• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, man. That was a nice spread of stuff. I was really impressed with the atmosphere on that Ragga tune and the way the Bill Withers one built up really subtly. They were particularly:

aces.gif
Yeah, it's all about that flow. I actually fiddled around with the tracklist for a long time to get a nice ebb and flow going on.

Oh man, Martina is the bomb, love that girl's music. You should check out this record:

w7Gql0X.jpg

Martina Topley-Bird - Stevie's (Day's of a Gun)

Dark mane.

Some of the stuff she did with Tricky back in the day is amazing too:

Tricky feat. MTB - Christiansands

And Withers, well it's Withers. What can one really say about William Withers?
CHEEZMO™;153821066 said:
ninj and sploat I need timeframes for stuff saturday

deets
I think we're talking about NQ around tea time, maybe a bite to eat then drinks.

Sploatee?

I didn't get the night off work though, I'll have to love you and leave you guys around 9:45. I can get you free entry to Mint if you fancy a boogie though. It's Funkademia so soul, funk, hip-hop and R&B.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I want to listen to daps' mix next (feeling quite synthy) but I've lost all of the links and that.

Ninj that's a damn shame.

Erm....well. I'll check with E. Not sure about the food side of things yet (that's not a no or a yes - I just need to speak to my lover who is currently asleep as, being a primary school teaching type wakes up at 4am and falls asleep at 7pm on weeknights (and lo, the mystery of how I have so much gaming time is revealed).

Happy to go straight to Canal St to start, unless you feel passionately about NQ - I don't mind starting at NQ so do say.

The most time I can give is "Saturday evening". It'll be no earlier than 6pm though.

Well shit.

wCvlFsU.gif

Sploat if you still have dropbox there should just be a drop down list, I never used it again after sticking my mix in and it's a simple matter for me to find them all. I remember liking yours in that kind of zany way.

NinjaBoiX

I want to listen to daps' mix next (feeling quite synthy) but I've lost all of the links and that.

Ninj that's a damn shame.

Erm....well. I'll check with E. Not sure about the food side of things yet (that's not a no or a yes - I just need to speak to my lover who is currently asleep as, being a primary school teaching type wakes up at 4am and falls asleep at 7pm on weeknights (and lo, the mystery of how I have so much gaming time is revealed).

Happy to go straight to Canal St to start, unless you feel passionately about NQ - I don't mind starting at NQ so do say.

The most time I can give is "Saturday evening". It'll be no earlier than 6pm though.
Right fine, Canal Street with two lesbians and a gay dude it is. NQ is diverse, all encompassing and isn't skewed to one sexual orientation or the other, but fine!

You guys are so heterophobic man...

(Seriously though, that sounds cool sploatee. Why don't you, E and Cheez decide between you as it's more your collective stomping ground than mine. Let's say 7-7:30 onwards?)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Right fine, Canal Street with two lesbians and a gay dude it is. NQ is diverse, all encompassing and isn't skewed to one sexual orientation or the other, but fine!

You guys are so heterophobic man...

(Seriously though, that sounds cool sploatee. Why don't you, E and Cheez decide between you as it's more your collective stomping ground than mine. Let's say 7-7:30 onwards?)

Hahaha! I don't mind what heteros do as long as they do it in private. And seriously we can start in the NQ, it's not an issue. Let me speak to my owner when she gets back as I'm hopeless and then I'll provide an update.

Also not lesbians! Don't diminish our identities and label us! We're LGBTQIA+

NinjaBoiX

Canal Street is fine man, I was just jesting. I'm out round NQ before work tonight anyway, and most of the time I'm not drinking in Chorlton, the village will make a nice change! I like Canal Street mane, it's great in the summer.

Fuck that stupid acronym though, it's ridiculous.

MN8A5TL.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Canal Street is fine man, I was just jesting. I'm out round NQ before work tonight anyway, and most of the time I'm not drinking in Chorlton, the village will make a nice change! I like Canal Street mane, it's great in the summer.

Fuck that stupid acronym though, it's ridiculous.

MN8A5TL.gif

Hahaha. Fine fine I'll add a H to include heteros.

-

How is everyone today?

Good. Found out my new job title may involve the word FACILITATOR which, to me, sounds like the title of a shit 80s action movie.

You?

THE SCREAMING FACILITATOR.

MEAT FACILITATOR.

one of those should be your band's name. or our band's name. let's make a band. you can sing.

i'm not sure why i ever snoop around any 'anita sarkeesian' thread here. it always, always, devolves into a 'bu bu the quiet is naked because of reasons' and 'STOP TELLING MY ANIME WHAT TO BE LIKE' idiocy. ugh.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
THE SCREAMING FACILITATOR.

MEAT FACILITATOR.

one of those should be your band's name. or our band's name. let's make a band. you can sing.

Okay! Do we have to have singing? Can't we have Tom Waits style werewolf language?

i'm not sure why i ever snoop around any 'anita sarkeesian' thread here. it always, always, devolves into a 'bu bu the quiet is naked because of reasons' and 'STOP TELLING MY ANIME WHAT TO BE LIKE' idiocy. ugh.

Most of the internet are fuck sticks.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Good. Found out my new job title may involve the word FACILITATOR which, to me, sounds like the title of a shit 80s action movie.

You?

Tired. It's been a hell of a week. Of relevance to you: I've actually been drawn back into Lordran. Gatdamit! It just plays so well.

Also congratulations, facilitator. :)

You idiots picked the wrong night for a Manchester meet.

I'm nearby for tonight, you're a day late.

Gatdamit!

Cheez/Ninj - given that O. Bowen can only stay out till about 9.45 and we're not likely to make it out until about 8, shall we postpone for another time? Bowen, when are you likely to have the night free?

NinjaBoiX

Cool sploatee, we'll do it another night if you like. We'll plan it a bit further in advance so hopefully we can get Steve and that skeleton along too! Invite Graham and I'll get some of my pals along, make it a bit more of a crowd.

Maybe pick a night that there is a good gig on or something? Band On The Wall have some great nights coming up in March.

Let's call it postponed for now and we'll plan something else for March. I'll have to book a night off Mint two weeks in advance.

Another plan is a Sunday maybe? Hilary Step have a great jazz night on. And you and E still need to come to a wine tasting at Proof!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cool sploatee, we'll do it another night if you like. We'll plan it a bit further in advance so hopefully we can get Steve and that skeleton along too! Invite Graham and I'll get some of my pals along, make it a bit more of a crowd.

Maybe pick a night that there is a good gig on or something? Band On The Wall have some great nights coming up in March.

Let's call it postponed for now and we'll plan something else for March. I'll have to book a night off Mint two weeks in advance.

Another plan is a Sunday maybe? Hilary Step have a great jazz night on. And you and E still need to come to a wine tasting at Proof!

I did invite Gram but he could only make it for a bit because I didn't give him enough notice - I'm def. delegating arrangements to E next time!

March sounds good.

I really like this song:
Azaelia Banks - Heavy Metal and Reflective
Sunday nights are tricky because they're school nights for both of us.

Wine tasting sounds good :)

Fuck this thread has gotten so shit and boring since all the cool interesting people got banned. I know I don't post here much anymore but I still lurk and it seems like it barely moves on anymore.

I think BritGaf is slowly heading towards death's door.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this thread has gotten so shit and boring since all the cool interesting people got banned. I know I don't post here much anymore but I still lurk and it seems like it barely moves on anymore.

Is it ever busy on a weekend?

NinjaBoiX

It's only Jed and Jimmy that got banned, you make it sound like there's been this mass cull of super interesting posters.

Maybe the thread just lost it's mojo, maybe that's just how shit be.

mkuHNxW.jpg

I miss Cy's daily meltdowns about the girl in the local shop giving him a "funny look" when he was buying his microwave Sunday Dinner for One, and him consequently projecting his own insecurities onto the situation entirely without irony.

Symphonia

Banned
I miss Cy's daily meltdowns about the girl in the local shop giving him a "funny look" when he was buying his microwave Sunday Dinner for One, and him consequently projecting his own insecurities onto the situation entirely without irony.
And yet you've all made it perfectly clear I'm not welcome here.

banofypie

Banned
this thread needs a pariah for it to be interesting. this civility is ruining what was once a good thread. what we really need is our own jimmy saville. someone to direct all of our hate and anger towards.

perhaps someone irish.

or just cy again

Dawg

Wotcha everyone, I'm dawg. A Brit loike aw of ya.

Born and raised in london, a true brit is wot I am.

So... wot 're ya guys talkin' abaht in 'ere? I'd loike ter join the conversation.

Top Bottom