• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons |OT| We are One (PC and PSN, Out now)

dc89

Why have I only just discovered this game?! It looks glorious. I will get it on PSN when it launches.

sure they're not the same team because this one is on a tighter budget. But atleast they still exists.

BrothersE3Screen5.jpg

beautiful atmosphere

LOVE this shot. Can't wait to play it.

Gowans

I've kept this off my radar, trying not to buy XBLA stuff now there's no BC but ill defo check the demo today, reviews seem ace.

Spades

Amazed that this is scoring so highly. I played a few hours last night and, whilst I did enjoy it, the controls do feel awkward at times.

It's a good game, very original, I just don't think it's deserving of 9+ which is seems to be scoring everywhere.

Hadn't really heard anything about this game, but saw the Edge and Polygon reviews earlier and it has piqued my interest.

Love this kind of laid back, relatively action-free game.

Gowans

Just played the trail.

It was really short but it took me from, what the hell this is it??? No this is not for me. To, man that was short but I want to play more.

What sealed the deal was the fact my little boy was watching and commenting, so ill play through with him watching.

Looking forward to this. Bit annoyed MS have paid for a month exclusive, but it's looking great. Shame I've got to wait until September to play it as there's a lot of other games out next month

StiLt

Wondered what had happened to this. Grabbing for sure. I love the compact format of a good sp story told in one sitting. Short and sweet.

Tizoc

September for PSN huh? No biggy, since Mickey Mouse is releasing in Sept. too~ lOOKING forward to it.

Clunker

I've never heard of this game until just now, but reading the Eurogamer review has me so immensely intrigued. I tend to like "experience" games so I'm totally in on this.

Karak

My review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORzcJI8mNrw

Though the game was good I felt it was overly cumbersome at times and in the end it didn't gel for me the way it seems to for many other reviewers though it is far from a bad game. For me it was just ok. The experience is definantly the game and that means it may speak differently to some gamers however.

Seems that the storytelling and the emotions in the game are what it's mostly praised for. Interesting what can happen with games when a real movie director directs the game.

Grisby

Some high review scores there. I'm going to be picking this up today and playing it while my Vita is charging for Dragons Crown.

Looking forward to it.

JudgeB

Banned
Even though I'm super-hyped, I honestly think that Swedish media might be prone to Fares-bias. I know I am. I love the dude, but I think I'll keep my expectations a bit lowered.

Pain in the ass that the PSN-release is that far ahead.

Then throw that review out if you feel there is bias lol, every other big game reviewer is giving it an 8 or higher so far :p. Plenty of 9/10 and 5/5 as well.

JudgeB

Banned
This wasn't really on my radar, but after seeing the scores, I can see why MS wanted it in it's SoA. I'll download the demo tonight and see what the buzz is about :)

Effect

Was it said if this was coming out on the Wii U sometime in the future? I remember reading that or perhaps the developers were hoping to release it on the Wii U eShop. I don't think I was imagining that.

Vert boil

Just completed it, it deserves the praise it's getting. I wasn't expecting as much from the game.
It's hard to say much else without giving too much of a hint about where the story goes but I'm going to play it again tonight.

There was the odd moment when the little brother was on the left of big brother instead of the right and my head melted. Just stopping and moving one of the brothers to his normal side will sort it out and you'll fall straight back into the game.

The only minor quibble is that I'd have preferred the triggers to toggle on and off in a few places (sitting) instead of holding them down all the time.

I am playing it right now, and I am surprised that budget starbreeze can deliver an emotional title like this. This is their best game after the original Riddick.

I hope we dont see another fps from starbreeze.

We need more games made by Swedish filmmakers... looks beautiful
Will purchase regardless of quality. Although, not sure about twin stick controls.

I am playing it right now, and I am surprised that budget starbreeze can deliver an emotional title like this. This is their best game after the original Riddick.

I hope we dont see another fps from starbreeze.

They can make an FPS as long as it uses an original concept like this. Two sisters in a Grim's Fairy Tales World shooting unicorns!

bryehn

Looks great, but I'm a bit concerned because I have trouble with controls like this due to palsy. Is it fairly slow-paced?

Lima

What a fantastic little game. I love the times when it is messing with your head, not frustrating or confusing at all though.

failgubbe

Just finished the game and i thought it was great and very emotionel though the two stick controls felt a bit wierd at times but you got into it after a while

There was the odd moment when the little brother was on the left of big brother instead of the right and my head melted.

I also had that problem

Lima

Btw how does this game work on PC if you play without a gamepad? Big brother with WASD and little brother with the arrow keys?

Vert boil

Looks great, but I'm a bit concerned because I have trouble with controls like this due to palsy. Is it fairly slow-paced?

Yep, slow-paced for the majority of the game with only a few short fast-paced bits but all you have to do is steer and press the action button.

You should give the demo a try first to make sure. It's hard to say without knowing your limitations but using both sticks and holding down the triggers for extended periods is fairly vital. I'd have to check again to be certain but I don't remember there being an option to switch the bummers and triggers.

Is it just the demo that's up in NA? Full game comes later today right?

I only saw the trial available this morning but once you download it, you can unlock it through the trial version itself.

I played the trial this morning and loved it. We need more "experience" games. Will buy when I get home from work tonight.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah it's not available to purchase and it isn't featured on the store as of yet. I had to go into the alpha menu to find the trial to download.

Is there a certain time that their "summer of arcade" starts?

Grisby

Yeah, I'll probably end up doing that.

Gonna be interesting to see my two brain hemispheres fighting each other in this game.

Top Bottom