• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojiimbo

EDIT: Phone has been sold.

Looking to sell a 32GB AT&T iPhone 4.
dRcJb.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/QUAFm/
(Extensive album with large photographs here. Click on the cog on the upper right corner to get full resolution. Some of them have annotations to help illustrate the few physical imperfections.)

• The phone has never been dropped and the exterior is in great condition(no cracks, dents, shatters or water damage.)
  • The back is in pristine condition since I've always had a rear glass protector on it(it seemed to be more a static cling type protector than a sticky glue type protector.)
  • The front glass is in great condition except for a single "small eyelash" size scratch that is very difficult to see in regular usage unless you're on an all white screen and scrutinize it.
  • The metal band around it is also in great condition except for a few tiny discolored specks on the band that you don't notice regularly.
  • The battery still lasts a reasonable amount of time and is comparable to how long it lasted when I first got it. This isn't like when you get an iPod with a worn battery that takes forever to charge and depletes in 20 minutes.
  • Unfortunately the phone has a stubborn home button where it's not responsive a lot of the time(which apparently is not a very uncommon defect.) The home button doesn't feel any more loose, mushy or less tactile than a brand new button, the internal click sensor thing must just be defective/unresponsive. It's been steady in this condition for around a year so I don't think it'll get much worse. I use the phone daily for 2+ hours of real usage and it's still very usable and in practice is mostly a bigger nuisance when trying to get the multitasking widget to show up. If this bothers you enough iOS has a software home button available built into the OS. It's a small translucent virtual nub that you can reposition around the screen border which minimizes the problem. You click the virtual nub and it brings up four buttons, one of which is a software home button. Better explanation of that >>here<<. I've tried this for the last week and it works fine as a work around. Again, aside from the last week I've been using the iffy hardware button for the last year and it's usable, it's mostly a bigger nuisance when you want to bring up the double click/triple click tasks like the multitasking widget or autolaunching the voice control feature, if you want to just be thrown back to the home screen it's a only few second long nuisance until you give it a few more clicks to get it to activate.
  • Despite this, every other feature works 100% good as new. The camera, flash, power button, volume up/down buttons, headphone port, dock port, speaker, microphone and silence switch all work without any kinks whatsoever.
  • It has never been jailbroken and is on 6.0 firmware.
  • The phone isn't unlocked right now but I'll have it done as soon as I can get an iPhone 5 from AT&T, which might be as soon as tomorrow. Once that is done it will be usable on T-Mobile in addition to AT&T and Straight Talk which it can natively be used on.

I have a bunch of feedback on here, enough to have Gold trader status on the feedback list.

Looking for $180USD via Paypal including USPS Priority Mail shipping with delivery confirmation and insurance. For now I'm only looking for U.S. buyers. I know the big market is international for these but AFAIK there's no reasonably priced insured international shipping service that gives you discrete tracking all the way through across borders. I really don't like the idea of sending it without real tracking when the customs declaration label exposes the contents pretty easily.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it.

---

I also have one copy of the Saints Row 3 Franchise Pack(includes the base game on Steam plus all the DLC except for 1 vehicle pack) for $13 USD via Paypal. Just for clarification, I can trade or gift you the game within Steam, it's not a serial key.

I5bBB.jpg

PM me here or friend me on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mojimbo

CatPee

Sheesh, there are GAFers in Fargo and MN? They're closer than I thought.

Anyway, I'm looking to sell my PS3 copy of Dark Souls CE. $17 shipped, I guess?

Ephemeris

Positive Feedback for bearcatjosh.

The bear cub arrived safe and sound. Excellent packaging.

bohoa.jpg

not sure what to do with the Vita he threw in. :/

Jak140

Kunohara

I have three Borderlands 2 keys (including pre-order bonus dlc) from a 4-pack I bought that I want to sell for $35 each. PM me for Paypal info if you're interested.

I've been a part of some other Paypal 4-packs in the past for reference:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32960326&highlight=paypal#post32960326
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19132457&highlight=paypal#post19132457

Positive feedback for Jak140. Damn that was the quickest transaction I've ever done.

Leaving positive feedback for schnell

Great transaction with gift cards.

Still trading my Amazon gift cards for your Best Buy gift cards until tomorrow :)

I am looking to buy a copy of Crisis Force for Famicom for a decent, uninflated price, between $25-$35 if possible. Box or no box either is fine.

daevv

Anything that can be done in this case.

Bought Dragon's Dogma used off a seller for $35 when it showed up I was charged additional $39.92 for COD. So I've paid $74 for a used game I've seen for $39 when on sale. I've never had this happen before when getting a game from the US (I'm in Canada). Is it because it was sent through UPS with a tracking number?

Tank

Neo Member
I am selliing a White 16GB iPhone 4s for AT&T networks. Great shape, screen is flawless, like new except for a few small scratches on the bottom corners of the phone. Home button works perfectly, as does rest of phone. Will come with box and charger and headphones. $350 shipped. I will consider offers though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Anything that can be done in this case.

Bought Dragon's Dogma used off a seller for $35 when it showed up I was charged additional $39.92 for COD. So I've paid $74 for a used game I've seen for $39 when on sale. I've never had this happen before when getting a game from the US (I'm in Canada). Is it because it was sent through UPS with a tracking number?

No. I send stuff to Canada occasionally. Either the seller screwed you (I really was not aware that CoD was a thing individuals could do - companies can sometimes, if they have an account) or, more likely, the delivery guy screwed you by making up a bullshit charge. I would contact your particular shipping center and the seller and ask what's up.

daevv

Thanks. I've sent a PM to the seller. It was Purolator that delivered it. The UPS box had a big COD clear bag stuck to it with the slips in it. One for Purolator and one for me. My brother works for Purolator and said that's legit and he also said only thing I can do is to call UPS to disbute the charges but also said "good luck with that". :(

NYCrooner

If I can build up the energy to wait on line and pick up an iPhone 5 this weekend, my iPhone 4S 64GB is up for sale. Case and screen protection since day one. $400 shipped.

Check GAF and eBay feedback. I rock.

sladeums

Thanks. I've sent a PM to the seller. It was Purolator that delivered it. The UPS box had a big COD clear bag stuck to it with the slips in it. One for Purolator and one for me. My brother works for Purolator and said that's legit and he also said only thing I can do is to call UPS to disbute the charges but also said "good luck with that". :(

I would assume those were UPS brokerage fees plus taxes.
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

UPS typically would not inform the sender of these fees at the time of shipment as they are considered the recipient's responsibility.

Zing

Banned

Yes. Anything sent to you UPS Ground from the USA will hit you with huge brokerage fees.

Nothing can be done, other than you refusing the shipment.

Zing

Banned
I'm still looking for the following Super NES games:

Harvest Moon
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinstrals
On The Ball
Plok
Wild Guns
Axelay

PM me if you have any of the above to sell or trade.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

sladeums

Well, then, people of Canada have just been getting hit with these fees ITT and haven't said anything???

Man, Canadians really ARE easy going....

I think most avoid by having items under-valued for declaration, declared as gifts, and/or preferably shipped by someone other than UPS.

Ramma2

Selling off my GBA SP AGS-101. Screen is flawless, not a ding or scratch. Outside has seen some use from its previous owner, scratches in the plastic, etc. AC Charger is included. Works perfectly!

Also selling the EZ Flash for GBA SP. Uses a miniSD card which I am also including, of the 1 GB variety. Comes with standard SD card adapter.

Sold!

+1 Positive feedback for nicoga3000

He bought a Vita game, paid quickly, and had great communication throughout the transaction! Thanks again!

malfcn

I'm in Phoenix right now for work. So I wasn't there to sign for the package. I'll be home tonight so I should be around tomorrow when they re-deliver and then we'll see what's up.

Nice! Let me know if you need any recs/etc. I've got a friend in Fargo. We should do a regional meet up or something. That'd be fun. Anyway, back on topic!

So, it is delivered..

Seik

Banned
I think most avoid by having items under-valued for declaration, declared as gifts, and/or preferably shipped by someone other than UPS.

Since I had a couple of bad experiences on Ebay with UPS, I always ask someone in the US, Ebayer or GAFer, to ship the stuff with USPS.

To give an exemple, last year on Ebay I won an auction for Parasite Eve 2 with the guide, all for US40$+8$ for shipping. We actually never discussed about which company would bring the stuff to me...

A week later, that UPS guy comes to my door with the package and demands something around 35$ for the C.O.D Brokerage Fee, credit card right now or I don't have my package... Astonished by the high fee, since I already paid for the shipping, I refused the package and returned it to the seller. He wasn't happy because he had to pay that fee too when the package came back to him, so he asked me an extra 25$ to cover a part of those fees and the shipping so I can get it back.

I concider myself lucky he only asked 25$ so I did it, but in the end, something that was supposed to be 50$ and for me was concidered a big deal, finished with me paying 75$+.

So yeah, for US - Canada transactions and vice versa I strongly recommend using USPS. UPS is shit for everything international, not like a little tiny shit, more like a big steaming pile of stinking dung. As long as its local its pretty much efficient though.

Well crap. It's come to my attention that I MAY have shipped some wrongs games to some wrong folks during my big, crazy sale. And to make matters worse, I cleaned out my PM inbox and don't know exactly who ordered what.

If you ordered ANY BATTLEFIELD GAME FROM ME, PM me ASAP (sk3tch, ignore this).

JaskoX1

Banned
*******SOLD******

Selling my Steam account. I need money for a solid pair of work boots for my new job and I don't have time for gaming :/ $70 (will go lower in price) message me

Games on it:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Call of Duty 4: Modenr Warfare, Counter-Strike: Source , Deus Ex: Game of the year Edition, Alpha Protocol, Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, Fallout: New Vegas, GoldenEye: Source, Grand Theft Auto lll, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Deathmatch, Half Life 2: Episode One, Two, and Lost Coast, Hitman: Blood Money, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Medal of Honor, Portal, Civilization V, Star Wars - Battlefront II, Team Fortress 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, The Ultimate DOOM

JaskoX1

Banned
I also have my EA origin account for sale; has Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 2, Mirrors Edge, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Crysis 2 on it. PM me an offer

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Well crap. It's come to my attention that I MAY have shipped some wrongs games to some wrong folks during my big, crazy sale. And to make matters worse, I cleaned out my PM inbox and don't know exactly who ordered what.

If you ordered ANY BATTLEFIELD GAME FROM ME, PM me ASAP (sk3tch, ignore this).

I didn't order a BF game but my games arrive today. I will let you know if all is well when I get out of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom