking this (though I would swap Dalton and Connery, and have Lazenby in with Moore). Moore had one decent Bond, Live and Let Die. After that he was an fat old guy making shit jokes.

SteveWD40

Fucking this (though I would swap Dalton and Connery, and have Lazenby in with Moore). Moore had one decent Bond, Live and Let Die. After that he was an fat old guy making shit jokes.

If I had to watch one Bond with him in it would The Spy who Loved me, mainly for the theme tune and the fact is was the only one he actually showed any ability to be "dangerous".

and have Lazenby in with Moore

I'm sorry, I know Lazenby isn't everyone's cup of tea but he did well with what he had...you really leave me no choice.

i7HwXvPdxS9H2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom