• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Volotaire

Does anyone here have a Fire Stick TV? I'm tempted to impulse purchase one for my parents since it's £19 currently.

I think I've spent more time playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D at work this week than actually working. I got it as a late birthday present at the weekend and it's pretty hard to put down!

I've been tempted to stray from the 3D version and stick with trying to get the Wii version, but it does seem like the perfect portable game.

NinjaBoiX

UFvX8ds.jpg

Amy (Trailer)

"Ooh, it's a bit upsetting at the end isn't it?"

:(

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Oh Lordy Bloodborne has the magic!

I did try a bit of Dark Souls 2 but it just felt a bit floaty and weird in 60fps. I'll go back to it at some point but Bloodborne is just :-O It has that special magic that dark souls had (and demons souls probably had at the time, although I think of demon's a bit better now after floating around Drangleic).

AMAZING. I want a long black coat and a cane that becomes a chain.

jimbor

Banned
Oh Lordy Bloodborne has the magic!

I did try a bit of Dark Souls 2 but it just felt a bit floaty and weird in 60fps. I'll go back to it at some point but Bloodborne is just :-O It has that special magic that dark souls had (and demons souls probably had at the time, although I think of demon's a bit better now after floating around Drangleic).

AMAZING. I want a long black coat and a cane that becomes a chain.

Accessorise that outfit with a fedora and you'll be the quintessential gaffer.

Qasiel

I've been tempted to stray from the 3D version and stick with trying to get the Wii version, but it does seem like the perfect portable game.

I've gotta admit I didn't expect it to grab me like it has. It's full of side quests which makes it like it was made for casual pick-up-and-play.

Volotaire

NinjaBoiX, best not to post anything related to that content in the Iwata thread. I understand your intent, but you're not going to get a meaningful conversation. the timing, the thread's purpose, etc.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
NinjaBoiX, best not to post anything related to that content in the Iwata thread. I understand your intent, but you're not going to get a meaningful conversation. the timing, the thread's purpose, etc.

What, ninj being ignorant and insensitive but failing to see that he might just be plain wrong?

Can't say I'm surprised...

Thanks mush. Are you on the same phone number? X

Good vibes going your way. Xx

Sorry for not responding to this earlier, internet issues.

Ok in addition to having a dad again (even if I'm just gay to him, I don't care - he's a dude and he's my dad :) )

and actual having real life friends again (for now until I annoy them!)

and actual hanging around with proper queer folks and feeling like not a freak

and writing this bit in the style of Howl

I've decided to stop faffing around and find musicians and join a band

remember this day BritGAF, the one day that sploatee thought life was actually average instead of an endless journey through guilt, shame and sadness.

I'm going to go back to Dark Souls soon and re-learn the truth of life, so I don't get carried away.

Butcheah thought I'd share witcha.

In non blogpost stuff:

Tidal is £25 a month for the hi-def stuff WHAT!?

Big ol' thumbs up to you Sploat!

By the way if you're still looking for band members try formingbands.co.uk, I found my last 3 bands through there.

It's a polyphonic octave pedal that can make your guitar sound like a goddamned church organ. More importantly it produces a tone one octave and two octaves lower. At the same time.

It's a beast.

Love to! Depends when though. I have no cash till end of September.

Wiremother have a gig in France at a festival. On a weed farm.

We could always arrange gigs together!

Wait why aren't we arranging gigs together?

So as well as being without a smartphone for the last 3 weeks (put in a claim on my house insurance for that btw, just waiting to here if it's accepted) on Monday night my phone line and broadband died, finally got it fixed this morning. It hurts so bad being without internet at all. I can't remember how I coped in the days before internet.

Skele7on

Banned

By the way if you're still looking for band members try formingbands.co.uk, I found my last 3 bands through there.

So as well as being without a smartphone for the last 3 weeks (put in a claim on my house insurance for that btw, just waiting to here if it's accepted) on Monday night my phone line and broadband died, finally got it fixed this morning. It hurts so bad being without internet at all. I can't remember how I coped in the days before internet.

At least you had comics right? I can't imagine living with no internet.

I would be driven insane I think...

At least you had comics right? I can't imagine living with no internet.

I would be driven insane I think...

Actually I realised that I'd only read one book in the last year because I've been reading so many comics instead, so I decided to give myself a little break from comics and bought all the Game of Thrones books. Just finished the first one and on the second now.

Yeah, why aren't we...?

Maybe we should.....?

Qasiel

I thought I'd help by posting in here a little more regularly during your absence as, y'know, us being the same person and all that.

By the by, you still coming along tonight?

Volotaire

I didn't realise how persistent salespeople on phones are. When trying to cancel a temporary 1 month SIM contract, I was on the phone for about 10 -15 minutes trying to cancel it whilst they were trying to persuade me not to.

NinjaBoiX

The thing is I had zero intent to be disrespectful, it's a real shame that such an influential and well liked individual has passed away, and I said as much. I get why it's had an effect on people, of course, I just can't relate to such an intense emotional response.

If someone found me crying my eyes out over such a thing I'd imagine the conversion would go something like this:

"Jesus Ninj, are you OK? What's happened?"

"The CEO of Nintendo died."

12IaWBR.jpg

But to each their own I guess.

RIP Iwata.

Nah, they wouldn't give a fuck, because people's differing emotional responses to events is, like, super basic stuff. It's not the fuck for you to give, in a nutshell.

Like don't get me wrong, I wasn't bawling or owt. But if I were I probably wouldn't quite get it either. Involuntary response and that.

NinjaBoiX

Nah, they wouldn't give a fuck, because people's differing emotional responses to events is, like, super basic stuff. It's not the fuck for you to give, in a nutshell.

Like don't get me wrong, I wasn't bawling or owt. But if I were I probably wouldn't quite get it either. Involuntary response and that.
Woah, that's mad insightful, seriously...

I've cried twice in the last five or six years, once at my mother's funeral (though I didn't cry when I heard the news, guess I was just numb or something) and when my ex was crying on the anniversary of her brother's suicide.

I guess the first time isn't such a mystery but the second was probably more pain by proxy.

Anyway....

Shit just got deep, have a gif:

izOTEOM2gfEaO.gif

:p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Ooo thank you. I will do that. We've got a few members but it's always good to see what's out there.

And thanks re dad, yep. It's wonderful to actually feel the love from the crotchety old dude. :)

I thought I'd help by posting in here a little more regularly during your absence as, y'know, us being the same person and all that.

By the by, you still coming along tonight?

Cheers for that Qas.

Alas I am not, I had to stay at home today due to BT engineer calling round, and as it wasn't fixed till 10:30 ish I have to make up the hours working this evening. Tell Amanda I'm really sorry and I'll buy her a drink next time I see her.

What's your band called?

Inside the Circle.

Trying to fit in with the kids by having a 3 word nonsensicle name.

Ooo thank you. I will do that. We've got a few members but it's always good to see what's out there.

And thanks re dad, yep. It's wonderful to actually feel the love from the crotchety old dude. :)

I am geniunely really pleased for you. Good times ahead :D

Qasiel

Cheers for that Qas.

Alas I am not, I had to stay at home today due to BT engineer calling round, and as it wasn't fixed till 10:30 ish I have to make up the hours working this evening. Tell Amanda I'm really sorry and I'll buy her a drink next time I see her.

Bummer. Wanted to show off my Swamp Thing #37 I'm getting tonight and you're one of the few who'd appreciate it! No worries, dude. Hope to see you and Andy soon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes, it certainly is embarrassing that people on a gaming board are showing some respect for someone from the gaming industry.

NinjaBoiX

Yes, it certainly is embarrassing that people on a gaming board are showing some respect for someone from the gaming industry.
It has nothing to do with respect dude. I respected Amy Winehouse, I didn't break down in tears when she died.

The jump from "they were an inimitable talent, a unique, charismatic individual and a hugely influential force in the industry, their loss will be felt solemnly" to "I just don't even know what to do with myself anymore, I'm a wreck, I keep breaking down in tears" is great indeed.

I think if you're an emotional wreck struggling to get through the day because a nice dude that made some games you like died you need to take a long hard look at your life.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Seriously guys, throw your treasured opinions around, he can't strike them down.

SO how about corona? what a fantastic beer.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It has nothing to do with respect dude. I respected Amy Winehouse, I didn't break down in tears when she died.

The jump from "they were an inimitable talent, a unique, charismatic individual and a hugely influential force in the industry, their loss will be felt solemnly" to "I just don't even know what to do with myself anymore, I'm a wreck, I keep breaking down in tears" is great indeed.

I think if you're an emotional wreck struggling to get through the day because a nice dude that made some games you like died you need to take a long hard look at your life.

Ninj, man. Honestly, all due respect and that, but what has it got to do with you how people feel about Iwata's passing? Seriously. If you don't get it, that's fine, but why did you feel the need to go in the thread, where people are clearly (perhaps hyperbolically) mourning and paying respects, just to say: "Dunno what you lot are fuckin' cryin' about. Sort it out."

I honestly can't think of a single reason why you'd do that outside of it being a purely antagonistic move.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ninj, man. Honestly, all due respect and that, but what has it got to do with you how people feel about Iwata's passing? Seriously. If you don't get it, that's fine, but why did you feel the need to go in the thread, where people are clearly (perhaps hyperbolically) mourning and paying respects, just to say: "Dunno what you lot are fuckin' cryin' about. Sort it out."

I honestly can't think of a single reason why you'd do that outside of it being a purely antagonistic move.

This is why I struggle with the self-described "scallywag".

He decided, apropos of nothing, to share his opinions on how trans women weren't real women and then when confronted, apologised for his "honesty" and "lack of tact". The fact is that he thinks that by acknowledging that he's a "cold person haha" he can get away with being, frankly, a fucking arsehole. He knew my history, he knew that I'd trusted him hugely by opening up (which I largely stopped doing because of responses like this...), basically reduced me to tears and near-suicide and couldn't even muster a proper apology. Fuck him.

Did I mention the time (before he knew I was of Jewish background) that he said that "Jews control the media and the world"? His response was to laugh it off as a joke. And the keep making jokes. In fact, his response to being challenged about his views on trans people? "Why do Jews have big noses? Because air is free." Fuck him.

You might laugh this off as just internet drama, but he was a real-life friend of mine. This is someone who knew my history but decided that his God-given calling to be honest was more important than everything else - a little bit like his behaviour in the Iwata thread.

The fact is that he is so intoxicated by his own "charm" he feels that it is OK to mistake arrogance and ignorance for honesty, and is so high on himself (perhaps because he is so short) that when challenged he is simply incapable of ever acknowledging that he's ever done anything wrong. His head is so far up his tiny little arse I don't even know if he knows whether it's night or day.

Frankly, he's a fucking arsehole. I'm aware this post could lose me some friends in this thread, but I have to get it off my chest.

that dark souls, huh?

hahahahaha. Dark Souls!!

NinjaBoiX

Meat - I am a bit of antagonist, it's a personal failing but we all have them. It's probably the result of a tough love, single parent upbringing, he had very little time for tears and complaining. I think it's left me quite a cold, ruthless person, but I don't think I'm a bad human being. I do feel remorse and apologise when I've upset someone, I'm not a sociopath, just a fucking arsehole at times!

sploatee - I'm over it now, I said something dumb that upset you, I took it back and apologised, you chose not to accept it. I don't hate you, I'm just tired of trying to make amends. But you continue your little campaign of hate if it makes you feel better.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Meat - I am a bit of antagonist, it's a personal failing but we all have them. It's probably the result of a tough love, single parent upbringing, he had very little time for tears and complaining. I think it's left me quite a cold, ruthless person, but I don't think I'm a bad human being. I do feel remorse and apologise when I've upset someone, I'm not a sociopath, just a fucking arsehole at times!

sploatee - I'm over it now, I said something dumb that upset you, I took it back and apologised, you chose not to accept it. I don't hate you, I'm just tired of trying to make amends. But you continue your little campaign of hate if it makes you feel better.

You didn't really apologise, Ninj. You genuinely, deeply hurt me and to be honest all of your apologies have just been half-arsed ones about being honest. I don't think you really care and I also don't think your opinions have changed and I guess that's the most hurtful thing. It sucks to really like someone only for you to find out that they see you as something less or other than and don't really give a crap other than a non-apology.

You might be cold, I'm not. I'm an open hearted person who genuinely cares for others (including you), so to be really hurt like that, well, it's crap.

I don't hate you either. But yeah, I am angry with you still, more so for how you behaved after you really upset me rather than what you initially said. I thought you acted in a really horrible way and I still don't believe you think you've said anything wrong.

Top Bottom