• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

I opened one Sunday (on the last day of my 45 day window). They did not respond. I escalated on Wednesday or Tuesday, whenever it was that someone else chimed up in the thread they had issues with the seller. I'm just glad I didn't send the payment as gift as was requested.

That's good. Hopefully your money is returned quick. Smart move not paying by gift.

Well.. yeah, It does. I just don't like seeing people get bilked for good amounts of money. :-\
True. But, it's not like that rule could be enforced. A better guideline would be something like "don't buy hundreds of dollars worth of merch from someoe new to the forum and low or no feedback."

Buy a couple of cheap things you want and see how that goes. If it goes well, become a repeat customer.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
NoRéN;80356833 said:
How's your paypal claim going?

I think the idea of the disclaimer is that Gaf isn't going to play the part of an arbitrator or give you your money back if you get scammed. But considering what else can get you banned here I would think scamming other members should be worthy of a permaban.

NoRéN

I think the idea of the disclaimer is that Gaf isn't going to play the part of an arbitrator or give you your money back if you get scammed. But considering what else can get you banned here I would think scamming other members should be worthy of a permaban.

Well, it's not. No one who has scammed here has been dealt with like that. Message a mod about it and see what they say. Maybe their stance has changed.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;80359589 said:
That's good. Hopefully your money is returned quick. Smart move not paying by gift.

True. But, it's not like that rule could be enforced. A better guideline would be something like "don't buy hundreds of dollars worth of merch from someoe new to the forum and low or no feedback."
Their first sale was for like $600 worth of rare Saturn games and that one went fine it seemed like. I assumed that I would be okay for that reason, but... I still don't want to take the gift risk.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
NoRéN;80360369 said:
Well, it's not. No one who has scammed here has been dealt with like that. Message a mod about it and see what they say. Maybe their stance has changed.

I thought red shoe paul was banned for scamming?

Vlad

I've been out of the TF2 trading business for a while, but I'm pretty sure buds is close to double what KSP goes for (in keys). You could get a few games for them. Just a friendly heads up.

Edit - A brief search leads me to believe buds are worth around 20 keys? KSP is as low as 8 keys +1 ref here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/12319952

Yeah, I figured they were worth more than that, but I figure that since it theoretically saves me the hassle of dealing with the Steam marketplace or whatever else I would need to go through to ditch it, it's worth it. My thought was that they seem to be used more as currency than as the actual item, so selling it for exactly what it was worth didn't seem feasible.

I didn't even know that there was such a market for TF2 items until a few weeks back, actually. I haven't played the game for a good long while, and I never got into the whole hat-mania that seems to have consumed it.

NoRéN

no. it's a non receipt claim. am I safe ?

It's been a while since I filed a claim myself but I'm sure that once you escalated, paypal gives the seller 7 days to reply. If they do not, then paypal resolves the issue which in my experience meant I got my money back a few days later.

What I'm wondering is how paypal handles the money from the seller's perspective? Has the money already been put on hold? I seem to recall some people saying that paypal takes the money out of the account until the matter is resolved.

edit:
paypal said:
Be ready to provide agents as much relevant information as possible. Buyers who don't respond when asked will have their claims cancelled. Sellers who don't respond will default the claim, which automatically refunds the buyer

Looks like you and everyone else that has filed a claim are good as long as the seller did not reply.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Really hope you guys get this worked out. Getting scammed sucks, especially when these threads have generally gone without issue for so long.

Hopefully people can still feel safe buying things here.

NoRéN

paypal gift payment only.
Will only ship worldwide if you are willing to pay the extra costs.
Plenty of positive feedback here. PM with questions, offers, etc.

Selling:

Blurays
Cinderella
Lady and the Tramp
Winnie the Pooh
Beauty and the Beast

Cowboy Bebop Remix Vol 1-6
-Complete and in good condition
-all include slipcovers

Disney Figures
Star Wars Star Tours Stitch as Yoda Hologram Figure
-Star Tours Opening Day 2011 Limited Edition
I have a few more for sale. PM for pics and list.

Shin Megami Tensei IV
-complete with limited edition extras
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
-complete

Posters
Portal 2 Office Poster
Portal 2 Mannequin Poster
Club Nintendo 2012 Platinum Posters
-Zelda Poster
-Kid Icarus Poster

WANT TO TRADE FOR:
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney Investigations​: Miles Edgeworth

I reply to PMs quickly. If you have sent a PM and I haven't replied, I did not get it.

TommyT

/new page

Can I buy one off you?

If you really want; but I can also just give you one.

As I said, I believe these expire. Even if they don't, you can buy them ingame from what I've been told so there's no point in hording them as I thought there would be :p

If you're giving them away, I'd love one.

Yeah sure. I'll stop with this one until I get home. I just asked a buddy who was at PAX:
"They expire 5 days after the event." So the last day was Monday, this could be the final day.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to sell some older games I'm not playing right now to fund other purchases. Please PM if you want any further detail. All prices include shipping to the US. Discounts if you buy multiple things. :) Anything in the pictures that's not listed are sold.

- Captain Commando (SNES): $45. There is a tear in the label on the top of the cart.

- Knights in the Nightmare (DS): $35. Includes outer box & soundtrack CD. Great condition.

- Power Stone 2 (Japanese Dreamcast): $20.

Hex

Banned
Anyone interested in a set of the Bandai Final Fantasy Vii figures? PENDING
2CcCq2a.jpg
(not my pic, trying to get a good pic but cel is rubbish)
Never opened, box is a little dinged.

Looking for maybe $40 shipped but not set in stone
Will take offers, it is just taking up space and I have too many figures already.

Also anyone interested in a bulk lot of Vampire the Masqurade RPG books?
All second edition and revised, including Dark Ages, and the Collector's edition of the Guide to the Camarilla and the Sabbat, also some MET books, Book of Nod, Book of Lillith, quite a bit not the new rubbish.
Let me know if interested and I will catalog it.

Adding some DS games and a 3DS- I am bad with prices, make offer:

Super Street Fighter 3DS - Complete
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword- Complete
Etrian Odyssey - Complete
Persona 4 Arena PS3- Complete w Soundtrack

Oh I also have the Nintendo Platinum Reward buttons from a couple of years ago, sealed and in perfect condition..no idea just make an offer.
Will take offers on anything,

Also have the Ryu statue and belt from the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection -(Belt has never been removed from the box, statue only been removed to make sure that it lit up and has been sitting there since) - Make offer

Will also trade any of it for:

Star Wars Black Series Figures (6")
Star Wars Force Unleashed Sith Edition PS3
Nightmare before Christmas stuff,
Disney Haunted Mansion stuff.
Disney Star Tours Figures (Mickey Mouse as Luke versions mostly.)
Disney blu rays (but only if disney reward code is unused) : Tangled, Winnie the Pooh or Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Pete's Dragon, Great Mouse Detective, Cinderella, Mulan, Frog Princess, My Neighbor Totoro, Wreck it Ralph, Ratatouille

TommyT

Looks like they were divvied up before I got on my flight (no one said they took any out of 9 other people yet I went from 10+ to 3), so I only have 3 extras... sorry :\

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Does anyone have Dragon Ball Z HD Collection for PS3? If you want to get rid of it, I'll buy it. PM me.

52club

The quote above applies to the great deals BeEatNU provides. Very Positive feedback for BeEatNU. Gave me an incredible deal on a really sweet video card.

Voidguts

selling a Steam gift copy of Payday 2 (had an extra from a 4-pack) for $22 via Paypal Gift (or you pay fees, whichever..) PM if interested!

Double D

WTB

Saints Row 4 Steam key

or does anyone know where I can get it for less than $49.99? I went to greenman but they are out of stock.

edit: nevermind I caved and went through steam

Positive Feedback for Stronghammer22

Responded to message very quickly, great service.

Edit: Sorry for mispelling your name at first, had castles on my mind :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've still got some 1600 Microsoft Points Cards available for $18 Paypal or AmazonPayments. Just PM me if you're interested. I can send you the code via PM or a picture of the back of the card.

chrono01

Last attempt before I give up [and gift the code to a friend].

I'm looking to trade a Deluxe Edition code for Splinter Cell: Blacklist for a code for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

To make you feel at ease, I would be fine with trading you my code first and, when you activate/begin installing the game, you can trade me yours.

Send me a PM if interested! Either Standard or Collector's Edition is fine, I just want a code for A Realm Reborn so I can gift it to my sister.

kuroshiki

I'm selling

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus $20 inc shipping

Dead or Alive 5 + $20 inc shipping.

both vita titles, physical copies and like new.

I bought digital copies when they were on sale. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom