• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gifs have still got a use until webms work on mobiles.
Last time I checked even a shitty smartphone can access YouTube, a service far more appropriate for gameplay clips. Just because .webm is widely supported doesn't mean one should continue to use .gifs badly.

Seriously, I hate massive 138980MB gameplay gifs and GAF is awful for them. I'd even prefer to consume tumblr gifs non stop for the rest of my life.

Symphonia

Banned
What the.. you know how to crush dreams.
tumblr_inline_nepwkc6MDB1sger8z.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Amazing 😄 I need to catch up on his stuff. The last one I remember was Bubblegum.

-

I seriously feel like Dark Souls is trolling me now. First I spend half an hour getting one shotted by Ceaseless Discharge and now I've been stuck lost in Blighttown for two whole hours. I found a new bonfire, a whip and a pyromancy spell. I just want to go home to the Parish!

AcridMeat

Banned
Blighttown sucked imo. Just wasn't that interesting to wander around the poisonous liquid. Boss fight was interesting though.

Going to see Animals As Leaders and Devin Townsend Project later tonight, can't wait! Been a long time since I've gone to a proper rock gig, probably NIN last year was the last.

SuperSah

Banned
I forgot to update you all.

My York interview was superb. It was very casual and the interviewer seemed to like my answers, he was very engaged and kept smiling and nodding at me and even having a few laughs with me in between.

I felt very comfortable and should be hearing from them soon.

The city of York is as beautiful as I remember it to be as a child.

Overall, feeling confident!

banofypie

Banned

My York interview was superb. It was very casual and the interviewer seemed to like my answers, he was very engaged and kept smiling and nodding at me and even having a few laughs with me in between.

Didn't you update us like, yesterday?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Good luck, SuperSah. York is a lovely city. It is up there with Edinburgh for best UK city in my opinion. It is just a shame the people are northern.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm so depressed. Sorry for posting loads over the last few days. 48 bloody hours and then its over for three weeks. Tomorrow is gonna stink. So much work to do. Sigh sigh McWoe. 48 bloody hours.

I have spent almost the whole day playing Mother 3, I feel exhausted by whimsy! Really good game though, I just love the visual style. I want bobbleheads.

Symphonia

Banned
Been a while since I've done the whole two-hour phonecall to a girl thing. Feels good. Had 'the talk' and, yeah, we reached a mutual agreement that we both want the same thing, and that we are now, for all intents and purpose, together. Been a long time since I've said that. Feels weird but also sogood.gif.

banofypie

Banned
Been a while since I've done the whole two-hour phonecall to a girl thing. Feels good. Had 'the talk' and, yeah, we reached a mutual agreement that we both want the same thing, and that we are now, for all intents and purpose, together. Been a long time since I've said that. Feels weird but also sogood.gif.

On that note, I'd like to just ask everyone on BritGAF:

Who watched Black Mirror's Christmas special? That first tale was well scary, wasn't it.

lewisgone

Good luck, I have a friend who started going to York this year and he's enjoying it quite a lot. They seem to have a lot of varied societies.

Two colleagues who were supposed to be working late with me (remotely) both fell asleep. Have a system basically half fucked because I don't have their bits now... so all I can do is strip out the fucked bits temporarily and bolt it all back together some time tomorrow... when I have to somehow pack to go on holiday, get a hair cut, drop off backups offsite, drive for four hours and then catch a flight.

Yay?

NinjaBoiX

Been a while since we posted some nice winter warmers, here's a lush one from our Lucy:

Lucy Rose - Don't You Worry

Just a masterclass in build up, she starts off really softly on her own over muted strings, then by the end she's belting it out with a full backing band. That crescendo that starts at 2:00, bloody glorious.
Urgh, I hate that, I'm fine chatting in person but I hate talking for ages on the phone most of the time, she can talk for England and I usually need to cut her short. I love to hear about her day and stuff, but she often goes the long end of a fart.

I think she's getting the message now though, she text last night saying "I'll ring to you tomorrow because I've had a few glasses of wine and I know I go on a bit!" Aww, she's so considerate, bless her.

Reknoc

Good stuff! I just beat Quelaag. Ninja was the way to go! Heart still pounding though.

And then that cutscene. This is the best modern game I've ever played.

o/

Now I'm at this awkward point where I know where I need to be but it's been so long since i played I don't remember how I actually get there lol

Symphonia

Banned
Urgh, I hate that, I'm fine chatting in person but I hate talking for ages on the phone most of the time, she can talk for England and I usually need to cut her short. I love to hear about her day and stuff, but she often goes the long end of a fart.

I think she's getting the message now though, she text last night saying "I'll ring to you tomorrow because I've had a few glasses of wine and I know I go on a bit!" Aww, she's so considerate, bless her.
I'm surprised it went on for two hours but it was a really great phonecall. A lot was discussed about what we want from the relationship, etc. She has a proper cute laugh, too, which made me feel at ease whenever she laughed. I don't think I'll make these calls a regular occurence, though, as much as I enjoy them.

NinjaBoiX

JRPG's are for socially awkward manchildren with too much time on their hands.

I like a game to hold my hand through a 5-6 hour nail-biting, rollercoaster thrillride of a campaign with state of the art visuals™ and a score by Hans Zimmer.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Morning all!

o/

Now I'm at this awkward point where I know where I need to be but it's been so long since i played I don't remember how I actually get there lol

Hate that! I finally did make it out of Blighttown. I was so excited to see the exit to the Valley of the Drakes I got clobbered by the big club ogre guys and had to do it again. I just popped into Sen's Fortress before I went to bed and got killed. I'm wondering whether this is where Ornstein and Smough are. I'm ready! Maybe!

How are we still on the topic of JRPGs?

No idea.

I like a game to hold my hand through a 5-6 hour nail-biting, rollercoaster thrillride of a campaign with state of the art visuals™ and a score by Hans Zimmer.

"Hans, baby, make the trumpets LOUDER!"

jimbor

Banned
You probably should've left that to her parents...

SmokyDave

I hear that Smokey Dave is into anime and jrpgs nowadays.
I can't lie. Climbed into bed last night and had to play an hour of Persona 4 before I went to sleep. It was a bad hour though, just wandering around 'spending time' with people. Menu after menu of people having pointless conversations so the personas that I don't bother to fuse will be theoretically stronger.

I'm going to stick with it though. I'm determined to finish one JRPG in my life.

You probably should've left that to her parents...
Goddamn.

Reknoc

Hate that! I finally did make it out of Blighttown. I was so excited to see the exit to the Valley of the Drakes I got clobbered by the big club ogre guys and had to do it again. I just popped into Sen's Fortress before I went to bed and got killed. I'm wondering whether this is where Ornstein and Smough are. I'm ready! Maybe!

Sen's is the point that I stopped playing originally lol does it have a boss? I don't even know because I never got that far, kept falling for traps like a moron.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Sen's is the point that I stopped playing originally lol does it have a boss? I don't even know because I never got that far, kept falling for traps like a moron.

Yes it does. Sen's is one of the most brilliant and deviously designed bits of Dark Souls.

Yes it does. Sen's is one of the most brilliant and deviously designed bits of Dark Souls.
sen's fortress has the boss with the master chief cameo, with the machine gun and laser sword right? loved that bit. at first i thought it was shoe-horned in a little but it was pretty cool the way the game changed to turn-based combat and you could debuff him via conversation choices regarding the power of togetherness and love. just don't forget to pick up his dog tag afterwards!

Definitely agree with that part, I'm not particularly socially awkward or a manchild but I do like me a good JRPG or I used to because now I just don't have 70 hours to plough in to a game and obvious "INSERT GRIND HERE" bits in a lot of recent JRPGs annoy the crap out of me. Final Fantasy up to about 10 and all the Suikoden games are brilliant stories that require minimal grinding. I also enjoyed the crap out of Lost Odyssey mostly because of the story though.

Anyways turn the trumpets back up and start the set piece where you torture a guy in a collapsing building while your Dog fights a Nazi Robot! :D

Those two [more obscene words aimed at Dark Souls bosses] are past Sen's Fortress in Anor Londo. I fell completely out of love with the game at this point for some reason and haven't been back. Burn out I suppose.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
sen's fortress has the boss with the master chief cameo, with the machine gun and laser sword right? loved that bit. at first i thought it was shoe-horned in a little but it was pretty cool the way the game changed to turn-based combat and you could debuff him via conversation choices regarding the power of togetherness and love. just don't forget to pick up his dog tag afterwards!

At first I was about to cry spoiler. And then I chuckled. If I beat him I will feel unparalleled reward!

---

All I can think about this morning is my death and Stanley knives. I hate myself sometimes (well, all the time) but today I'm just so tired of always thinking about dying. 20 odd years and you think it'd stop by now right? Just need to hang on for one more day. Sigh. Best stop now. 😢

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I would pay good money for this.

banofypie

Banned
At first I was about to cry spoiler. And then I chuckled. If I beat him I will feel unparalleled reward!

---

All I can think about this morning is my death and Stanley knives. I hate myself sometimes (well, all the time) but today I'm just so tired of always thinking about dying. 20 odd years and you think it'd stop by now right? Just need to hang on for one more day. Sigh. Best stop now. 😢

Might be the avatar.

But for what it's worth, I get those kinds of thoughts a lot too. Especially recently because of some things I'm not overly comfortable discussing so publicly, but I'm in the mindset of hopefulness and I'm hoping that's enough to drive me through it, because happiness and stability might be at the end of the tunnel. I'm fairly sure the scars on my arm from where I burned it are never going to fade, so now I have to live with that. I guess I'm going to use it as a reminder that I'm not in as bad a state as I was when I did that. I'm hoping that it'll help me

basically i'm breaking my arsehole character to tell you i hope we both feel better about life soon enough because it would be nice huh

Who watched Black Mirror's Christmas special? That first tale was well scary, wasn't it.
It was amazing and so nightmarish. Further thoughts in the thread for it. Also cool to ask Charlie Brooker a question in the flesh. In a cinema ;) He's a super cool dude.

My speech anxiety has gone way down after having asked questions to several directors/actors/game developers by now in front of hundreds of people on a mic.

Top Bottom