• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Volotaire

Welp, that just pissed over my last post, heh. I honestly thought I was the only Brummie here in BritGAF. I've seen a few members out in OT and Gaming Side from here (and other parts of the Midlands) but I don't think they post in here. Couple of us are trying to sort out a mini-meet/pub crawl.

But, aye, I agree for the most part, depending on where you go.

Sounds nice, but I live more in London now due to uni.

And wise like owl.

-

And thanks CyanideFuse 😄 we call them "the dudes" most of the time (with the 'the', as in 'hello the dudes'. What's your parrot called?

He is called Byron. Or Lord Byron.

At the moment "Oi bird" is the most common name for him because he is mostly misbehaving.

Browny

Banned
It's the fact that RG think it's one of the top 10 places to visit next year - despite us ripping a fair section of it down... I'm assuming they're thinking "people already visit London, here's somewhere new they can go".

It's probably more likely the councils' bribe to RG has done the job... Gotta pay off that council pay deficit somehow...

Volotaire

Birmingham is 9th on the list . AHAHHAHAHAHAHaHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA . What on earth!?!

It's the fact that RG think it's one of the top 10 places to visit next year - despite us ripping a fair section of it down... I'm assuming they're thinking "people already visit London, here's somewhere new they can go".

It's probably more likely the councils' bribe to RG has done the job... Gotta pay off that council pay deficit somehow...

If it was on that criteria, they should have used the more historic cities of Oxbridge or Bath, or more lively cities such as Edinburgh. No British city should have still reached that list relative to the rest of the world. There are some fantastic citites and locations that surpass everything about the UK.

Of course, neither of the above cities would reach that list since it's trending cities that count. I still think Birmingham is a horrible choice.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
He is called Byron. Or Lord Byron.

At the moment "Oi bird" is the most common name for him because he is mostly misbehaving.

Hah!

Dignified animal names are the best!

When we finally get our bulldog who will be called Benson, he will be Sir Benson Of Dog.

SmokyDave

My cat is supposed to be called 'Sylvester', but realistically his name is 'Dickhead'. Gonna have to change that before baby learns to talk.

Hah!

Dignified animal names are the best!

When we finally get our bulldog who will be called Benson, he will be Sir Benson Of Dog.

He was already named as we took him on when an elderly man had to be taken into care. The pet shop where I buy stuff from said he was in need of a home and I couldn't say no.

I think his name is perfect. He says it in a lot of varying tones that have been dependent upon the reason for us saying his name...

...Mostly because he is up to no good.

Perhaps he can be known as Lord Byron of Parrot!

birds can be lords now!? just another example of ripoff britain, thanks obama.

It took longer than it should have for that to sink into my brain.

He would be a better lord than those that hold this title. "Good morning Lord Sugar". Pass me the sick bucket.

NinjaBoiX

I want to go to more gigs next year, it's my New Year's resolution. With that in mind, I have the following tremendous trifecta of musical magnificence to start with:

E1LJ28e.jpg

GAxP8yS.jpg

RAGipva.jpg

Also, on the subject of music, have this fetching photo of a couple of Björks she just posted on Facebook:

Tg1rkV7.jpg

This is allowed right? Faces don't make people uncomfortable right?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I want to go to more gigs next year, it's my New Year's resolution. With that in mind, I have the following tremendous trifecta of musical magnificence to start with:

E1LJ28e.jpg

GAxP8yS.jpg

RAGipva.jpg

Also, on the subject of music, have this fetching photo of a couple of Björks she just posted on Facebook:

Tg1rkV7.jpg

This is allowed right? Faces don't make people uncomfortable right?

Har har. You didn't need to edit that in, you perv.

Mark Lanegan is great, though. I bet that'll be a great gig.

My cat is supposed to be called 'Sylvester', but realistically his name is 'Dickhead'. Gonna have to change that before baby learns to talk.

Hahaha! Just call him Sly "The Cat" Stallone.

He was already named as we took him on when an elderly man had to be taken into care. The pet shop where I buy stuff from said he was in need of a home and I couldn't say no.

I think his name is perfect. He says it in a lot of varying tones that have been dependent upon the reason for us saying his name...

...Mostly because he is up to no good.

Perhaps he can be known as Lord Byron of Parrot!

It took longer than it should have for that to sink into my brain.

He would be a better lord than those that hold this title. "Good morning Lord Sugar". Pass me the sick bucket.

Well, Parrot is his family 😛 by which I mean heritage! Orange was descended from a proud race of French Guinea Pig royalty. I think his great great grandfather was guinea pig to Louis XVI. Yes, this is the rubbish I talk to them about.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
tumblr_inline_nepwkc6MDB1sger8z.gif

Do you want to come?

You should come.

Yay, let's go and see Mark Lanegan!

Ooo ooo maybe. That's a Friday too. Consider me a provisional yes 😄

E's new drugs arrived yesterday so my lookaftering 'duties' (not really duties because I love her and such (vomit)) might be much less than they are now.

Har har. You didn't need to edit that in, you perv.

Mark Lanegan is great, though. I bet that'll be a great gig.

Hahaha! Just call him Sly "The Cat" Stallone.

Well, Parrot is his family 😛 by which I mean heritage! Orange was descended from a proud race of French Guinea Pig royalty. I think his great great grandfather was guinea pig to Louis XVI. Yes, this is the rubbish I talk to them about.

I am sure they appreciate the attention! I speak a lot of nonsense to Byron and the mob. The 'problem' is that Byron can repeat what I say. Some of the stuff he comes out with...

I have no gigs lined up for next year. Life is miserable. It'd be hard to top the last two months, though, in which I've managed to see my three favourite bands of all time play live. One of which split up ten years ago so was just amazing for being so bizarre and unexpected.

Didn't Salt Dogs recently have it's licence revoked due to some issue with people taking a tonne of beak? See every time I go somewhere like that, it is full of Joey's. That and the queue for the bar is long enough that you sober up between drinks. :(

Nay, I'll stay in the Hotel Cali/Revolver for the time being. I know most of the staff and people in there and I can get utterly shit faced before crawling 5 minutes up the road to my flat. :D

I heard about that but i was in there this weekend and it was just like any other night.
It's a joke that though cause literally just go anywhere around Concert Square and it's disgusting.

I tend to go quite early though cause it does become a piss take to get served. Or alternatively get a Stein haha.

Jealous of you living in town. I did for Uni but now i'm stuck in
G
ormskirk

Spookie

I heard about that but i was in there this weekend and it was just like any other night.
It's a joke that though cause literally just go anywhere around Concert Square and it's disgusting.

I've seen worse in Victoria Street. I've seen people doing beak off the bar for fucks sake. :/

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I am sure they appreciate the attention! I speak a lot of nonsense to Byron and the mob. The 'problem' is that Byron can repeat what I say. Some of the stuff he comes out with...

Yeah, I wonder where...!

Nice one sploatee. I think the bro is up for it too, could make it a foursome, excite!

Bon croissant!

-
My final pile (for now at least) of 360 games came today - got the three Gears games, halo 1 3 and 4, mirrors edge, deathsmiles and vanquish.

I'm trying to catch up on the last 10 years of gaming I missed! Hopefully by the time I'm done (in like a year) I'll have a nice selection of ps4 games to play.

Expect lots of posts like "oh, so that's a dudebro!", "oh, so thats what the silent cartographer is!" and "rockstar games are pretty good, aren't they?" Duh level posts.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
.webm needs to hurry up and take over from .gifs. we are still stuck with shitty .jpg so i can't see it happening.
They provide different uses. .webm is not a .gif replacement. However it does mean people can stop using .gifs incorrectly i.e people using them to show gameplay clips. Those people are worse than Satan skullbuggering your nan.

Reknoc

Gargoyles down, pretty easy. Didn't let that bellend out yet he's still at the shrine eyeing my girl :(

Forgot how good the game looks with DSfix though, my god.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Gargoyles down, pretty easy. Didn't let that bellend out yet he's still at the shrine eyeing my girl :(

Forgot how good the game looks with DSfix though, my god.

Good stuff! I just beat Quelaag. Ninja was the way to go! Heart still pounding though.

And then that cutscene. This is the best modern game I've ever played.

Chinner

Banned
"Snake...that looks like some kind of AI"
"AI?"
"Yes Snake it stands for 'Artificial Intelligence'. The intelligence exhibited by machines or software. It is an academic field of study which studies the goal of creating intelligence. Major AI researchers and textbooks define this field as "the study and design of intelligent agents", where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chances of success. John McCarthy, who coined the term in 1955, defines it as "the science and engineering of making intelligent machines"
"I see"
"The LaLeLuLiLo use it to enact Patrior Protocols which activate PLOP nano-particles"
"Got it."

I love the MGS games but I know what you mean. I can tell you that in GZ (and TTP) they really cut down on this, and the dialogue is a lot more to the point.

Top Bottom