• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

8bit

Knows the Score
That centrepiece is going to make the Express & Mail mad for weeks on end.

A crashed Princess carriage.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Blog post!

Well despite feeling like I'm utterly lost and worthless I have in fact been doing loads of shit recently.

I went to an LGBT geek night on Tuesday and had an amazing time playing nerdy board games and having very long and meaningful conversations and met lots of awesome people.

Yesterday I met up with a New Friend and went to a trans thing and then out on anal St. One of our little gang does sex work and gets 100 pounds a blow job. Such an amazing rate!

I have met lots of fruity people over the last week or so, a good chunk of whom are middle aged or elderly transvestites. It's surreal to be sat in a pub with a bunch of 60-70 year old people with deep voices just hanging out but wearing dresses. All seemed lovely though, especially the elderly dude who was off duty but has a son who is also a transvestite and they go out together!

Oh and I also met another dude who might be joining one of the bands and sung enter sandman for the karaoke. And a Jewish gay lady whose mum was also gay and they were out as a family.

Canal street is really queer. Who knew?! I like being around my people and feel a tiny bit less of a freak :D

Tomorrow night I'm going with a friend to a queer poetry thing and then out afterwards.

Beats sitting at home playing destiny and trying not to cut myself, that's for sure, although I still feel like utter shite most of the time.

/blog ends

The new bjork's alright, isn't it?

Has anyone heard of mubi? It's like Netflix for film snobs. I just watched a Czech animation about humans being pets for aliens and it had a fusion jazz soundtrack.

Also, I am smoking again.

How is everyone?

What are your respective stories?

Palmer27

Hi BritGAF: I'm British and holy balls my accounts working!

From... Huntingdon
Work.. 6th Forming and scrounging for part time
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Compose a bloody lovely piece of music to be performed!
Favourite daytime TV show? The Apprentice
Fish or chips? Fish obviously
Daddy or chips? I'd rather have a Daddy, I'd rather eat chips.
What's your tipple of choice? tea.
Favourite party snack? Swausage roles
Who is the best bald person? Simon Miller
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Me Uncle's brother is comedian Tim Key
What's your perfect Sunday? Sleeping, friends, music+games and snacks.

NinjaBoiX

Glad you're keeping busy and meeting new people Beth. You've got a lot to give and people clearly want you in their life, remember that. Stay strong, think positive!

"You've got to keep on keepin' on."
- Otis Redding

;D

Life is good just mad busy at the mo. Work is crazy, student intake is coming up and the new site demands so much time to get it ready, which it clearly won't be! There are so many issues (no automatic door openers anywhere even though it's meant to comply with disabled access regs, faults all over the heating system, grounds not even close to be ready) but meh, I don't get paid enough to care too much!

Other than that, my schedule is packed until at least mid-Sept; at Mint this Friday and Saturday, CLV night out before work on Saturday too, my mate Jenna's back off to Australia next week so her leaving do is Sunday night. Working for Mint Lounge and Eilidh at Bluu all over bank holiday weekend, my step brother is back from Australia (ironically) early Sept so heading to Leeds to see him at some point, it feels like there aren't enough hours in the day right now.

So yeah, basically too busy for the next few weeks but I'm loving life. It's all gravy!

Qasiel

Glad to hear you're having some cool adventures, Sploat!

Cyprus smells like a wet fart. How long does it take to get used to a place's smell?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hi Palmer!

Glad to hear you're having some cool adventures, Sploat!

Cyprus smells like a wet fart. How long does it take to get used to a place's smell?

thanks!

The minute you get used to the smell is the minute your dreams die.

Think on it.

Thanks, sploatee, Mubi sounds amazing. Definitely signing up for that!

You're Tim Key's son?

It's good! I watched (or started watching) a Croatian film about identity last night. Head spinning.

Ashes

Banned
mother's brother in law's brother works that way. That person isn't necessarily your biological father's brother is it?

Society's changed just language hasn't caught up. Don't have to be married to have a kid, etc...

edit: Wait, on second thought, I've gone and confused my self. Lol.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Oh, for goodness' sake you lot!

Code:
                       ______________________________                     ________________________ 
                       |                             |                    |                       |
Palmer's Dad   =  Palmer's Mum               Palmer's Mum's Sister = PALMER'S UNCLE          PALMER'S UNCLE'S BROTHER
               |                                (PALMER'S AUNT)                                (Comedian Tim Key)
               |
           Palmer27

Oh, for goodness' sake you lot!

Code:
                       ______________________________                     ________________________ 
Palmer's Dad   =  Palmer's Mum               Palmer's Mum's Sister = PALMER'S UNCLE          PALMER'S UNCLE'S BROTHER
               |                                (PALMER'S AUNT)                                (Comedian Tim Key)
               |
           Palmer27

I still don't understand how Palmer's uncle's brother wouldn't be Palmer's uncle.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Can you marry into being an uncle?

(This conversation is so enthralling. Wow)

'course you can. If I were to marry your father's sister I would immediately without any further effort be your uncle.

EDIT: Palmer27, what have you unleashed here? Any more of this and BritGAF will turn into a genealogy thread and subsequently a branch of the Mormon Church.

Even though Andy and I have been together nearly 9 years, I don't call his sister's kids my nieces, and my brother's kids aren't his nephews. Is that weird?

This whole Tim Key stuff also reminds me that Taskmaster on Dave is very very funny. And incredibly silly, but it's making me laugh the most of comedies on right now.

Qasiel

EDIT: Palmer27, what have you unleashed here? Any more of this and BritGAF will turn into a genealogy thread and subsequently a branch of the Mormon Church.

Could be interesting, given my real name.

Even though Andy and I have been together nearly 9 years, I don't call his sister's kids my nieces, and my brother's kids aren't his nephews. Is that weird?

Sam calls Evie her niece, but I think it sounds a little strange but I don't know why. If any of her siblings spawned some kids I don't know how I'd feel about calling them a niece/nephew.

Sam calls Evie her niece, but I think it sounds a little strange but I don't know why. If any of her siblings spawned some kids I don't know how I'd feel about calling them a niece/nephew.

I think maybe it's different when you're married, but not being blood related it just always seemed odd to me

When you marry someone with a kid you don't become "mum" or "dad," you're a step-parent.

It seems weird to me that it would work that way with uncles and aunts who marry in. What about grand-parents? If a grandma remarried it wouldn't seem right to refer to the interloper as granddad.

Families are weird.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
When you marry someone with a kid you don't become "mum" or "dad," you're a step-parent.

It seems weird to me that it would work that way with uncles and aunts who marry in. What about grand-parents? If a grandma remarried it wouldn't seem right to refer to the interloper as granddad.

Families are weird.

It does seem strange when you put it that way.

Try another way though. Let's start with cousins - cousins are easy because you are cousins if you share a pair of grandparents. Now, the parents of your cousin are your aunt and uncle. And that stays the same even if they haven't had a baby yet. I think.

It all gets a bit tricky what with divorces and remarriages and not-marriages and so on - so I guess the concept is slipperier than I thought.

Families are weird.

But with the grandparents example - it depends if it predates you?

So I always saw it as I had three sets of grandparents (knowing why though), and did refer to each as Grandma/Grandpa - even if in two cases, only one of those is biologically correct. All the remarrying happened before I was born.

Though to complicate it, I think the Grandma/Grandpa label would have flexible use on the... married in pair.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
My cousins' mum died and their dad remarried, so is she my step-aunt?

That sounds good to me.

If they now have children they would be your half-cousins, as they would share half of one set of grandparents.EDIT: Oh wait - it depends if it was their mum or their dad who was your parent's sister. If your cousin's mum was your parent's sister then any new children are not related to you at all, but you might call her a step-aunt. If your cousin's dad was your parent's brother then any new children are full cousins and she is your auntie.

Bloody complicated this stuff. Has Palmer27 posted again or has he done a runner?

I have a step-grandma (still alive, so she must be really ancient by now), and two step-aunties who are about 20 years younger than me, and a couple or so of quarter-cousins who are about 8-ish. It gets complicated after that. Blame the post-war trauma for this particular knot in the family tree.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
this is all your fault
again.

Hi Mike,

Bit of an aside but would you be up for a photoshoot next year? Would like to get Sonia (our first customer in the actual shop) and you (our first mail-order customer) and XXXunknownXXX (our first online customer when I have got the online stuff done about next spring) together in beautiful harmony or something.

OK I understand that. Busy busy.

Would you say yes if free beer?

That's better.

Mikeside

Hi Mike,

Bit of an aside but would you be up for a photoshoot next year? Would like to get Sonia (our first customer in the actual shop) and you (our first mail-order customer) and XXXunknownXXX (our first online customer when I have got the online stuff done about next spring) together in beautiful harmony or something.

OK I understand that. Busy busy.

Would you say yes if free beer?

That's better.

That sounds great - I've been meaning to come and see the place anyway!
Let me know a bit in advance and I'll definitely be up for coming and saying hi.

This technically makes me a professional model, right?

NinjaBoiX

wFkMWp4.jpg

Family tree, Palmer...there's a joke in there somewhere.
I never get your jokes.

Top Bottom