• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
I have several

1600 Microsoft Point Cards
$20 PSN Cards

I'm looking for

$18 each

Looking for money via paypal gift. Code will be p/m'd upon receiving payment.

Dave Long

Banned
I'm dealing with Yuripaw on an item that he hasn't shipped, but he also said to me he was having financial issues which is why he was selling the items he has. I think we need to wait a bit before stringing him up. He's been reliable before.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I'm dealing with Yuripaw on an item that he hasn't shipped, but he also said to me he was having financial issues which is why he was selling the items he has. I think we need to wait a bit before stringing him up. He's been reliable before.

right, I agree.
We not stringing him up yet, just would be nice of him to reply or get back to the people.
Believe me, I've been in those footsteps but you gotta keep your word especially when it comes to selling items. People rely on you to ship those items out since they paid for those items.
If you don't in time, people lose faith in you thus if this happens again, people won't buy from you.

toneroni

How many feedbacks do you need to become gold anyway?
I've been buying and selling online for about 12-13 years now (mostly anandtech/cag) and I've seen a few case of people with tons of good feedback just decide to turn rogue one day. Maybe they hit a rough patch and need some money who knows.
Either way - paypal gift is a bad idea, insist on delivery confirmation at the minimum for any medium/large orders, and if it seems too good to be true..well you know.

My rule of thumb: If you can't commute to selling things to people, then you shouldn't be selling at all.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I have three individual 1-month Xbox Gold codes that I'm looking to trade for Microsoft points.

400 points for 1-month Gold seems reasonable. PM if you're interested.

LQX

Yeah, bought Mass Effect CE 2 and 3 from Yuripaw but there was some trouble but he gave a refund shortly after. Seems cool so hopefully there is a good outcome from this.

All prices are CAD

WTB metal gear solid peace walker play arts -Specifically Chrysalis and The Basilisk
ys seven art book, ys seven cloth map -came with the limited edition of the game

Megaman D-ARTS, Megaman, zero, armoured megaman

WTS Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic/Paralympic book extremely hard to find due to limited printings. This picture is not mine but is indicative of quality Looking for approximately 100 Dollars but open to trades for cool gaming memorabilia,specifically from snes, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp properties
4685799424_44e35e798a.jpg

Not 100% sure if i want to sell these or not, but i'd like to gauge interest in the complete .hack ps2 series. All CD's are in immaculate condition. All manuals are in immaculate condition. All anime ovas are included and in immaculate condition. Given that these are all in practically factory condition, it wont be cheap. And of course I would never dream of splitting the set, so i'm either looking for a substantial sum of cash (approx 100+ dollars) or some cool shit in return
quatreDC.jpg
monami.jpg

TWISTED METAL BLACK VOUCHER CODE: 10-15 Dollars and it's yours
TWISTED METAL SWEETTOOTH CROSSOVER SKIN FOR WARHAWK: 5 Bucks takes it away

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm looking to buy:
Katamari Damacy for Vita

ANY GameBoy Micro

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Not that anyone should care, but like Dave Long said...yes i'm having financial trouble right now. I'm selling things as much as I can, because I still haven't gotten an unemployment check. It's being held up when I was told I'd get one this week. Now they're telling me next week.

I appreciate you pinging back, and hearing from your side, looks like you tried to work it out.

a little tid bit to anyone, easiest to just ship priority through paypal.
You get tracking and delivery confirmation.

NoRéN

I appreciate you pinging back, and hearing from your side, looks like you tried to work it out.

Delivery confirmation(which is tracking) is free now through paypal. Either that or they lowered the shipping prices. Either way, it's cheaper that going to the post office and paying there.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
NoRéN;37717519 said:
Delivery confirmation(which is tracking) is free now through paypal. Either that or they lowered the shipping prices. Either way, it's cheaper that going to the post office and paying there.

right it's free.
Alot of people use first class or some other for cheaper prices.
peace of mind, go priority. Less time for a fuck up to happen and cheaper than going to the PO

Not that anyone should care, but like Dave Long said...yes i'm having financial trouble right now. I'm selling things as much as I can, because I still haven't gotten an unemployment check. It's being held up when I was told I'd get one this week. Now they're telling me next week.
I'm not trying to bite on you or anything, but why bother selling things here if you're having financial troubles? If this is causing you to not have fluent transactions, then you need to lay off for a while on selling until you receive your next paycheck.

People get pissed off because they paid for their items and they are not receiving them on time. I definitely got pissed off too when I didn't receive the stuff that I paid for on time.

Aselith

First of all I gotta say this is bull shit that you are leaving negative feedback when I tried to work with you on this. I still don't know if I believe you that you didn't get the game. I lost the trilogy as well, so I'm just supposed to give you the entire $65 back?

Of course. You can't track the package so you just call the dude a liar? You didn't track it. You're responsible.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Of course. You can't track the package so you just call the dude a liar? You didn't track it. You're responsible.
Yeah, that's definitely how it works. The buyer shouldn't take the hit because of a shipping error.

Dont be a dick. He even said he tried working it out and the guy said its okay. He then proceeds to do the opposite of what he said and called him out on gaf.

Le-mo

WTS:
PS3 60GB Seagate HDD 5400RPM $20 shipped

Air Prestige 3 High Si size 8.5 $50 shipped

I've worn this only once and it was during a rainy day so the shoes is "dirtier" than it should be. To be expected in rainy Seattle.

14 x 10 custom Ico canvas $30 shipped

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus CPU and GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H Motherboard combo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103871
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KISY5M/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details
These are currently being used so it's hard to take photos of them. I'm planning to sell these two as a combo for $150 shipped. Only reason I'm selling it is because I'm planning to upgrade my hardware to Intel. Here's the catch, upon receiving payment I will NOT send these out until I receive the new hardware from Amazon which would take 2-3 days since I have Prime membership.

Also for sale is an unlocked 8GB iPhone 3G. The phone has scratches on the back and front and a crack on the left side. PM with offers.

I also have an AT&T Pantech phone in a like new condition for sale $25 shipped. Comes with phone and charger only. Stock picture of the phone
$(KGrHqF,!g0E3um(BSOBBOL8v5VO!g~~_35.JPG

WTB:
Apple iPad 2
Unlockable iPhone 4

Whooter

I'm not trying to bite on you or anything, but why bother selling things here if you're having financial troubles? If this is causing you to not have fluent transactions, then you need to lay off for a while on selling until you receive your next paycheck.

People get pissed off because they paid for their items and they are not receiving them on time. I definitely got pissed off too when I didn't receive the stuff that I paid for on time.

I assumed he was selling stuff because of the financial troubles. You can't eat a game.

In the end, even though he said he wasn't going to, he's within his rights to leave negative feedback. He's out $65, and the onus is always on the seller to make sure the merchandise arrives. Delivery confirmation is cheap (or free.)

Aselith

Dont be a dick. He even said he tried working it out and the guy said its okay. He then proceeds to do the opposite of what he said and called him out on gaf.

How am I being a dick? He didn't track and it got lost. He offered half. (I can't conceive why KBBQ thought that would be an ok compromise maybe he has some more info that will shed some light there?) How is the buyer half respobnsible for a seller's poor judgement on not tracking. Doesn't make sense to offer a partial refund here.

Not defending the way the buyer handled it but he is owed a full refund. Simple as that.

Yeah you really have to be careful with it. A few weeks ago I sold a game and put postage on it and when I came home that day my grandpa found the game in the mailbox without the bubble mailer I sent it in, I got lucky I guess. It's a good idea to have tracking but I have yet to have any issues.

Jomjom

Banned

An extra little tidbit to everyone, you don't even need to go priority with paypal shipping to get the delivery confirmation. You get it with 1st class as well.

I don't know if it's really "free" though because it's actually 18 cents, but it's basically subsumed into the total shipping cost. But it's so damn cheap where I never ship without delivery confirmation even if I'm only selling something for $5, unless you live in the United State's hat where DC is not offered.

MrDaravon

How am I being a dick? He didn't track and it got lost. He offered half. (I can't conceive why KBBQ thought that would be an ok compromise maybe he has some more info that will shed some light there?) How is the buyer half respobnsible for a seller's poor judgement on not tracking. Doesn't make sense to offer a partial refund here.

Not defending the way the buyer handled it but he is owed a full refund. Simple as that.

This. Ultimately at the end of the day the onus is on the seller. As the seller even if you have reason to believe that the buyer is lying about receiving the item, if you can't prove it got there you don't have a leg to stand on either, and as the shipper that was your choice to get tracking/delivery confirmation/whatever. If it's a relatively low-value item (so insurance was not purchased) and it arrives damaged or something like that, that would be what I would consider a possible partial refund scenario. My general rule of thumb is I'll do at least tracking on anything over $40/50, and if it's less than that and I don't get tracking for whatever reason I'll at least keep the post office receipt which will confirm on that date I sent a package weighing X amount to that person's ZIP code.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Want:
Mainly a Femme Fatale TE stick. Guess I'll keep asking til someone decides to let one go.

Some stuff I want to get rid:
UMVC3 PS3 stick. Used once. $120 shipped.
http://i.imgur.com/nSqku.jpg

Catherine Boxers and Pizza edition sealed. $70 shipped.
Dissidia part two sealed. $20 shipped.
FFVII Advent Children Complete Limited Edition. $40 shipped.
http://i.imgur.com/l5QrE.jpg
Intel 2500k $140 (Pending)
DDR2 4 sticks 1GB each PC-8500 ram. $45 shipped.
PAL GCN Limited Edition RE console with exclusive controller and game still sealed. $140 shipped.
Red Magic Knight Rayearth Game Gear super rare system with game. $100 shipped.
Twilight Princess collector's guide sealed. $30 shipped.

Also I have guides, games for various sytems, systems and misc stuff. Just ask and negotiate. I just want to get rid of them more than anything.

+++ Glennct - Gears of War Limited Edition (Brand New Sealed)

Positive feedback for this guy "Glennct". He shipped to Canada very quickly.

Thanks

Poetic - Resistance 2

NEGATIVE Feedback
- This guy said that the game is brand new sealed. Charged me extra 4 dollars for shipping to Canada, I was okay with it and then I get a used game with a smudge on the disc.

This guy has stopped responding to me.

LProtag

WTB
Qanba Q4RAF
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3)

WTT/WTS
MvC3 Fightstick (PS3) - I'd love to trade this for a Qanba, please PM me and we could work something out. Otherwise PM me with an offer, but I'm not likely to give it up until I get a replacement stick.

bubnbob

Banned
Poetic - Resistance 2

NEGATIVE Feedback
- This guy said that the game is brand new sealed. Charged me extra 4 dollars for shipping to Canada, I was okay with it and then I get a used game with a smudge on the disc.

This guy has stopped responding to me.

So what exactly is used? Pic of game you received?

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
So what exactly is used? Pic of game you received?

Considering the item was advertised to the buyer as "brand new sealed" as he posted, I would assume getting the game in any other condition would warrant the buyer being upset. If he's anything like me, when he buys new he's actually looking for new i.e. original wrapper still intact and definitely no smudges on the disc. This is one of the main reasons I stopped buying from EB/Game Stop.

TriAceJP

I know this is an odd place to request this, but

WTB: Virgin Mobile Triumph

Or any of their phones that are better than the Opimus V, really. My girls is acting up and I'd like to upgrade it for her.

First of all I gotta say this is bull shit that you are leaving negative feedback when I tried to work with you on this. I still don't know if I believe you that you didn't get the game. I lost the trilogy as well, so I'm just supposed to give you the entire $65 back? The offer for half the money did not even come from me. I told you because I have never had a problem before on gaf with selling, that I asked KoreanBarbeque for his advice on this, and it was at his suggestion that I offered you half back.

You then replied with this:

Now because you felt pissy, you change your mind and make me look bad?

bigmit3737, you can rest easy, because I will get you your PSP. I have just been living like hell lately, and been delayed. Sorry.

First let's clear something up, I don't appreciate you accusing me of trying to cheat you. I sent you the payment hours after you offered me MPT. I got my part out of the way fast but for some reason the package never got to me.

During my time waiting for the package to arrive, I bought a different game from Poetic on GAF through B/S/T and it came a week after payment. At this point I got worried and asked you for a tracking number (so that I could deal with the post office on my own at that point). However there was none so all I could do was wait.

Maybe it is wrong for me to call you out, but you certainly don't want to pay me the full refund back.

Yuripaw (4-19-2012) 11:43 pm said:
Sent it via usps first class. Umm, trying to remember the date...I sent out packages to KoreanBarbecue, and Kambing on the same day. I think it was saturday the 24th of March that I sent them all out. As far as I know, they both got their packages the following week, and I sent them all first class mail in thick bubble envelopes.

That's the best information I can give you =/ If you don't get it by next friday (my next payday), I can offer a partial refund. I don't know if that's satisfactory for you, but I lost the game on this deal as well if it really is lost in the mail like you say.

-Chris

And once again you accuse me of cheating you.

SMH. Just give me my full refund so I don't have to deal with you anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom