• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramuh

First time in thread.

Selling Borderlands 2 Vita and DLCs Code

15 US dollars (Paypal) or equal value in PSN money/game vouchers.

Sold.

Danferno

Positive feedback for Beatofficer. Made me a good deal on couple of games. Even threw in a free one because he shipped a day later than promised. As this was two days after I paid, I question his perception of time; I cannot, however, fault his thoughtfulness.

So is it okay to sell digital copies/ultraviolet codes of movies I own?

After going through this thread I've seen a few others post them and I have a bunch of movies I never redeemed anything for. I went through and looked just now and have like 15-20 codes that I haven't used and don't plan to use.

Astarte

Want to buy (PS3):
SSF4 costume alt Phantom/Resell
Idolm@ster 2 Phantom/Resell
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown with DLC Phantom/Resell

Ryne

So is it okay to sell digital copies/ultraviolet codes of movies I own?

After going through this thread I've seen a few others post them and I have a bunch of movies I never redeemed anything for. I went through and looked just now and have like 15-20 codes that I haven't used and don't plan to use.

Should be fine, I bought a couple here myself. I think mentioning the region where you are helps too.

x3sphere

Edit: card is sold, ended up finding a buyer on eBay.

Selling an EVGA SC GTX780, Titan-style cooler.

WRM.jpg

$420 shipped (UPS insured, US Only). I'm selling as I needed a card with more VRAM for 3440x1440 and 4K gaming. There is 2.5 years left on the warranty.

Here is a link to my Heatware by the way... http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=69330

Shun

Trading my Mario Kart Wii U code (NSMBU/Pikmin 3/Windwaker/Wii Party U) for a $20 eShop card.

No alternative, It has to be $20 eShop Credit, or $35 if you're feeling generous.

PM so we can exchange codes.

xaosslug

very positive seller feedback for Prologue! He pre-ordered Watch_Dogs for me about a month ago, and it was delivered to my doorstep, today. :-D

didamangi

Have:
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition steam key $7
Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut steam gift $3

Want:
Paypal

Positive feedback for buyer Maragidyne, prompt payment for my SSF4:AE steam key.

i want to sell the code for the bonus game you get for registering Mario Kart 8. Code will be for one of the 4 US selection games. $25 paypal IF you can pay before 2pm PST today.

WTB

Supreme Commander
Company of Heroes
Tropico 3, 4

steam

Missed the humble bundles of these, if anyone has spare keys I'd like to buy it.

SmokeMaxX

Poor Juniors, always W-ing TB PSN codes, never able :(
Meh, tbh I think BUYING from a junior is far riskier. I bought 4x $20 PSN codes from ChieSatonaka and got scammed. He got banned so I could never contact him again. Waiting a few more days to see if he gets unbanned before I leave straight up negative feedback.

maxcriden

Meh, tbh I think BUYING from a junior is far riskier. I bought 4x $20 PSN codes from ChieSatonaka and got scammed. He got banned so I could never contact him again. Waiting a few more days to see if he gets unbanned before I leave straight up negative feedback.

I agree with you. I've had good luck with certain juniors (like the amazing properpropaganda) but you really have to feel it out. I'm sorry to hear about what happened wtih Chie Satonaka. Hopefully it's some kind of misunderstanding and after his unbanning it'll get worked out. You could always PM a mod in the meantime and ask when his ban will be lifted or if they can provide an email address for you. It's worth a shot, especially since you're one of the most established sellers here.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Still selling a copy of South Park: The Stick of Truth for 360. Not sure if DLC code is used or not. Asking $30 shipped. Trade offers welcomed! I'm looking for Tomb Raider and AC IV on PS4.

SmokeMaxX

I agree with you. I've had good luck with certain juniors (like the amazing properpropaganda) but you really have to feel it out. I'm sorry to hear about what happened wtih Chie Satonaka. Hopefully it's some kind of misunderstanding and after his unbanning it'll get worked out. You could always PM a mod in the meantime and ask when his ban will be lifted or if they can provide an email address for you. It's worth a shot, especially since you're one of the most established sellers here.

Yeah I made the mistake of trading for his credit (so can't do paypal chargeback) and not checking the codes (didn't want to accidentally redeem them). Later found out they were used or not valid. When I went to confront him, found out he was banned.

Here's why I'm pretty sure I was straight scammed:
1) I traded him an Amazon gift card for some of the cards. A few hours after he redeemed the gift card that was sent to his email address (Amazon.com notified me that it had been redeemed), I tried to email him and found out that his email address was no longer valid. It was an Earthlink account. I went to the Earthlink website and they pride themselves on their "anonymous email accounts" that can be deleted at any time.
2) Super generic username.
3) He supposedly got the codes from Amazon.com so there's no way that they could be region locked since I live in the USA.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt, but it's unlikely he'll even get unbanned (and I'll be watching like a hawk in case he does) so we'll see how this whole thing will even go. I'll have to see if I can find a mod to PM. Anyone got any suggestions?

The only person who's ever had a transaction with Chie is insignia16 and I pm'd him a few days ago with no reply.

maxcriden

Yeah I made the mistake of trading for his credit (so can't do paypal chargeback) and not checking the codes (didn't want to accidentally redeem them). Later found out they were used or not valid. When I went to confront him, found out he was banned.

Here's why I'm pretty sure I was straight scammed:
1) I traded him an Amazon gift card for some of the cards. A few hours after he redeemed the gift card that was sent to his email address (Amazon.com notified me that it had been redeemed), I tried to email him and found out that his email address was no longer valid. It was an Earthlink account. I went to the Earthlink website and they pride themselves on their "anonymous email accounts" that can be deleted at any time.
2) Super generic username.
3) He supposedly got the codes from Amazon.com so there's no way that they could be region locked since I live in the USA.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt, but it's unlikely he'll even get unbanned (and I'll be watching like a hawk in case he does) so we'll see how this whole thing will even go. I'll have to see if I can find a mod to PM. Anyone got any suggestions?

Smoke, that does sound legit sketchy but having been in some really shady-seeming online transactions online that ended up working I would urge you to give him any potential recourse to earning the benefit of the doubt for the moment. I'm just hoping he didn't go to the trouble of making a GAF account and posting on Gaming Side for a bit (if I'm remembering him correctly and not just confusing his posts with Hypoallergenic Chie's posts!) just to scam an honest dude out of mere 80 bucks. I would suggest contacting a mod for sure. There are some really good mods out there on Gaming Side, like duckroll and Seda as two examples, and I think it's worth it to see if there's anything you could do. You could even try asking Tyler if all else else. One more thought, you could also try contacting Amazon if nothing else helps. They might be feeling generous and do something for you as a (I'm presuming) longtime customer.

SmokeMaxX

Smoke, that does sound legit sketchy but having been in some really shady-seeming online transactions online that ended up working I would urge you to give him any potential recourse to earning the benefit of the doubt for the moment. I'm just hoping he didn't go to the trouble of making a GAF account and posting on Gaming Side for a bit (if I'm remembering him correctly and not just confusing his posts with Hypoallergenic Chie's posts!) just to scam an honest dude out of mere 80 bucks. I would suggest contacting a mod for sure. There are some really good mods out there on Gaming Side, like duckroll and Seda as two examples, and I think it's worth it to see if there's anything you could do. You could even try asking Tyler if all else else. One more thought, you could also try contacting Amazon if nothing else helps. They might be feeling generous and do something for you as a (I'm presuming) longtime customer.

Haha yeah, I've sold a lot of stuff across various forums and this is the first time I've been legit scammed (except on eBay like 4-5 years ago). I am definitely willing to give the benefit of a doubt, but considering he was banned as a junior, I don't think he will return anyway. In addition, there's no way for it to be invalid except to be used and if he bought it from Amazon.com (which his post history indicates he did) then it's just straight copy/paste. Anyway, I left my email address on a previous page if he'd like to contact me and get things squared away, but I'm skeptical that things will turn out well. Unfortunately it's made me more wary of buying from junior members and those with little GAF activity. I'll definitely contact a mod or two to see if I can get some more info. The experience is pretty frustrating. As for Amazon, yeah I've given them quite a bit of business haha. It's not their fault, so I wouldn't feel right asking for them to do something for me. No reason it has to come out of their pockets. Thanks for the advice though!

maxcriden

Haha yeah, I've sold a lot of stuff across various forums and this is the first time I've been legit scammed (except on eBay like 4-5 years ago). I am definitely willing to give the benefit of a doubt, but considering he was banned as a junior, I don't think he will return anyway. In addition, there's no way for it to be invalid except to be used and if he bought it from Amazon.com (which his post history indicates he did) then it's just straight copy/paste. Anyway, I left my email address on a previous page if he'd like to contact me and get things squared away, but I'm skeptical that things will turn out well. Unfortunately it's made me more wary of buying from junior members and those with little GAF activity. I'll definitely contact a mod or two to see if I can get some more info. The experience is pretty frustrating. As for Amazon, yeah I've given them quite a bit of business haha. It's not their fault, so I wouldn't feel right asking for them to do something for me. No reason it has to come out of their pockets. Thanks for the advice though!

Sure thing, man. I just hate to see a fellow GAFer get burned like this! Please let us know if the situation is resolved. :)

Hugstable

Banned

Damn it sucks to hear about people getting scammed like that. Wonder why that dude got banned in the first place, hopefully it was over some stupid trolling and not him having scammed another person. Hope you are able to resolve it dude.

SmokeMaxX

Damn it sucks to hear about people getting scammed like that. Wonder why that dude got banned in the first place, hopefully it was over some stupid trolling and not him having scammed another person. Hope you are able to resolve it dude.

Thanks. I don't think GAF bans anyone over scams in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I think he got banned because he posted reaction gifs instead of real replies to threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom