• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to revamp with 'edgy, futuristic' look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcdonalds has been redoing all their stores since 2005.

I havent seen a redone store in the US yet.

These things take a very long time.

ZeoVGM

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Mcdonalds has been redoing all their stores since 2005.

I havent seen a redone store in the US yet.

These things take a very long time.

Haha yeah, I remember that news.

Sean

Banned
It looks pretty cool but it's been a while since I ate inside a fast food restaurant. I almost always use the drive through or get it to go.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
akachan ningen said:
Looks like shit. I wish more burger joints had the rustic look like farmer boys.

450px-Farmer_Boys_LA_inside.jpg

That's quite a winner. I don't see how anyone can find appeal in what is in the OP.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I like steak sauce on my burgers. BK puts steak sauce on their burgers. I eat BK burgers.

Steak sauce already makes you edgy BK. No need to front.

Ether_Snake said:
That's quite a winner. I don't see how anyone can find appeal in what is in the OP.

I thought we were talking shitty fast food... not good fast food. If you want to know the difference... just see if the establishment in question offers a dollar menu. If so, they are shitty fast food. If not, they don't belong in a thread about burger king.

cashman

Banned
StoOgE said:
It looks nice.

A lot like a chain in Texas called Freebirds (think Chipotle, but actually good).

However.. is it 300-600K per location good? Probably not.
there's one near my house, I still haven't tried it yet :(

Looks pretty cool, however all these older restaurants changing how they look makes me sad, its a step away from the old times and reminds me of my favorite fast food joint...

Hot N' Now

Only a few locations left. :(
luckily there all within the state I live. It was my first fast food restaurant, so it has a special place in my heart.

sounds cheesy but I miss it

Meier

SnakeXs said:
More proof that the Second City is worthy of the name?
We have very few typical fast food joints here (they're in the burbs and stuff though). In the city, it's mostly sandwich chains although McD's are somewhat prevalent since they're based out of Chicago.

There's apparently 1 in the Loop..never noticed it somehow. One up near DePaul but the rest are all in parts of the city I don't venture to so I guess that explains it. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
CrazedArabMan said:
Looks pretty cool, but since there will always be one fast food restaurant that is very close to my heart.

Hot N' Now

luckily there all within the state I live. It was my first fast food restaurant, so it has a special place in my heart.

At least it's still in your state... I grew up in Jersey and then moved away... I would rape a hobo for some White Castle.

Vyer

That farmer bros restaurant looks like someone took a Golden Corral out back and beat the shit out of it with a Cracker Barrel.

omg rite said:
Haha yeah, I remember that news.

Really? They're pretty frequent in Ohio. They made them all pretty modern looking and most now include a coffee bar and a game area with touch screen video games.

mcdonalds-inside.jpg

That's what most of the bigger ones in Ohio look like. My mom's construction company handled most of them.

mollipen

Ether_Snake said:

I can't see what you find appealing about that place. If I want to eat somewhere "homey", guess what, I'll eat at home.

Alphahawk

Vyer said:
That farmer bros restaurant looks like someone took a Golden Corral out back and beat the shit out of it with a Cracker Barrel.
:lol :lol :lol But seeriously that Farmer Bros pic looks horrible...

benjipwns

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Looks pretty cool, however all these older restaurants changing how they look makes me sad, its a step away from the old times and reminds me of my favorite fast food joint...

Hot N' Now

recklessmind said:
At least it's still in your state... I grew up in Jersey and then moved away... I would rape a hobo for some White Castle.
The headquarters was in my hometown. The company went out of business and granted the license name to all the individual owners, so they're still where the franchisees can afford to keep it in business. And over time that shrank quickly. I think it's about five left, all in Michigan.

Luckily, there's one where I live now, even if they went back to their old "dirty and cheap but I like it" instead of their delicious Angus style right before bankruptcy.

8bit

Knows the Score
The Burger King in Basel looks like that since it opened about 4 years ago, so I guess this has been planned for a while. The German McDonalds are kind of odd too, they're half Starbucksish-cafe/half restaurant.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
akachan ningen said:
Looks like shit. I wish more burger joints had the rustic look like farmer boys.

... damn, that looks like a nice joint to eat at.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
The burger king by my place has The steakhouse xt burgers. let me tell you, they are good, really good and Suprisingly filling.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what are the 60 locations all around the world? Is one in amsterdam? when I saw the picture I though 'hrm, looks the same' but I don't know why. I barely look at anything in a burger king except the menu and the greasy overweight person taking my order anyway.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hmm the Burger King being built next to me doesn't look like it will have this interior.
I also don't like it.

Reminds me of the rocket arcade in Toy Story though.

UFRA

akachan ningen said:

Ugh, I absolutely despise restaurants that have those rustic hick-town looks to them. *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom