• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk3tch

Wow. Not even sure what to think. He shows empathy and he even sent me the $100 (from another PayPal account). Seemed sketchy but whatever. I guess we'll see what shows up from FedEx in a couple of days.

EDIT: It seems from the evidence that he's just looking to downgrade to a $300 card (now that the 660 series is out) because they have comparable performance to the 680 for less money. The charge back was probably his way of trying to recoup his investment costs and move to the 660 with no loss.

I don't even know what to think or believe from this guy now. All I can hope for is that this video card shows up functional. I wonder if it's even worth accepting the package? That seems to have inherent risk here, too.

EDIT2: Just going to trust this guy and hope for the best. I've had enough stress with this.

Aselith

Wow. Not even sure what to think. He shows empathy and he even sent me the $100 (from another PayPal account). Seemed sketchy but whatever. I guess we'll see what shows up from FedEx in a couple of days.

EDIT: It seems from the evidence that he's just looking to downgrade to a $300 card (now that the 660 series is out) because they have comparable performance to the 680 for less money. The charge back was probably his way of trying to recoup his investment costs and move to the 660 with no loss.

I don't even know what to think or believe from this guy now. All I can hope for is that this video card shows up functional. I wonder if it's even worth accepting the package? That seems to have inherent risk here, too.

Since you are dealing with pp on this, you might check in with them and see what they recommend.

NoRéN

EDIT2: Just going to trust this guy and hope for the best. I've had enough stress with this.
He better not chargeback this payment.

Seriously sketch, you are one patient dude. I cant believe how well you have been handling this.

WTS: iPhone 4s 16gb Verizon White

Pending being sold

Great condition. Will upload photos later since I don't have my camera on me, and upon request for any specific angles.

Reclaimer

Edit: all sold out for now! Let me know if you want me to PM you when I have more.

Selling: PSN Cards

I have a bunch of $50 and $20 PSN and Xbox points cards that I'm looking to sell, each at face value.

I know it's not an amazing deal, but if someone out there wants to snag a few using Paypal instead of a credit card with Sony/MS, this could be a way. :)

If interested, let me know. I could either mail you the un-opened/scratched card, or send you the code in an email. I have 100% feedback on eBay.

Aselith

Selling: PSN Cards

I have a bunch of $50 and $20 PSN and Xbox points cards that I'm looking to sell, each at face value.

I know it's not an amazing deal, but if someone out there wants to snag a few using Paypal instead of a credit card with Sony/MS, this could be a way. :)

If interested, let me know. I could either mail you the un-opened/scratched card, or send you the code in an email. I have 100% feedback on eBay.

You can't take a few bucks off the face value? There are lots of ways to buy cards with paypal so dropping it to 18 for 20 and 47 for 50 or whatever would actually get you some interest.

Reclaimer

You can't take a few bucks off the face value? There are lots of ways to buy cards with paypal so dropping it to 18 for 20 and 47 for 50 or whatever would actually get you some interest.

I'm not desperate to get rid of em, and by the looks of my PM inbox, I have plenty of interest in em. ;)

NoRéN

Considering that the 4000 point xbl card go on sale for $40 often, I would have to agree. Also, xbox accepts paypal as well so no need for a credit card there.

US seller/PayPal only. Prices are shipped.
Positive feedback on GAF and on CAG.

Official Sony PS3 Bluetooth Headset - $18 (bought brand new, barely used)
Official Microsoft X360 White Wireless Controller - $20
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Mark of Mastery Edition - $85 (sealed)

_MG_6368.jpg

_MG_6370.jpg

Dropped some prices and also adding:

Darksiders II (includes Argul's Tomb code, but online pass used) - $30
Binary Domain - $20
Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset (works for PC) - $65

DA8FAE68-13D7-44C1-A281-0E1ACE47D3A3-20307-0000141CEE79E731.jpg

_MG_6219.jpg

Risible

For sale: Borderlands 2 SOLD

So apparently as I get older I'm getting a lot more forgetful as it seems I not only got in on the awesome Greenman Games deal for Borderlands 2 but I also got in on the awesome Newegg deal on Borderlands 2. SURPRISE! :) So now I have an extra boxed copy of Borderlands 2 sitting here. My old-guy forgetfulness is your gain.

So, you Paypal me 40 clams and I'll PM you the code and you can play an awesome game. Sound cool? I'm a NeoGAF Gold seller.

knee

For sale: Borderlands 2 $40

So apparently as I get older I'm getting a lot more forgetful as it seems I not only got in on the awesome Greenman Games deal for Borderlands 2 but I also got in on the awesome Newegg deal on Borderlands 2. SURPRISE! :) So now I have an extra boxed copy of Borderlands 2 sitting here. My old-guy forgetfulness is your gain.

So, you Paypal me 40 clams and I'll PM you the code and you can play an awesome game. Sound cool? I'm a NeoGAF Gold seller.

System? PC?

Lombaszko

Hello,
I'm looking to BUY some original NES games.
My wife and I are giving our son a NES for Christmas, so now we need some games!
Here's a list of specific titles I'm looking for, but feel free to send me a list of any other NES games you might want to sell.

-Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
-Contra
-Duck Tales
-Mega Man 2
-Mega Man 3
-Tetris
-The Legend of Zelda
Thanks very much.

sk3tch

Positive feedback for Seanbob11! Sold me a Borderlands 2 Season Pass (Steam). Great transaction. I believe he has one more - so hit him up!

xaosslug

Basically this. I've shown him a preview of the site if it were to launch. So that's my only real leverage now (and the fact that I'll run it for years if necessary so future employers will see it when they do background checks). I'm just going to wait this out until the card arrives. Not sure if I will accept it or refuse the package. At this point I guess I just need to accept it and recognize that I've pretty much been hosed. The funny thing is he did the charge back last week and the only time any action occurred on his side was when I started posting on NeoGAF. So basically the public shaming has been all that has worked and it moved him to ship the card back. It'd be one thing if he offered to ship it back first - but no...he tried to do the charge back so he could get his money and keep the card too. That's what's the bummer. He would have ran off had I not tried to contact him and post on GAF about it.

He said I can sell it and get the money blah blah but I informed him of the depreciation, etc. and also the simple logic failure that if it's so easy to sell to get the money then why did he not do this?

It's just a real painful situation. Dude is young and made a dumb mistake and is screwing someone over. He's apologetic but then the next moment he's like "there's nothing you can do about it." My bro needs cash so I'm selling stuff for him on eBay but he won't get any of that money because my account is locked at -$450. I contacted PayPal and they said it will take at least 30 days for a verdict.

Just bums me out because at the time it was a great deal for all. $450 shipped for a like new GTX 680 when they were hard to find. Cost me $20 to ship because I sent it with insurance maxed and signature required. Today, if I sold it, I'd be lucky to get $400 shipped for it. Not to mention the time wasted in dealing with this. He states his parents have been involved but I am pretty sure he hasn't roped them into this at all. Because if he did, they would have at least called me or talked to me about the situation and understood that they need to make things right and make this kid of theirs pay them back or something.

really feel for you, sk3tch my man. But I'm totally in awe of the action you've taken. :-D When I was scammed out of $225 Amazon credit by LocoMrPollock last year I really had no hope for recompense, and had to just eat the loss. :-( The whole fiasco is the reason why I haven't been participating in the thread as much as I used to.

anyway, sorry you had top go through this kind of thing.

Selling a copy of Suikoden. The case is in normal useage given its age but the disc is fairly beat-up. No manual.

Also selling these CE. These are all in great condition with everything included except for any DLC and NO GAMES included. Mainly for those who want to collect the nice steelbooks and extras.

vgachi57

NoRéN;42302660 said:
Considering that the 4000 point xbl card go on sale for $40 often, I would have to agree. Also, xbox accepts paypal as well so no need for a credit card there.
actually buy.com is selling xbl 1600 pts for $15 today on ebay. i know linking to outside sites when trying to sell our own goods is against rules but does it count if this is a company sale?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150904113115

figured this would help some people out :)

Sanjuro

I have a Guild Wars 2 account. Haven't really played it at all, not quite sure why I purchased the game in the first place. Only have played it for about an hour.

Looking for $20 for it.

Can't change the login information. I have no problems changing the password and giving to someone else. Great for someone looking to just try it out or simply want an account.

I haven't posted in the thread in some time, but I have hundreds of feedback on this site alone.

AwRy108

I have a Guild Wars 2 account. Haven't really played it at all, not quite sure why I purchased the game in the first place. Only have played it for about an hour.

Looking for $20 for it.

Can't change the login information. I have no problems changing the password and giving to someone else. Great for someone looking to just try it out or simply want an account.

I haven't posted in the thread in some time, but I have hundreds of feedback on this site alone.

Wow, killer freakin' deal here--I already bought an account off of someone, but I'll ask around for ya', too.

NoRéN

really feel for you, sk3tch my man. But I'm totally in awe of the action you've taken. :-D When I was scammed out of $225 Amazon credit by LocoMrPollock last year I really had no hope for recompense, and had to just eat the loss. :-( The whole fiasco is the reason why I haven't been participating in the thread as much as I used to.

anyway, sorry you had top go through this kind of thing.
Completely forgot about that. Shame you're not selling much anymore, you were one of the Gold sellers before the feedback system was in place.
actually buy.com is selling xbl 1600 pts for $15 today on ebay. i know linking to outside sites when trying to sell our own goods is against rules but does it count if this is a company sale?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150904113115

figured this would help some people out :)
Got in on the deal before it expired so thanks!

AwRy108

How did you do it? Just change the password?

There really aren't too many options in the account management.

He sold me the account w/ all the login credentials. Once I logged in from my location, the URL sent him a security email asking him to verify the new login location, which he did. After those few steps, I logged in with the original credentials, changed the account password, removed all other verified login locations from the account, and done.

Only issue that exists currently is that they removed the ability to change the email address of the account--the options was originally there, but it was always janky, so they just took it down. I imagine it'll be put back up at some point, but who knows when; until then, you need to make sure you're forwarding all account-related emails to the new owner. I doubt there will ever be any UNLESS they're security related, but those are also important, so...

If your "customer service" is a great as Istaerion's is, then your buyer will be in good hands.

Istaerion

How did you do it? Just change the password?

There really aren't too many options in the account management.

He sold me the account w/ all the login credentials. Once I logged in from my location, the URL sent him a security email asking him to verify the new login location, which he did. After those few steps, I logged in with the original credentials, changed the account password, removed all other verified login locations from the account, and done.

Only issue that exists currently is that they removed the ability to change the email address of the account--the options was originally there, but it was always janky, so they just took it down. I imagine it'll be put back up at some point, but who knows when; until then, you need to make sure you're forwarding all account-related emails to the new owner. I doubt there will ever be any UNLESS they're security related, but those are also important, so...

Essentially, it works exactly how AwRy108 stated.

When I sold the account, I wasn't aware that the email/account name change system was acting out until he mentioned his continuing issue to me. After rummaging through the official forums, I learned that a ton of people were unable to change their information despite the option being available.

As it looks right now, apparently numerous things related to the email system aren't working correctly as some users have reported the complete lack of notification toward any changes made to their accounts. While it's scary to admit, I can't deny these reports as I, myself, wasn't notified at all by the system when AwRy108 changed the credentials to the account he now owns.

In any case, it appears you can send in a ticket (via the support page) to have your email/account name changed given proper verification of account ownership; I haven't confirmed this to be true just yet, but it's certainly better than just waiting around for Arenanet to figure out their priority list.

IsayFever

WTS a few games doing some fall cleanup.

ME2 - $15
Halo 3 - $8
Brink - $8
Alan Wake - $8
Fable 3 - $10
L4D - $5
Oblivion GOTY - $10
Halo Reach - $13

Demon's Souls - $8
CoD: MW2 - $8
Gran Tourismo 5 - $10
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: $10
Fallout 3 GOTY - $13
Final Fantasy XIII - $10

Also have
for that FF13 in good condition $8

PM if interested in anything. I am PayPal verified and will ship promptly.

renjility

Neo Member
It's not paypal, he reversed the charge with his credit card company. Paypal has copies of his emails where he admits he only did it because his parents got pissed when they found out he spent that kind of money on a graphics card.

But, paypal doesn't seem to be able/willing to deal with the card company, so I don't know what else you could do other than take the card.

EDIT: Also, LOL at his last twitter post being him asking someone named Tim to get him un-banned on here.

He asked me to appeal his ban with a mod. He said the ban occurred due to "his politics thread starting a flame war".

Risible

Being vindictive won't solve a thing--our nature to seek revenge only leads to further destruction. Two wrongs don't make a right.

EDIT: just saw malfcn's post. Man, that kid really needs to get off of the internet...

IMO, it's not being vindictive, it's making sure no one else gets screwed by the kid on deals. Otherwise he's going to learn that it's OK to do these kind of things as there are no repercussions - he'll just create new usernames to mask his true name. I'm a true believer in naming and shaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom