• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 3 - NFSU product placement...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Played this at gamestars, and when a friend of mine had his turn, the track he played on had huge billboards trackside with NFSU2 posters on :)

I can just imagine the scene at Criterion when the EA producer turns up with his evil henchmen.

"We love your game, but would you mind advertising another of our extreme type racing games in yours?"

All they need now is to buy Juiced from the ashes of Acclaim and they have all bases covered!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
sure, but NFSU2 is particularly close to the bone.

I guess if you've already bought the game its not too bad, but still feels a bit cheeky.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I hope BO3 and OR2 sell 64842410 copies while NFSU2 sells 10.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
segasonic said:
I wonder what the technical masterminds at Criterion think of NFSU2's jerky sub 30fps graphics. :D

I'm sure they smile to themselves everytime they see it...

BO3 is a technical masterpiece. I'd say it's the best looking arcade racer ever made (though, there are still some I prefer in terms of artistic design)!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I was going to ask if this is really the best game to be putting advertisements into, seeing as how you're barreling around in excess of 150 mph and spending more time on smashing up opponents...but it seems no one's really having all that hard a time picking up on the ads...

Agent X

kaching said:
I was going to ask if this is really the best game to be putting advertisements into, seeing as how you're barreling around in excess of 150 mph and spending more time on smashing up opponents...but it seems no one's really having all that hard a time picking up on the ads...

I'd say a racing game like this is a good place for ads. Even if the player is too occupied to bother checking out the ads, anyone else watching the game being played should see them. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh and I finally got around to playing NFSU. Damn, this game is BORING. It feels like I'm racing the same tracks over and over again. And it feels like I'm battling against the wonky physics or track design rather than the other racers

This has been done for a while now. Gran Turismo comes to mind with car and accessory companies...

It's all under one company now anyway. There's surely some competition between studios, but who's to say that BurnOut 3 won't make an appearance in NFSU 2?

Top Bottom