• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

jimbor

Banned
soon I will have my new avatar. Nobody will question my posts and I will always be treated with the respect I deserve. Not long now until I am vetted for modship, mark my words bgaf

You can't even wipe your own arse, fuckface. It's time you gave your mum a break.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
There he is, look at him, with Kane watching over me I can do no wrong, I am god

also add me on psn if you haven't already. Tag is my old..GAF notorious handle.

Volotaire

The avatar is awful. I don't like football (if it's football) so that's a knock. It's a generic man so that's a second. I guess he has a good pose, that's it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok in addition to having a dad again (even if I'm just gay to him, I don't care - he's a dude and he's my dad :) )

and actual having real life friends again (for now until I annoy them!)

and actual hanging around with proper queer folks and feeling like not a freak

and writing this bit in the style of Howl

I've decided to stop faffing around and find musicians and join a band

remember this day BritGAF, the one day that sploatee thought life was actually average instead of an endless journey through guilt, shame and sadness.

I'm going to go back to Dark Souls soon and re-learn the truth of life, so I don't get carried away.

Butcheah thought I'd share witcha.

In non blogpost stuff:

Tidal is £25 a month for the hi-def stuff WHAT!?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Ok in addition to having a dad again (even if I'm just gay to him, I don't care - he's a dude and he's my dad :) )

remember this day BritGAF, the one day that sploatee thought life was actually average instead of an endless journey through guilt, shame and sadness.

I'm going to go back to Dark Souls soon and re-learn the truth of life, so I don't get carried away.

In non blogpost stuff:

Tidal is £25 a month for the hi-def stuff WHAT!?
beth add me whttttt im on ps4

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
beth add me whttttt im on ps4

Yay!

I won't be on for a while but you can add me - I'm sploatee

I don't play many MP games at the moment although I can be persuaded back onto Destiny :)

What might be fun is some of the PS+ games - I think you can shareplay Towerfall and everyone seems to love Rocket League.

Glad to hear that things are better with your Dad sploat.

Right, time to ask for some recommendations from you all, or as I call it, fire up ShitAdvisor. Me and the missus are in Nottingham for a few days shortly. Anywhere we should see/eat/drink? And I'll take all "the train station so you can leave right away" comments as read, however I'll look forward for more inventive takes on that.

NinjaBoiX

lZ2Kti4.gif

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

That's bloody awesome.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Congrats sploatee. Tidal is a joke and dark souls 2 will be crushing, if not only in the usual way but also psychologically thanks to only reaching "me too" status in comparison to Dark Souls. At least if you're playing scholar there will be a few improvements and enhancements.
I'm so triggered right now
Laundry stresses me out too.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Right, time to ask for some recommendations from you all, or as I call it, fire up ShitAdvisor. Me and the missus are in Nottingham for a few days shortly. Anywhere we should see/eat/drink? And I'll take all "the train station so you can leave right away" comments as read, however I'll look forward for more inventive takes on that.

Annie's Burger Shack (might need a booking), Wollaton Hall, Attenborough Nature Reserve, Nottingham Contemporary, Gamecity (never been so can't vouch for it), Restaurant Sat Bains, obviously Sherwood (which is a bit out of the way).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The sploat stoner sludge outsider band of outsider people is coming along !

All we need now is a bassist and we're good to get into a rehearsal room (and the drummer owns one :-O )

I put out an ad saying that I was looking for pinko commie hippy liberal types to form a stoner rock band and that good breeding and a full set of teeth were not essential. Seems to have worked!

Hopefully it will happen and we can make music I can dance to while churning out the fuzzy riffs over and over.

How's everyone?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The sploat stoner sludge outsider band of outsider people is coming along !

All we need now is a bassist and we're good to get into a rehearsal room (and the drummer owns one :-O )

I put out an ad saying that I was looking for pinko commie hippy liberal types to form a stoner rock band and that good breeding and a full set of teeth were not essential. Seems to have worked!

Hopefully it will happen and we can make music I can dance to while churning out the fuzzy riffs over and over.

How's everyone?

Get recording!

Also: You don't need a bass player. Get a POG!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Look I always preferred Tazos. What's a pog?

It's a polyphonic octave pedal that can make your guitar sound like a goddamned church organ. More importantly it produces a tone one octave and two octaves lower. At the same time.

It's a beast.

Also if I come to London are we meeting up?

Love to! Depends when though. I have no cash till end of September.

Wiremother have a gig in France at a festival. On a weed farm.

We could always arrange gigs together!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's a polyphonic octave pedal that can make your guitar sound like a goddamned church organ. More importantly it produces a tone one octave and two octaves lower. At the same time.

It's a beast.

Love to! Depends when though. I have no cash till end of September.

Wiremother have a gig in France at a festival. On a weed farm.

We could always arrange gigs together!

Whoa. That could deliver the ultimate huge fuzz massiveness of all times. The eternal zommmmm. Could you imagine it in drop C???? Argh.

Britgaf trip to France! I'm only half joking. If they book it I will go.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Why, yes. Yes I can. It sounds Chronicles of Riddick(ulous).

Have some f-in stoner rock.

Ta!

-

I've given up on Dragon Age again, even though I'm about 50 hours in. I wish I'd bought it physical so I could sell it. It's just not my kind of thing. I enjoy it in fits and starts but it just doesn't really click for me.

So instead I loaded up Bloodborne and within an hour was like *deep satisfied sigh* and played a bit of the new Mario Kart 8 tracks and was like *gentle smiling sigh*.

I'm giving up on playing most games now. It's pretty clear that I'm incredibly picky so I'm just gonna play what I enjoy. I read too much about games!

Qasiel

I think I've spent more time playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D at work this week than actually working. I got it as a late birthday present at the weekend and it's pretty hard to put down!

Atrophis

Check out the newly opened National Videogame Arcade. For food go to Reds BBQ.

Atrophis

Whoops completely missed your post. Yeah Gamecity is just the name of the yearly festival.

Some other suggestions. For Indian food you'll want Kayal. Hands down the best Indian in Notts. Its South Indian cuisine so not just the usual stuff you'll have eaten a thousand times before.

For drinking you can try the waterfront if it's sunny but it does get very loud and a bit rowdy on weekends. There's a Brewdog pub in Hockley or if you're into real ale try and find the Barrel Drop. It's hidden down a tiny alley though so it might be hard to find.

MrJames079

Neo Member
Had a fun night yesterday. a friend of mine has set up a games night in a local pub, where you can just pay a quid to play anything thats there. There's a decent selection of consoles and games as well. Ended doing some really fun matches of Mario Kart and Smash.

There's even gonna be a smash tournament at the end of the month, should be fun.

You fellas get up to anything fun this week?

Top Bottom