• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brock Turner, Stanford sexual assault convict,to be released from jail 3 months early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagyhag

While I don't want someone to actually hurt the guy, I hope people don't forget in one week.

He may not be in jail, but that doesn't mean his life should be great now.

The victim won't ever forget, why should he?

Popped up on my Facebook from someone else: welcomed home.
Not that for a second I think the sentencing shouldn't have been 20,000 times more severe, but my hypersensitive opinion is that open carry mobs and vigilante chalk threats aren't the solution to any problem, because they only encourage that methodology to apply to less clear cut cases.

While I don't want someone to actually hurt the guy, I hope people don't forget in one week.

He may not be in jail, but that doesn't mean his life should be great now.

The victim won't ever forget, why should he?

Well he has to register as a sex offender doesn't he? That'll follow him around for life.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Not that for a second I think the sentencing shouldn't have been 20,000 times more severe, but my hypersensitive opinion is that open carry mobs and vigilante chalk threats aren't the solution to any problem, because they only encourage that methodology to apply to less clear cut cases.
True.

That said, lynch mobs are often a result of a broken justice system. Not condoning them, and there are definitely people who try to take justice into their own hands regardless of what happens in court (speaking generally), but often it is simply because justice has failed them.

Well he has to register as a sex offender doesn't he? That'll follow him around for life.

Not really. Guys like him tend to do quite well off their family's money and connections.

He'll get a good job somewhere based off that and the most he'll have to deal with there is people talking behind his back.

BriGuy

I like the photo of the cop shooting the shit with the protesters. Even he knows that sentence was BS. That said, I hope these protests don't escalate too much. I can't condone mob justice even though I'd really like to in some circumstances.

arya's prayer

Neo Member
Not that I agree with the sentence, but y'all do realize that this is how jail time works right? Unless you're doing flat time. Or fed time

But before my comment gets taken the wrong way, the sentence was bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom