• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
He shipped it and you refused to pay for it to register. I don't think the seller should get knocked because the package went missing. Sorry to say but I believe you are shit out of luck there buddy. If I was you in the situation, I would count it as a loss unfortunately and a lesson to learn on.

Even my last big ticket item that I bought from this forum which should be shipped out in a day or two. I actually threw in an extra $5 so I can get a tracking number.

That's the thing, do we know for sure he shipped it?
That's the gamble but yeah I do see the buyer being most at fault here.

As a BIG seller, I always insure the items I sell to people mainly because I want to cover my sell.

NoRéN

As a BIG seller, I always insure the items I sell to people mainly because I want to cover my sell.

True. I feel that if the seller can provide a copy of the receipt as proof that they shipped the item, they've done their part.

grkazan12

Hey, I have a 16GB Black iPad mini that's in pretty good condition that I'm willing to trade for an iPad 3 or 4 regardless of storage size.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
WTS

Club Nintendo Gold Nunchuk - $60 shipped
New, never used

Yakuza Dead Souls (PS3) - $13 shipped
Like new and complete

Odin Sphere Black Label (PS2) - $14 shipped
Good condition, but the case's plastic art cover seems to have shrunk a little

Namco X Capcom (PS2) NTSC J - $20 shipped
Decent condition, some scuffing on outer case

Super Robot Taisen OG (PS2) NTSC J - $14 shipped
Acceptable condition, no dirt/grime but several dents in the back of the case, manual a little wrinkled

Alter 1/8 Celty Sturluson - $110 shipped
Brand new, still sealed in shrink wrap

Hyperkin VGA Box - $25 shipped
Only used it twice before deciding to just get a new tv

US48 and paypal gift/fees covered please
Can take pictures of item condition on request, please don't be afraid to ask.

Yea, hindsight is 20/20. If I knew it would be like this, I would have sucked it up and paid the $4.

I already had to pay an additional $4 because he's in Puerto Rico.

I'm not even asking for a full refund, it's been so long at this point I think 50/50 seems fair.

What do you guys think?

Edit: I appreciate all of the responses. Reading through them, people seem to be more for the seller this time. I posted this scenario a few months ago and it sided with the buyer haha.

Yea, me declining to pay the tracking was stupid. Even though I don't feel like I should have had to pay for that. At the time, I didn't want to spend anymore money, but I should have just not purchased it. I just really wanted that controller.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I have an extra Strike Suit Zero Steam key bought from GMG. Does anyone want to trade anything for it? I was initially hoping to trade it for a Syndicate (Origin) key since it was going for a similar price on GMG but now with Steam's current price Strike Suit Zero costs a bit less so unless someone already has a leftover Syndicate key they can't get rid of they wouldn't wanna do that, obviously. But I can't think of another game I want. I've got most cheap things I want on Steam.

Edit: the Steam price has changed for Strike Suit Zero on Steam, now it costs 15,19€. Syndicate costs 14,29€ on GMG (with the 20% discount coupon you can use, GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK). If anyone wants Strike Suit Zero just buy Syndicate for me. Alternatively, offer whatever. If I don't get anything soon I'll give it for free at random (so if you want it for sure, trade!).

Message me cos I don't check this thread often.

NoRéN

Edit: I appreciate all of the responses. Reading through them, people seem to be more for the seller this time. I posted this scenario a few months ago and it sided with the buyer haha.

What? Has this happened to you before? Did you know this was going to happen?

NoRéN;46852400 said:
What? Has this happened to you before? Did you know this was going to happen?

Same person.

I just didn't get around to it until now because I wanted to go back to the Post Office and check with all the neighbors before I PM'ed the seller.

NoRéN;46852546 said:
Fuck, you weren't kidding about this being a long time problem.

Haha, yea.

Anyway, how do we decide what to do? People seem to be split on the decision.

I think 50/50 is fair. Hopefully we can figure this out.

Being someone that has been on the other end, having sold something and then had a claim it never arrived, my viewpoint goes from how it was handled through eBay and Paypal. In that situation I needed to provide proof that I had shipped it out or I would be required to refund the money. Unfortunately in my case I was new to shipping stuff out and stupidly thrown away the receipts from that day so I had no actual way to prove it and lost out on $80 I had to refund to the buyer.

So if the guy can prove he shipped it by scanning or taking picture of a receipt or whatever then I'm with him. And being international shipping I'd expect someone in that situation to hold onto the receipts knowing problems could arise. Secondly, likely there's some big differences between Puerto Rico to the US but having shipped US to Canada I always have a customs number when shipping that can also be used for some sort of identification when needed. Shouldn't he have something like that?

NoRéN

Being someone that has been on the other end, having sold something and then had a claim it never arrived, my viewpoint goes from how it was handled through eBay and Paypal. In that situation I needed to provide proof that I had shipped it out or I would be required to refund the money. Unfortunately in my case I was new to shipping stuff out and stupidly thrown away the receipts from that day so I had no actual way to prove it and lost out on $80 I had to refund to the buyer.

So if the guy can prove he shipped it by scanning or taking picture of a receipt or whatever then I'm with him. And being international shipping I'd expect someone in that situation to hold onto the receipts knowing problems could arise. Secondly, likely there's some big differences between Puerto Rico to the US but having shipped US to Canada I always have a customs number when shipping that can also be used for some sort of identification when needed. Shouldn't he have something like that?

Elaborating on that, it's been months. If this were ebay and paypal, the window to make a claim has closed.

Cheska

For Sale

Game Boy Micro: missing charger, temperamental/barely functional system.
PM me for further details or offers.
1E5CE27C-55E9-49F3-9050-E7E955C95C46-19134-00000BD61129A291.jpg

Ni No Kuni + Exclusive Steel Book
Game has been opened, but no longer need the regular edition copy.
041B44B9-DDF2-4602-9735-0CEBCFA6F8AA-19134-00000BD5BA3F2BFB.jpg

Dragon Quest Guide Set: $50 shipped

FC0B5A94-2B52-4C8E-952F-971C23717A33-12171-0000080271F1B514.jpg

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: used $31 shipped

Z.H.P Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman sealed: $33 shipped
Gods Eaters Burst: $11 shipped

912E69B6-D3BC-423B-B6A5-52A8FC2FD278-17487-00000AEDC373895F.jpg

Paypal only please. Can ship next day with delivery confirmation included. Prefer to stick with shipping within the US.

knee

So I purchased a Club Nintendo Super Famicom controller from Allan Holdsworth awhile back.

He asked me if I wanted to pay an additional $4 to register it, I politely declined. He did insist if I recall, but I still said no thanks.

Once you declined the $4 registration, you assumed responsibility for the package. Who knows if he sent it or not, but your refusal put the onus on you. :-\

MysticX

Once you declined the $4 registration, you assumed responsibility for the package. Who knows if he sent it or not, but your refusal put the onus on you. :-\

yupp, so tr00. nonetheless, the seller should show the receipt as proof, otherwise, itøs your fault.

Chairhome

I've had multiple dealings with Allan Holdsworth and have no reason to suspect that he wouldn't ship it.

I think its on the seller to decide if he wants to insure it or not in most cases. He asked the buyer if he wanted to pay to insure it, the buyer declined-> the seller insists and buyer declines again, then its on the buyer to accept the responsibility.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I've had multiple dealings with Allan Holdsworth and have no reason to suspect that he wouldn't ship it.

I think its on the seller to decide if he wants to insure it or not in most cases. He asked the buyer if he wanted to pay to insure it, the buyer declined-> the seller insists and buyer declines again, then its on the buyer to accept the responsibility.

that's true, I do agree to your statement in bold to a degree.

In my experience, I would pay a little more for insurance because lately, the USPS has been losing quite a few of packages sent to me or that I have sent out.

MysticX

In my experience, I would pay a little more for insurance because lately, the USPS has been losing quite a few of packages sent to me or that I have sent out.

I got negative feedaback on ebay, and had to refund because I threw out the receipt when there was 1 month since it was shipped, then all of a sudden the dude wants his money back! so yeah, it´s not only usps, it´s postal in general and I think it´s real bad that it´s socially OK

OK have a fair bit to sell here, trying to clear out a fair bit of my 3DS Clutter, everything has the box/case it came in barring the Skylanders which are all loose (With the exception of the ones that came with the games of course

Original Black 3DS US Model, does have screen scratches on the main screen caused by edges on bottom screen, however these can only been seen if playing in sunlight or with a bright light shinning on the screen. I'll get pics later if you want

3DS Games
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2
Bit Trip Saga
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Skylanders + 16 Normal Skylander Figures and various accessory thingos
Skylanders Giants + Giant
Cubix Ninja
Driver
BlazBlu
Resident Evil Mercenaries

These are the Skylanders I have for the sale
Spyro
Double Trouble
Drill Sergeant
Drobot
Slam Bam
Zap
Bash
Terrafin
Sunburn
Ignitor
Ghost Roaster
Hex
Sonic Boom
Lightning Rod
Stealth Elf
Zook
Tree Rex

At this stage looking for $400 for the lot, not keen on selling individually yet, but may look into that down the road. I live in Australia and will work out shipping if someone is interested.

Well it wasn't to insure it, just tracking. That's why I don't think it's totally on me. If it were to insure it, yea thats something else.

I have to check again if he insisted. It's been since August so I'm fuzzy on it. Between the two of us we should have all the PM's.

toneroni

ugh, my entire old school gaming collection and all my old toys went up in smoke at my parents house.
Was waiting to finish up the mancave to give them a home.
Some of my faves were lost like Lunar 1+2 w/ puppet, Xenogears, etc.
Anyone got classic games/systems for sale?
Not sure if I should even bother replacing at this point.

Bii

Well it wasn't to insure it, just tracking. That's why I don't think it's totally on me. If it were to insure it, yea thats something else.

I have to check again if he insisted. It's been since August so I'm fuzzy on it. Between the two of us we should have all the PM's.

As a seller, I ALWAYS pay for delivery/signature confirmation for items I shipped. Insurance is optional and can be purchased if buyer insists/opts to.

As a buyer, I would expect the seller to ship my item and have proof that he/she did so, throught some sort of confirmation or receipt. If item was lost or damaged, and shipment was verified, I'd be SOL.

In your case, you should have filed a claim that you never received your item before the window closed (assuming you paid via Paypal). The seller would have to provide tracking info to show that they've sent it. Given what we know, I'd stop asking for a refund (partial or full) and move on.

Hm, tough situation. I add tracking onto each thing I send out, regardless if someone else wants it or not. I just include the $1.35 or whatnot in my shipped price. Sucks, but not sure if anyone is truly at fault here. Allan Holdsworth should have probably bought tracking to be a good seller, you should have ponied up the $4 to get it registered. Live and learn, I guess.

NeOak

So I purchased a Club Nintendo Super Famicom controller from Allan Holdsworth awhile back.

He asked me if I wanted to pay an additional $4 to register it, I politely declined. He did insist if I recall, but I still said no thanks. By the way, he is in Puerto Rico and I'm in the U.S.

So he said he sent it out which I believe he did. Fast forward a few months later and at this point, it's clear I'll never be getting it as the package was either lost or stolen.

I PM'ed him asking what we should do about it and he said there is nothing he can do since I didn't have it registered. I politely told him that as a buyer I shouldn't have to pay for the tracking/registration of the product. Not trying to be a dick but it doesn't benefit me at all. Especially because I've never not received a package and I don't need to follow the package online as I was in no hurry.

At this point trying to explain to him that it's still the sellers responsibility to at least make this right is something he won't accept. I've been super friendly in all of my PM's, maybe too friendly haha.

So is there someone here who helps run this thread and help be a mediator about this?

Note: I encouraged him to post and ask everyone here what he should do in this situation and he refuses.

I'm welcome to any suggestions or any help if someone wants to play mediator, thanks.

One little detail:

Unless its Fedex/UPS, USPS stuff takes FOREVER to get to the states from Puerto Rico and there is a higher than normal chance for stuff to get lost.

Priority Mail always took 5 days to get to TX from PR. Media mail and Parcel Post took like 5 to 6 weeks.

Heck, I insured everything i sent to prevent anything from happening.

But since it has been over 6 months... yea its gone.

Puerto Rico = US Territory.

Pic i took of something that was shipped to me by A Master Ninja when I lived in Puerto Rico.

08152009015.jpg

Puerto Rico = US Territory.
Well aware. Just assumed that since it wasn't a state that it might have something similar to a customs form that needed to be filled out. Regardless, doesn't change that there would be a shipping receipt which was my original point. I was just saying there might have been a secondary form due to it not being sent to a US state. I've never shipped or purchased from Puerto Rico so simply wasn't aware if things were different.

NeOak

Well aware. Just assumed that since it wasn't a state that it might have something similar to a customs form that needed to be filled out. Regardless, doesn't change that there would be a shipping receipt which was my original point. I was just saying there might have been a secondary form due to it not being sent to a US state. I've never shipped or purchased from Puerto Rico so simply wasn't aware if things were different.

Its like shipping to another state. No customs form required despite what FedEx says. They just do it to overcharge you.

Looking to buy a 16GB MicroSD Class 10 card.

Also Positive Feeback for conkwe.

I bought a screen protector from him/her, and it arrived quickly and as described.

goldenpp72

ugh, my entire old school gaming collection and all my old toys went up in smoke at my parents house.

Really sorry to hear that man, I fear this moment right now myself -_- No insurance for it?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

sorry dude :( hope your folks are ok

havokt

WTB Xenoblade Chronicles Pre-Order Art-book (US Version)
Pricing for myself is very flexible depending on the condition of the book. PM me to work something out.

jaxword

Talk to :

Allan Holdsworth
moop2000

Those guys have some old stuff.

Arla

Games are complete. l Prices are shipped and negotiable. l US & PayPal only.

[DS] From the Abyss - NEW - $15

[3DS] Code of Princess [artbook & CD included) - Used - $25

[XBOX 360] Project Gotham Racing 4 - Used - $10

[XBOX 360] Otomedeius Excellent - Used - $8

[Wii] Disney Epic Mickey - Used $12.

[PS2] Person 3 FES - Used - $15

[PS2] GrimGrimoire - NEW - $20

PLEASE TAKE THESE OFF MY HANDS! TRYING TO SCRAP SOME CASH TOGETHER FOR FIRE EMBLEM. I'LL SHIP ASAP.

R8DxShS.jpg

Sent you a PM.

I've got a bunch of old games I've been in the process of selling but I like to sell in large bundles, preferably.

GreenMana

So, the bottom line with this Puerto Rico stuff is that all international packages shipped through USPS has a delivery confirmation number on the customs form, regardless of whether it was shipped from Puerto Rico or California. Registered mail is not required to get a tracking number. Ask him for a copy of the receipt.

If he can provide the receipt then just check the tracking, problem solved. If he cannot provide a receipt then it is on him to prove he ever even shipped the item, and if he cannot then he is in the wrong from every angle and should be expected to make it right.

AwRy108

Wow, sorry to hear--I hope your family is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom