• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

so yesterday i came home to a handwritten note on the communal door telling me that the lock is going to be changed tomorrow morning. thanks for that. my girlfriend and i will now be a key short and of course our estate agent had no clue it was happening.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
i just worked out what my hourly wage is.

:D

I'm keeping schtum on mine!

Regardless of what it is, about 59.5% of it goes towards servicing the debt I incurred to get the training to get the career in the first place.

Although my last repayment is in 5 months! That will be the end of an 8 year loan!

Vashetti

Banned
I'm keeping schtum on mine!

I'll bite.

£6.73ph currently, it was £6.56 when I first started, but everybody's wages went up late last year after Co-op executives had a meeting.

Student Finance are sapping £10 off me every Friday too for an overpayment back when I was in uni. I'll have paid that off soon though so I'll be about £40+ better off per month too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'll bite.

£6.73ph currently, it was £6.56 when I first started, but everybody's wages went up late last year after Co-op executives had a meeting.

Student Finance are sapping £10 off me every Friday too for an overpayment back when I was in uni. I'll have paid that off soon though so I'll be about £40+ better off per month too.

I ain't biting, hell no.

But I will say that my hourly charge out rate is in the region of £550. It has no relation to my salary. But just so you know how valuable my posts are to BritGAF.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'll do it for £450.

--

Before I left the UK I was on about 10 quid an hour, although waged. That was 15 years ago.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'll do it for £450.

--

Before I left the UK I was on about 10 quid an hour, although waged. That was 15 years ago.

We should work together and invoice Evilore.

Did you ever see that funny letter chain between a lawyer and Pret?

He had to wait for a long time to get a coffee. So he sent them an invoice for his time. They responded by sending him a counter invoice for the time they spent reading his letter.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing!

Would you like a gift? I am not joking!

I have the limited edition of Dark Souls here for 360 with the art book, making of DVDs and soundtrack....

Thanks! It seems more like a sideways promotion, if you catch my drift.

That's sweet of you but I couldn't possibly... mainly because I have that too :)

Oh my. You have a PS3 now, right? Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon Souls!

Reknoc

That's sweet of you but I couldn't possibly... mainly because I have that too :)

But only because it comes with Shadow of the Colossus :p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Psch. A promotion is a promotion.

Ah! I was paying it forward, you see, Mr 8bit did me a solid and I wanted to pass it on.

Yep yep and yep!! I'm just trying to focus on one game at a time for now but there are loads of PS3 games I'm excited about trying. Ico and SOTC are definitely next.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Not as much as the clunk-a-thon that is Ico.

Oh! You can get GOD HAND on the PS3, sploats forget about all them other games GOD HAND

GOD HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!

Haha! If I listened to every recommendation in this thread I'd never have time to play any of the hot new games like The Order!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's okay you can play and finish the order in the time it'll take a PS3 to download and install GOD HAND

I'm not playing GOD HAND!

not until I've played Ico and SOTC, Demon's Souls, the Uncharteds, Heavy Rain, journey, resistance 3 etc etc etc

I just can't do it! There are too many games. Too many!

Btw, I think I am maining dual blades on MH. I like it. It makes me feel like a Dark Souls ninja.

Reknoc

I'm not playing GOD HAND!

not until I've played Ico and SOTC, Demon's Souls, the Uncharteds, Heavy Rain, journey, resistance 3 etc etc etc

I just can't do it! There are too many games. Too many!

Btw, I think I am maining dual blades on MH. I like it. It makes me feel like a Dark Souls ninja.

make sure to pack plenty of whetstones and dash juices!

Edit: hold on, why resistance 3 and not the other 2.

NinjaBoiX

make sure to pack plenty of whetstones and dash juices!

Edit: hold on, why resistance 3 and not the other 2.
Resistance 1 has aged horribly and feels barren, paper thin and inconsequential.

Resistance 2 is one of the worst games I've ever played and didn't even seem finished.

Resistance 3 is pretty decent though apart from the laughable audio lag.

Reknoc

Resistance 1 has aged horribly and feels barren, paper thin and inconsequential.

Resistance 2 is one of the worst games I've ever played and didn't even seem finished.

Resistance 3 is pretty decent though apart from the laughable audio lag.

Dunno about 1 as I've never played it but yea 2 was garbage I assumed 3 was as good.

NinjaBoiX

3 is decent man. There is this one stealth mission in a forest at night with a howling storm blowing through, it's well good.

The audio lag can be really distracting though, it's a couple of seconds behind at times.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
... what's going on

marvin-gaye.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I just got the "Firefly" trophy in TLOU. *Does a little dance, makes a little noise"

And I have decided to start Dark Souls again. But on the PS3 now because trophies.

I'm gonna make a post over on ye gaming side about suggestions for builds on a second play through where I played ninja-style on my first.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I just got the "Firefly" trophy in TLOU. *Does a little dance, makes a little noise"

And I have decided to start Dark Souls again. But on the PS3 now because trophies.

I'm gonna make a post over on ye gaming side about suggestions for builds on a second play through where I played ninja-style on my first.

Duel Shields or bust.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No way!

I ...ummm....went and created the exact same character I had last time. I like ninja-ness!

I'm gonna save Solaire this time though. And I'm gonna kill that bastard Lautrec.

And I might figure out how to use spells too.

I've never gone the spell route and I don't know why. You might want to keep an eye out for the Black Knight Halberd as an alternative though. It's a tasty tea time treat.

....aaaand we're back to Dark Souls XD

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I should have got that trophy, since I stopped half way.

ehehehehe

What does this mean?

I've never gone the spell route and I don't know why. You might want to keep an eye out for the Black Knight Halberd as an alternative though. It's a tasty tea time treat.

....aaaand we're back to Dark Souls XD

Ha! It's going to be a very, very slow playthrough. I realised after I started that it might be a bit too soon (although the opening cinematic made way more sense this time) and I might wait a year or two before playing it again.

Also, did you know you can stream video from your PC to the PS3? (of course you did) It's amazing!! I have loads of obscure films that are hard to find now and I can watch them on the TV. The future has arrived. It is 2015, baby!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It refers to the Josh Weldon TV show, Biffo the Space Vampire or something.

I know that one. I like Fay Weldon.

Work just gave me a 50 pound Amazon voucher for being generally incredible in all respects. Woo!

Show skeleton me your ! Did you see my post about it being cheap and offering to get you a few drinks? I won't ask again if you don't reply this time as that'd be a bit weird. I just like nice clear arrangements.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So.

So.

Listened to my first BritGAF comp, Ninj. 'Twas yours! Got a very cool, happy vibe from the whole thing. You are clearly a centred and zen individual who will take any opportunity to strut down a street to some syncopated slickness. Nice stuff.

Interestingly, I enjoyed the Hip-Hop and Soul stuff more than anything else, which is unusual for me. There was also a conspicuous lack of sassy, female-fronted song-smithery that took me by surprise. All in all, a fine listen.

Confusingly, that Hi-Standard track sounds like a naff Fugazi song sung by Guy Picciotto. How can you listen to that and not like Guy's voice?!

Standout tracks: Hero/Protagonist (you posted that here once, I believe) Kon Karne, Who Is He and Ragga (the clear winner!).

I will be keeping 4/13 tracks.

More to follow in the coming weeks.

ALSO: The aural fuckpig that sullied my iTunes with bloody Queen will rue the day.

Show skeleton me your ! Did you see my post about it being cheap and offering to get you a few drinks? I won't ask again if you don't reply this time as that'd be a bit weird. I just like nice clear arrangements.

oh my that. no i must decline your lovely invite despite it being lovely as i am awfully shy and don't want to impose.
thank you very much though and i hope i don't offend.

NEXT TIME THOUGH i shall be there. in spades.

NinjaBoiX

Nice one meat! Glad you enjoyed it mane. I tried to mix it up a bit, some of the tapes were a little one note, I got a bit bored halfway through a couple of them.

I often find the musical tastes of those interested in just a couple of genres tedious and lacking in perspective.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Nice one meat! Glad you enjoyed it mane. I tried to mix it up a bit, some of the tapes were a little one note, I got a bit bored halfway through a couple of them.

I often find the musical tastes of those interested in just a couple of genres tedious and lacking in perspective.

Yeah, man. That was a nice spread of stuff. I was really impressed with the atmosphere on that Ragga tune and the way the Bill Withers one built up really subtly. They were particularly:

aces.gif

So.

So.

Listened to my first BritGAF comp, Ninj. 'Twas yours! Got a very cool, happy vibe from the whole thing. You are clearly a centred and zen individual who will take any opportunity to strut down a street to some syncopated slickness. Nice stuff.

Interestingly, I enjoyed the Hip-Hop and Soul stuff more than anything else, which is unusual for me. There was also a conspicuous lack of sassy, female-fronted song-smithery that took me by surprise. All in all, a fine listen.

Confusingly, that Hi-Standard track sounds like a naff Fugazi song sung by Guy Picciotto. How can you listen to that and not like Guy's voice?!

Standout tracks: Hero/Protagonist (you posted that here once, I believe) Kon Karne, Who Is He and Ragga (the clear winner!).

I will be keeping 4/13 tracks.

More to follow in the coming weeks.

ALSO: The aural fuckpig that sullied my iTunes with bloody Queen will rue the day.

I think you should listen to mine next.

I'm not saying it's the best but it's fucking jolly good, so listen to it. If that doesn't sound too desperate.

Listen to it you fuckshit

7FaMn6p.gif

Top Bottom