• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

So, the bottom line with this Puerto Rico stuff is that all international packages shipped through USPS has a delivery confirmation number on the customs form, regardless of whether it was shipped from Puerto Rico or California. Registered mail is not required to get a tracking number. Ask him for a copy of the receipt.

It is NOT international.

Before I start buying and selling here, when someone prices something for say, $8 shipped, they mean I pay $8 dollars and they cover shipping? So if shipping is like $4 they only make $4? Just want some clarification :)

Neverfade

WTS:

Black 3G Vita w/ 4g mem. card
Comes with first edition hard case.
Has had a screen protector on since fresh out the box and is in great shape.

Want to TRADE: My Gold Hurly Ni No Kuni DLC for your Best Buy Ni No Kuni Preorder DLC

Others for sale:
Boardgames
Mage Knight The Board Game
Lord of the Rings: Nazghul
Lord of the Rings LCG Core Set + Entire Mirkwood cycle

eastmen

Banned
Selling

Hp touchpad 32 gigs with CM 9 on it. IT has a slight crack by one of te speakers which I can't get a good picture of but its very small. I'm selling it with the touch stone charger and 2 of the official cases. Looking for $200
RBkuCiV.jpg

Zune HD 32 gigs in green with the hd dock / av cable and remote. The zune does have an engraving on the back of it. Looking for $150

Tizoc

OK, I could've sworn I made a new post some pages ago to show at least that I've traded off my 1 month Plus code, but I don't see it anywhere =_=.

Anyways atm here's what I got:
Want to trade
Bioshock 1 (Steam code)
Bioshock 2 (Steam code)
Mercenaries 2 (Origin code)
Saboteur (Origin code)

I want to trade them for
Steam code for Bully
Steam code for Rocket Knight
Any game on my Steam wishlist:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tizoc789/wishlist

chualie

Does anyone have any experience with shipping to Canada from the US (PA to be specific)? I've had a few requests to ship to Canada and I was wondering how difficult or harmless it is. I went to USPS and they just said I should ship with priority and fill out a customs form. Any sort of feedback would be very appreciated :)

eastmen

Banned
Does anyone have any experience with shipping to Canada from the US (PA to be specific)? I've had a few requests to ship to Canada and I was wondering how difficult or harmless it is. I went to USPS and they just said I should ship with priority and fill out a customs form. Any sort of feedback would be very appreciated :)

That's pretty much how it is. Its really easy just get the cash up front

First, I live in Argentina, not Puerto Rico.

Second, I recommended to send it registered (as it has insurance/tracking, and I've never had a package lost using it in 20+ sales), and he accepted at first, but then changed it. It was $4 extra. Maybe I should have insisted more? I'm used to buying internationally, so I know the risks, but maybe the buyer didn't. That's why I added a sentence explaining this in my selling post now.

Third, I sent him a picture of the receipt.

Not sure what I can do, I can't make any claim at the post office since it wasn't sent registered.

Dwayne

Second, I recommended to send it registered (as it has insurance/tracking, and I've never had a package lost using it in 20+ sales), and he accepted at first, but then changed it. It was $4 extra. Maybe I should have insisted more? I'm used to buying internationally, so I know the risks, but maybe the buyer didn't. That's why I added a sentence explaining this in my selling post now.

Not sure what I can do, I can't make any claim at the post office since it wasn't sent registered.

You're covered as far as anyone here is concerned. Shame the parcel went missing but nothing you can do about it.

televator

Maybe I should share my experience for the sake of striking up a larger conversation. This seems to be the barrier for me. The nearest office is really out of the way and I barely have the time during normal hours to ship things. That and for some insane reason I'm seeing online shipping label prices at around $13 at the lowest for a standard game in a DVD case.

Ah Argentina, my bad. Been awhile since the transaction.

Yea, I had purchased one other item internationally before and like I had said previously in here, never once had a lost package.

Of course there is a first time for everything and it seems this was it, wouldn't you know it haha.

I was going to pay the $4 to have it registered, but then the $4 fee was added on for paypal or something and all of the sudden a $35 item was going to cost me $55. At that point I should have just let it go and find it elsewhere.

I just was hoping for something you could do, even if it was a partial refund. I never intended to get all of my money back because as a seller myself, I know how much that sucks.

Which is why I never filed a claim, because I think it's a dick move.

Regardless of what happens, I'm not going to be pissed or get butt hurt. I just was trying to communicate to you and hoping we could find a middle ground.

Edit: See I thought "registering" it was just for tracking. Which is why I ended up dropping it when that other $4 fee came up. Not that I'm trying to put this all on you. Just miscommunication.

zkylon

zkylewd

Hey dude, since we both live in Argentina lemme know if there's any vintage stuff you might be interested in selling.

We can meet up some day if you're in or around Capital.

Use the USPS.com calculator for checking shipping prices. I found out recently that the price gradually goes from around $2 or whatever for 1oz up to $15.50 at 4lbs but the moment you cross that threshold the price jumps to $32 minimum for a flat-rate box (if it can't fit in a flat-rate box at 4lbs the minimum was around $38?).

Other things to be aware of are the fees that the buyer can be hit with (and I think that if they deny paying the fees the package comes back to you and you're responsible for the fees?). These come about from some sort of customs fees. When you fill out the customs form if you mark it as merchandise valued over $20 (you have to list the value) the buyer will then get taxed for the item and will need to pay the taxes to get the item. I believe it can also get other fees attached as well. If you mark the item as a gift it can be valued as high as $60 before taxes and fees are attached for the recipient. At the post office I simply told the employee that the used games declared inside were old and mostly worthless that I was giving away and I only required "my online friends" to pay the shipping and I'd send them my old games to clear out my collection. I don't know how curious they have to be to inspect things but it seemed like a plausible enough story.

The only other thing is to check with your post office for anything else in particular. Until I recently moved my nearest post office didn't accept any international mail so I had to drive out a fair bit to ship the Canadian packages. A third post office I stopped into for another package to ship only accepted international items with printed customs forms, not handwritten. So just double-check so you don't waste your time.

MysticX

Yea, I had purchased one other item internationally before and like I had said previously in here, never once had a lost package.

Of course there is a first time for everything and it seems this was it, wouldn't you know it haha.

I was going to pay the $4 to have it registered, but then the $4 fee was added on for paypal or something and all of the sudden a $35 item was going to cost me $55. At that point I should have just let it go and find it elsewhere.

I just was hoping for something you could do, even if it was a partial refund. I never intended to get all of my money back because as a seller myself, I know how much that sucks.

Regardless of what happens, I'm not going to be pissed or get butt hurt. I just was trying to communicate to you and hoping we could find a middle ground.

Edit: See I thought "registering" it was just for tracking. Which is why I ended up dropping it when that other $4 fee came up. Not that I'm trying to put this all on you. Just miscommunication.

sry dude

1st: You did not pay for T&T

2nd: He has provided with the receipt

that means the "blame" is entirely on you, you cannot punish the seller if the parcel never was delivered, it´s the postal office you should be pissed at

as far as I go, if you don´t pay for T&T, it´s russian roulette for the buyer, not the seller so you have absolutely no claim whatsoever, sry.

SmokeMaxX

In most situations, it's on the seller to purchase insurance/tracking to protect themselves from fraudulent buyers. The buyer already sends the money ahead of time; they are the ones put in the helpless situation. The buyer in this situation doesn't seem to be at fault since he has proof of sending the package (via postage receipt). However, Paypal/Amazon would likely side with the buyer in most situations without a LOT of proof. Thus, it doesn't really make sense not to factor in the tracking ahead of time. That's why I always ship via UPS/Fedex. At the very least, I have sufficient tracking. Paypal won't always side with me even then, but at least I can prove to anyone who's listening that I was dealing with a fraudulent buyer.

ta9qi

Steam keys for sell :

Brink Complete Pack (5$)
DOOM 3 BFG Edition (5$)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the year (5$)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the year (5$)
Fallout 3: Game of the year (4$)
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (7$)
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™ (5$)
RAGE (5$)
Rogue Warrior (2$)
Hotline Miami (3$)

also pm me if theres any trade offers to any of my wishliast games :
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013611840/wishlist
add to them :
Tombraider collection
also "Tales of monkey island" has a great offer here if anyone wanna buy it to trade with two steam keys i have -depend on the games-

Balb

So I got screwed out of a Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition from the Namco shop. If anyone has a spare that they'd be willing to sell let me know :(

Want to Sell

Blu-Ray
Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-ray - $50
- In great condition, only viewed once, comes with sexy gold box packaging

DS
Layton: Unwound Future - $10 shipped, no box or manual

Coming Soon
Layton: Last Specter

PM me, GAF Gold, normally take Paypal.

PayPal gifts and trades considered. I have positive feedback.

Have (Steam keys):

Saints Row the Third - $8
DOOM 3 BFG Edition - $7
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (x2) - $6
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 Gold - $6
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 Retribution - $6
MX vs ATV Reflex - $5
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY - $5
Fallout 3 Game of the Year - $5
Darksiders - $5
Homefront - $5
Hunted: The Demon's Forge - $5
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - $5
Civilization V: Gods & Kings - $5
The Stronghold Collection - $5
Victoria II - $5
Red Faction: Guerrilla (x2) - $5
Red Faction: Armageddon (x2) - $5
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold - $5
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - $5
Majesty 2 Collection - $4
Warlock: Master of the Arcane - $4
Saints Row 2 - $3
Iron Brigade - $3
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - $3
Majesty Gold HD - $2
Rogue Warrior - $2
Nexuiz - $2
Metro 2033 - $2
Toy Soldiers - $2

Want (Steam gifts/keys):

Far Cry 3
Rayman Origins
I Am Alive
L.A. Noire Complete
LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga & Clone Saga
LEGO Batman 2
LEGO Lord of the Rings
LEGO Harry Potter 1-4 / 5-7
LEGO Indiana Jones 1 & 2
Deadlight
NiGHTS Into Dreams...
Overlord Complete Pack

Humble Bundle for Android #1 (BTA full link)
Humble Bundle for Android #3 (BTA full link)

In addition I have a $30 Target gift card I'd like to trade for a $30 Amazon gift card

Dude I don't wanna be a dick but you fucked up and you need to move on and except full responsibility for this. Yeah it sucks but that's how it has to be. Allan Holdsworth does not need to come to the party for anything.

knee

So, the bottom line with this Puerto Rico stuff is that all international packages shipped through USPS has a delivery confirmation number on the customs form, regardless of whether it was shipped from Puerto Rico or California. Registered mail is not required to get a tracking number. Ask him for a copy of the receipt.

If he can provide the receipt then just check the tracking, problem solved. If he cannot provide a receipt then it is on him to prove he ever even shipped the item, and if he cannot then he is in the wrong from every angle and should be expected to make it right.

Puerto Rico is a US Territory. There's no customs form or tracking number required.

Edit: Oh snap, Argentina? Yeah, pay the $4 or take the risk. He doesn't owe anything further, IMO.

Super positive feedback for Chorazin. Did a partial buy, partial trade with him, and got the stuff super fast, in great shape (TG16, and a NGPC, with a bunch of games). Would definitely work with him again.

By the way, for anyone wondering, TG16 looks TERRIBLE on an LCD HDTV with RF input, heh, but looks just fine on my CRT! Gotta try to find one of those turbo booster attachments or whatever they are called that adds stereo sound and composite video out.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Positive feedback for moop2000

I ordered a GameBoy Color from him and the transaction was incredibly smooth. Many thanks!

Have

PS3
Assassin's Creed 3
Dead Island GOTY
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Turok

PSP
PSP 2000 (Black) with a gold faceplate that I put on myself. Travel Case and Memory Stick.
God of War Ghost of Sparta
Metal Gear Peace Walker
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Resistance Retribution
Jeanne D'arc
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Starwars Battlefront Elite Squadron
Wipeout Pulse

Want
Scribblenauts (Wii U)
Darksiders 2 (Wii U)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Wii U)
Mass Effect 3 (Wii U)
New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS)
Professor Layton (3DS)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS)

Other Wii U and 3DS offers

US only, I'm GAF Gold!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

Good, if thats the case. CASE CLOSED!!!

Seller did what he could, lets move on.

Thanks Allan for your input.

AwRy108

I ship to Canada a handful of times every year for ebay and NeoGAF sales. I'm in PA, and I've always used First Class International, which I've had 100% success with and it's very inexpensive (eg. $4-5 per game). Only bummer is that you have to go to the actual Post Office building to complete the transaction.

I always prepare the package ahead of time, and, for clarity, I specifically use a word processor to type and print out the address info. that will be applied to the package. Once you're at the post office, you simply fill out a Customs' form (I actually keep a handful of them at home so I can do it ahead of time) and then pay for the freight.

I've probably shipped several dozen things to Canada in my lifetime, and I've never had an issue; in fact, some of my best buyers have been Canadian. The smartest thing to do is make sure that every piece of information is clearly legible, just so it doesn't get held up at Customs.

I ship to Canada a handful of times every year for ebay and NeoGAF sales. I'm in PA, and I've always used First Class International, which I've had 100% success with and it's very inexpensive (eg. $4-5 per game). Only bummer is that you have to go to the actual Post Office building to complete the transaction.

I always prepare the package ahead of time, and, for clarity, I specifically use a word processor to type and print out the address info. that will be applied to the package. Once you're at the post office, you simply fill out a Customs' form (I actually keep a handful of them at home so I can do it ahead of time) and then pay for the freight.

I've probably shipped several dozen things to Canada in my lifetime, and I've never had an issue; in fact, some of my best buyers have been Canadian. The smartest thing to do is make sure that every piece of information is clearly legible, just so it doesn't get held up at Customs.

Thank you for spreading the truth, im sick of not being able to buy anything off of eBay cuz Americans have a phobia or shipping to Canada :(

AwRy108

Thank you for spreading the truth, im sick of not being able to buy anything off of eBay cuz Americans have a phobia or shipping to Canada :(

Yeah, I've never understood or agreed with that phobia. I've never had an issue with Canadian buyers, but have had several with US buyers. I've also seen several US shipments take FOR-EV-ER to get delivered, yet everything I've sent to Canada seems to take a normal amount of time.

Since the US is rapidly headed down the toilet, maybe I'm just buttering up to my neighbors to the north so I have a stable--albeit colder--place to move my family to.

LQX

If it was easier for a international label to be printed online many more would be willing to ship to Canada but shipping packages to Canada requires going to the actual post office. It can be a big hassle especially if selling games or movies that can easily be be shipped by dropping them in a mailbox.

Dude I don't wanna be a dick but you fucked up and you need to move on and except full responsibility for this. Yeah it sucks but that's how it has to be. Allan Holdsworth does not need to come to the party for anything.

Move on SkyMasterson and take it as a loss.

Already did. Was just explaining my situation and was looking for input.

Thanks to everyone who responded and sorry for sidetracking the B/S/T thread!

NoRéN

Done. Not your fault. You did your part.

Allan Holdsworth, you handled this very well.

Heck, I think I'm going to have to add something about not being responsible for lost/stolen mail to my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom