• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

A new page.

Thank fuck.

I saw Inside Out today. It was good, several moments of feels, however it seemed like the execution did not live up to the concept, things get a bit muddled in the middle and there's a stuff in there that would fly a mile over most kids heads but wasn't particularly funny or interesting for adults either.

Final rating: DBTPN for Disjointed But Thought Provoking Nonetheless

I realised today that perhaps the best motivator for me is TERROR.

Specifically, the terror of shame, humiliation or some other damage to my social capital.

We've been without hot water for roughly two weeks now and as much as I'm enjoying the Guantanamo Experience in 4D when I take a shower in the morning, I'd like it to get fixed. So we have a third plumber in now who has decided to just gut everything and replace the entire boiler. This is fine, I'm not paying for it. However, the plumber requires access to all our rooms. When my landlady informed me of this, my blood turned to ice as I gazed around my room at the towers of crockery, formations of empty beer cans and the general scattering of trash. .

Deciding no one can ever know what la vida dapper looks/smells like I turned the place upside down and now I feel great about my minor accomplishment.

So really all I need to turn my life around is to be routinely filled with fear and dread.

Skele7on

Banned
A new page.

Thank fuck.

I saw Inside Out today. It was good, several moments of feels, however it seemed like the execution did not live up to the concept, things get a bit muddled in the middle and there's a stuff in there that would fly a mile over most kids heads but wasn't particularly funny or interesting for adults either.

Specifically, the terror of shame, humiliation or some other damage to my social capital.

We've been without hot water for roughly two weeks now and as much as I'm enjoying the Guantanamo Experience in 4D when I take a shower in the morning, I'd like it to get fixed. So we have a third plumber in now who has decided to just gut everything and replace the entire boiler. This is fine, I'm not paying for it. However, the plumber requires access to all our rooms. When my landlady informed me of this, my blood turned to ice as I gazed around my room at the towers of crockery, formations of empty beer cans and the general scattering of trash. .

Deciding no one can ever know what la vida dapper looks/smells like I turned the place upside down and now I feel great about my minor accomplishment.

So really all I need to turn my life around is to be routinely filled with fear and dread.

You wanted luigi out, should have shown him the room...

You wanted luigi out, should have shown him the room...

Well he is deathly afraid of being ill and he probably would have thought I had like ebola in there or some shit. Although he's also suspicious of various chemicals and would lecture me about how carcinogenic febreeze is or some shit.

A new page.

Thank fuck.

Gross you should really clean that shit up more often or you'll get crockery aids or something

in other news my new girlfriend just arrived after three phonecalls and we had sex for 3 hours she came a million times obviously

Gross you should really clean that shit up more often or you'll get crockery aids or something

in other news my new girlfriend just arrived after three phonecalls and we had sex for 3 hours she came a million times obviously

How many death threats did you make in the first two calls?

Wife is looking for a quiet weekend away before she pops, any recommendations for a nice quiet place to stay? I've checked airbnb but I don't know, my mind is can't focus it down.

ai1aE26.jpg

Hey, that's well within my price range!

£300 budget. Dog Friendly. She's currently 20 weeks pregnant, so nothing too strenuous. We've stayed up at http://www.callalycottage.com/ a few years ago and that was a nice relaxing retreat. I checked international, but man when did cheap flights disappear? There were plenty of flights to Geneva, which was pretty interesting. The only ferry's that leave from Newcastle go to Amsterdam, where we've been before. I guess we could drive down to the Channel Tunnel for France.

300 quid will get you an overnight stay in Geneva with no breakfast if you're lucky. It's not cheap.

I was optimistic as the flights were £40 per person RETURN, and there were some pretty cheap places on AirBNB. Is Geneva just an expensive place in general?

8bit

Knows the Score
I was optimistic as the flights were £40 per person RETURN, and there were some pretty cheap places on AirBNB. Is Geneva just an expensive place in general?

Aye, Switzerland is pricey and Geneva plays host to diplomats and others with expensive tastes. It is nice though.

Daffy Duck

Why are women so complicated FFS, and why are rental prices so bloody ridiculous?

I currently pay £750 pcm for a three bed house with garage and garden, now everywhere wants £800 plus for a smaller property.....what? Some of them are even flats.

Symphonia

Banned
Why are women so complicated FFS, and why are rental prices so bloody ridiculous?

I currently pay £750 pcm for a three bed house with garage and garden, now everywhere wants £800 plus for a smaller property.....what? Some of them are even flats.
Property prices in Stratford are fucking ridiculous, but it all depends on where abouts you're looking. It goes without saying that the closer to the town centre you go, the more you have to be prepared to pay, even for the smaller properties. I'd personally go for a property on the outskirts of Stratford or perhaps in one of the neighbouring villages. I live about eight miles from Stratford in a small village and pay £650 a month for a three-bedroom house in a quiet cul-de-sac. The location is nice and the distance to Stratford is easily managable, be it by car, bus, or bike.

Daffy Duck

Basically I'm looking at options ahead of the fallout if me and my GF split up (which at this point in time seems like an inevitability). :(

We have two kids who I would need to have room for when they stay with me. Factor in rent prices and then paying her something each month and bills it doesn't leave much to then be able to do anything with the kids at weekends.

Symphonia

Banned
Basically I'm looking at options ahead of the fallout if me and my GF split up (which at this point in time seems like an inevitability). :(

We have two kids who I would need to have room for when they stay with me. Factor in rent prices and then paying her something each month and bills it doesn't leave much to then be able to do anything with the kids at weekends.
Having been in a similar situation (split up with my partner whom I have a kid with), I can understand the pain. Luckily, given your location, there's quite a fair bit to do at the weekends without spending a lot. There is, of course, the recreational ground. You could put together a picnic, play football, or just let them go wild in the park. There's also Arrow Valley Lake in Redditch, or Hatton Country World for a small price. Think positive, pal.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

It depends so much on the individual property. I'm paying £725 for what claims to be a 2-bedroom flat, but it is enormous. Could probably accommodate about 12 people at a pinch. The wardrobe in my bedroom would be a bedroom in any other place. Look for late Victorian/early Edwardian places if there are any around - just avoid any that have rising damp and you'll be blessed.

Daffy Duck

Those edwardian places around here go for around £1,000+ for two beds. Lol

I've seen one place that's for £775 which is a two bed with garden, hopefully it's still available and there's some room to negotiate if needed.

There was a program on Channel 4 a few months ago following landlords and letting agencies that bought up entire streets. Most of those people didn't even live in the UK and left the properties to be managed by other people, it pissed me off. I have no proof, but you've got to imagine that's one reason private renting is so high at the moment.

The sad thing is that the owners didn't even give a shit about the properties or tenants, they just wanted the rent ticking over.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
/Blog post (spoilered in case you're not arsed)

So rehab is going well, shit loads of support groups of all flavours, lots of talking to therapists, psychs and doctors yadda yadda. New medications...I'm still no closer to figuring anything out but I have deduced that I am (a) not a transvestite and (b) not interested in sex work. So that's a start, I guess? Also, my pops is paying for me to have some more surgery in a couple of weeks :O, it's so amazing being reunited with him. He's like my best friend and it's so good having him back again with his amazing stories of weddings on rooftops in Marrakech and playing gigs in the desert that got interrupted by swarms of locusts. I think he feels bad about the last 10 years and this is his way of making up for it (even though I tried to tell him he didn't need to). Feeling like I might be able to start a phased return to work in a few weeks! Also, bands stuff going all great guns except I now seem to be in 4 bands (!), I'm just feeling out though to find the right match. Meeting a dude on Saturday who could be either The One or One of the Ones as he likes all music, likes early sub pop and Girls Against Boys and loves Gossip.

/Blog post

I'm playing way less games at the mo and feel better fer it, but I am still close to platinuming Bloodbone. First souls game I'll have platinumed! Then I'm going to try and spend a bit more time with Galak Z and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Gunstar Heroes on the 3DS if life doesn't get in the way.

What's everyone excited for this autumn? MGSV? I'm probably gonna skip it so it's gonna be Star Wars Battlefront for me I imagine (unless No Man's Sky comes out). Gonna cancel my Destiny Taken King collectors' pre-order - I think it's finally time I stepped off that train. I have too addictive a personality to cope with a game designed by psychologists to be insanely addictive :D

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Glad everything's going well, sploatee!

I can't play any games right now because the only thing on my mind is MGSV. I'll load up DS2, Witcher 3, Spelunky etc and just lose all interest. What's worse is the eggshells required to step on to avoid spoilers. I really hope Amazon deliver early :'(

NinjaBoiX

After my brief two week fling with Destiny and Dark Souls 2 my PS4 is once again sat gathering dust. I have a couple of boxed games and countless digital games completely untouched so I don't think I'll be buying anything for a while.

I want to play Bloodborne at some point but other than that it's really just Uncharted 4 that I'm actually excited to play.

I find the prospect of consuming a freshly laid turd sandwich and a mug of warm piss more appealing than playing MGS5.

Daffy Duck

After my brief two week fling with Destiny and Dark Souls 2 my PS4 is once again sat gathering dust. I have a couple of boxed games and countless digital games completely untouched so I don't think I'll be buying anything for a while.

I want to play Bloodborne at some point but other than that it's really just Uncharted 4 that I'm actually excited to play.

I find the prospect of consuming a freshly laid turd sandwich and a mug of warm piss more appealing than playing MGS5.

Lol, tell me about, I've not been as to get into a MGS game since MGS2.

Mikeside

MGS is gonna be legit. Keep your food fetishes to yourself, brah.

8bit

Knows the Score
/Blog post (spoilered in case you're not arsed)

What's everyone excited for this autumn? MGSV? I'm probably gonna skip it so it's gonna be Star Wars Battlefront for me I imagine (unless No Man's Sky comes out). Gonna cancel my Destiny Taken King collectors' pre-order - I think it's finally time I stepped off that train. I have too addictive a personality to cope with a game designed by psychologists to be insanely addictive :D

Everything's coming up Sploathouse! (Good to hear positive sounding things, hope it keeps up!)

I'm probably most enthused about Lego Dimensions solely for Lego Portal 2 because that's very much my kind of thing. Otherwise, Mad Max might be interesting but will hold off on reviews after Batman turned out to be so shitty.

Other than that, cautious on Fallout 4 as I'm a big fan of post apocalyptic stuff, Battlefront and maybe Tomb Raider if they manage to put some tombs in it this time.

Oh, oh and Yakuza 5.

NinjaBoiX

Oh hang on, Just Cause 3 as well. That game is going to be perfect to just blow off steam for half an hour or so every now and then.

MGS is gonna be legit. Keep your food fetishes to yourself, brah.
To be fair, I've heard that there isn't reams and reams of wanky, self-indulgent, cheeseball cutscenes this time and if Ground Zero's is anything to go by it might actually control fairly well too.

So maybe it won't be quite the mouldy old bucket of dull, corny, intolerable swill that was MGS4.

Skele7on

Banned
TPP is gonna be insane.

Hooks ready for Destiny

Star Wars Battlefront give me!

COD was really fun enjoyed the Beta.

Halo 5 AWWWEEE YES

I'm sure other games gonna be good, but those are my main offenders

Symphonia

Banned
I'm only looking forward to Phantom Pain so far. Much of the other AAA games coming out, I have no interest in.
Until Dawn out tomorrow, Phantom Pain on the 1st, as well as Mad Max, FIFA later on, and then Battlefront and Black Ops 3. The last quarter of 2015 looks great for games.

Oh hang on, Just Cause 3 as well. That game is going to be perfect to just blow off steam for half an hour or so every now and then.

To be fair, I've heard that there isn't reams and reams of wanky, self-indulgent, cheeseball cutscenes this time and if Ground Zero's is anything to go by it might actually control fairly well too.

So maybe it won't be quite the mouldy old bucket of dull, corny, intolerable swill that was MGS4.

I hope JC3 doesn't get ignored because of the late release. The second was so damn fun and ridiculous I began to wonder why you couldn't just grapel hook to safety after falling from a plane IRL.

I'm so out of what's going on with games right now. I'm still playing Injustice.

However I saw a trailer for Until Dawn yesterday and will definitely be getting that, it's right up my street. I loved Heavy Rain and LA Noire because they're the sort of games me and Andy can enjoy together, plus it's horror, one of my most favourite genres.

What's this Phantom Pain all about then? I've heard a couple of people mention it now.

NinjaBoiX

I recognise someone in here...
I hope JC3 doesn't get ignored because of the late release. The second was so damn fun and ridiculous I began to wonder why you couldn't just grapel hook to safety after falling from a plane IRL.
Oh man, I hammered JC2, used to sit getting stoned with the lads, listening to tunes and just passing the pad. Good times.

Musha, Quantic Dream are apparently releasing a Heavy Rain/Beyond:Two Souls double pack for PS4, would be a good chance to play Beyond if you haven't already. Until Dawn has been getting good write ups too.

Having a big house-warming-BBQ-thing this weekend. Gonna fucking piss it down obviously, but whatever. We have a ton of burgers, a ton of sausage, a ton of chicken-and-chorizo-and-pepper kebabs, chicken wings, big mushrooms, ribs AND I'm doing a pork shoulder in the slow cooker so people can shove some pulled pork on their burgers and hot dogs. And obviously nibbles (popcorn, sexy italian herby potatos, pasta, doritos and my HOME MADE pico de galo) and a WAFFLE STATION with a ton of waffle batter, ice cream, sauces, sprinkles, etc. AND we have a huge bar stuffed with spirits from all our trips to Gib, AND a load of beer and wine AND a giant 8 liter drinks dispenser which we're gonna make the worlds largest (maybe) Margarita in. It has a little tap, it's cute as shit.

See, the thing is we have (in the group coming) one couple who are notorious for throwing amazing parties, and another couple who are notorious for throwing shit ones. Like, super boring, cleaning up around your feet, asking if you've booked a cab yet etc. And it's not that we're competitive - I'm not bothered about "beating" the good guys - I just wanna make sure we're in the cool kid category rather than the shit-head one.

I keep wondering if I'm missing anything, but I don't think we are. I'll also have the football on the telly all day, and we have 7 people staying over. ARgghh.

Top Bottom