• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyLove

Neo Member
WTB:
PS3 120GB Slim in working condition (Just got the YLOD on my PS3 so I need a replacement. I don't need the 120GB hard drive in it)

WTS:
3 months of xbox live membership $15

Want: Paypal

I have 100% feedback on CAG and eBay, so don't be afraid to PM me.

Selling your choice of North American Wii U download code for Wii Party U, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or New Sper Mario Bros U for $25. Amazon payment only.

SHADES

Thanks for the heads up! TBH I've already written it off as a loss. I'm not gonna pursue it anymore unless he somehow contacts me or gets back on these forums. I have been reading his posts though.

This was written by him like a day after I found out my codes were redeemed.
From http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718931-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/69316248

Oh HMMM Yuripaw. I wonder how you have PSN money?

So have i. This will not discourage me though i still buy great stuff at great prices here.

Last year Yuripaw sold me his PS4 preorder with 2 games from Amazon in October. Five days before the November 15th he emailed me saying that his email account and Amazon account was compromised and that someone brought $500 worth of digital items from Amazon. This was his message:

After a few days of constantly messaging Yuri that I wouldn't accept nothing less than what we agreed to & that I would post this development on the thread, the PS4 miraculously came through on the 15th. So I gave him positive feedback although it was fishy from the start but I had no proof of Yuri trying to be conniving. I also sold him a monitor a year before that which I waited 2 months for payment because he was having "personal issues".

Damn, what an absolute sorry ass POS!

I know you guys have given up and respect that but if it were me I wouldn't! Seems like a pattern he certainly feels comfortable doing and will continue to do so until he feels the repercussions of his actions, just hope nobody else becomes his victim, regardless of the forum used.

BTW: Did you notice the email address? might be of use?

SmokeMaxX

I know you guys have given up and respect that but if it were me I wouldn't! Seems like a pattern he certainly feels comfortable doing and will continue to do so until he feels the repercussions of his actions, just hope nobody else becomes his victim, regardless of the forum used.

Well what I traded him was an Amazon gift card and eShop credit. There's no way for me to get it back short of him offering to reimburse me haha. That's why I've written it off as a loss. I could chase him around the internet and ask him for my stuff back but he's just going to delete his accounts again, so it doesn't really matter. I will say that I don't personally think this is a one time thing. Not sure why he'd be a good trader at one point then a scammer, but I'm not convinced that he's only scamming people now because he's in a rough spot at this moment.

Anyway, I actually have a lot of information on him but I'm not really sure if it's okay to post it here. AFAIK detective-gaf is highly discouraged on these forums and the information that I have on him I probably can't post. For me to post anything, I'd have to have a mod's permission.

chuckycem

Yes i have an email address to which i have made the payment but this was the only reply i received from his email:
I do not think I am who you think I am. i am not sure what neogaf is. You may be referring to my son though if it has something to do with ps4 or video games, so I will tell him about this message next chance I speak to him.

Want to Buy or Trade for:

Pokemon Black Ver. 2 for $15-20 shipped.

PRICE DROPS!
WTS:

Games

SMT IV Artbook/Box/CD (GAME not included): $20 shipped

TV

Justified Seasons 1-4 (4 is Blu-ray): $60 shipped
Game of Thrones Season 2 Blu-ray: $30 shipped
Girls Season 1: $15 shipped
Veep Season 1: $15 shipped

Fitness:

FoEnqJi.jpg

Motorola MotoACTV Fitness Watch 8GB - $50 shipped
- Includes watchband, armband, USB cable/wall charger, and possibly screen protectors if I can find them.
OR Trade for a Fitbit Flex

PM if interested, GAF Gold, buy with confidence! Paypal preferred!

SmokeMaxX

Yes i have an email address to which i have made the payment but this was the only reply i received from his email:
I think this message is bullshit. He's been using the Ockman/Ockman83 tag for a LONG time and it's unique to him. He's 30 so unless his parents check HIS email, it's not them.

I forgot that I did a transaction with him in November. I wasn't going to disclose his paypal account because I didn't think I had ever gotten a payment from him, but now that I've searched through my transactions and have found that he did send me one, I'm going to put it out there as I believe it'll save others from getting scammed by him (if they ever encounter him again).

It is ockman83@earthlink.net. If someone comes across this email address via a google search, this guy is a scammer and overall shady person to do transactions with. Do NOT fall for his "I don't have money" routine. He takes advantage of kind-hearted people.

If this is not kosher, mods please let me know and I will take it down immediately.

Chopper

I was scammed here by a guy called LurkNoMore. I paid him money for games he clearly didn't have.

I found a profile of his on a site requesting those games, so I joined that website and PMed him. You can imagine his surprise.

I still have his email address, and he still has my money. This was years ago, and I lost the passion for pursuing him. His name's Andrew Chung, and he sucks.

SHADES

I think this message is bullshit. He's been using the Ockman/Ockman83 tag for a LONG time and it's unique to him. He's 30 so unless his parents check HIS email, it's not them.

I forgot that I did a transaction with him in November. I wasn't going to disclose his paypal account because I didn't think I had ever gotten a payment from him, but now that I've searched through my transactions and have found that he did send me one, I'm going to put it out there as I believe it'll save others from getting scammed by him (if they ever encounter him again).

It is ockman83@earthlink.net. If someone comes across this email address via a google search, this guy is a scammer and overall shady person to do transactions with. Do NOT fall for his "I don't have money" routine. He takes advantage of kind-hearted people.

If this is not kosher, mods please let me know and I will take it down immediately.

Well what I traded him was an Amazon gift card and eShop credit. There's no way for me to get it back short of him offering to reimburse me haha. That's why I've written it off as a loss. I could chase him around the internet and ask him for my stuff back but he's just going to delete his accounts again, so it doesn't really matter. I will say that I don't personally think this is a one time thing. Not sure why he'd be a good trader at one point then a scammer, but I'm not convinced that he's only scamming people now because he's in a rough spot at this moment.

Anyway, I actually have a lot of information on him but I'm not really sure if it's okay to post it here. AFAIK detective-gaf is highly discouraged on these forums and the information that I have on him I probably can't post. For me to post anything, I'd have to have a mod's permission.

Try this one, ockman83@sbcglobal.net

The guy needs to be stopped, somehow??

SmokeMaxX

I was scammed here by a guy called LurkNoMore. I paid him money for games he clearly didn't have.

I found a profile of his on a site requesting those games, so I joined that website and PMed him. You can imagine his surprise.

I still have his email address, and he still has my money. This was years ago, and I lost the passion for pursuing him. His name's Andrew Chung, and he sucks.
Damn sorry. Did anyone try to help you on this thread? Or did you not post about it because you were still trying to resolve the issue?
Try this one, ockman83@sbcglobal.net

The guy needs to be stopped, somehow??
Yeah, tbh messaging him won't do anything since it's up to him to own up to what he did. If he doesn't want to give us our stuff back, he doesn't ever really have to. That's why there's no point in messaging him. But yeah, he has several email addresses and I have ways of contacting him that I am 100% sure will get to him, but like I said, no point unfortunately.

SmokeMaxX

I actually started a thread on it. Unfortunately it didn't yield any results.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=458091

I even found out where this guy lives (sorry, I know that's creepy), but what can you do?!
Yeah I feel you there. I have a ton of info on Yuripaw as well even though I will probably never use any of it. Unfortunately all we can do is put negative feedback for these scammers and get the word out that they're shady. Sorry for your loss bro.

Chopper

Yeah I feel you there. I have a ton of info on Yuripaw as well even though I will probably never use any of it. Unfortunately all we can do is put negative feedback for these scammers and get the word out that they're shady. Sorry for your loss bro.
Ha ha. Cheers. Don't suppose you've got spare copies of Kirby's Air Ride and Cubivore kicking about? :D

SmokeMaxX

Ha ha. Cheers. Don't suppose you've got spare copies of Kirby's Air Ride and Cubivore kicking about? :D

Lol unfortunately I never owned a gamecube. If they were cheaper, I'd buy them and send them to you free of charge, but they're pretty pricey and you don't live in the US haha. If you want to find it online for a price you don't mind paying, I can send it to you with no upcharge. You'd just pay however much it costs to get to me, then shipping (+ insurance) to you. Not even sure if you still want it, but it sucks if you've been waiting all these years to get those games.

Well i too do not know if it is allowed to give his email address here but here it is to save others: pcass4851@yahoo.com
Oh wow. That might actually be his father lol. Weird how he used that account when with me and another user on GAF, he used the one that I provided.

Chopper

Lol unfortunately I never owned a gamecube. If they were cheaper, I'd buy them and send them to you free of charge, but they're pretty pricey and you don't live in the US haha. If you want to find it online for a price you don't mind paying, I can send it to you with no upcharge. You'd just pay however much it costs to get to me, then shipping (+ insurance) to you. Not even sure if you still want it, but it sucks if you've been waiting all these years to get those games.
Thanks for your kind offer. To be honest, my heart kinda lost the urge to get my hands on those games after this debacle. Maybe one day.

SmokeMaxX

Thanks for your kind offer. To be honest, my heart kinda lost the urge to get my hands on those games after this debacle. Maybe one day.
Ah, sorry then. Wish I knew how to get it cheaper but Amazon.com is showing like ~$70-80 total for both games. Shipping to you would be probably ~$20-30.

teeg

Positive Feedback for PwnCakes193. Bought a 3DS, games and accessories off him a month ago. I finally went and picked it up this weekend and everything was packaged great and as described!

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Anyone have "Chrono Trigger" for the SNES for sale for a reasonable price?

Also looking for a box, manual and map for FF2 SNES.

JoseDFrog

Banned
I'm going to join the guy above me and I'm going to sell my GTX 780 as well. EVGA as well but ACX model . I bought it from M3z. It's in brand new shape comes with the box (card only). I never overclocked it and it's been in a well ventilated Fractal XL R2 case. Willing to sell it for $400 shipped OBO. Pics upon request.

Still up for sale! I'm a PLUS BUYER and SELLER. Make me an offer.

bakeray

Oh wow. That might actually be his father lol. Weird how he used that account when with me and another user on GAF, he used the one that I provided.
Whole story seems weird. Maybe the son figured out the account info and was using the feedback to rip people off? All these stories make it seem like someone else got ahold of the account info and was using it to rip people off, like you said earlier in the thread, it doesn't make much sense for a guy with that much feedback and with that good of a rep to rip someone off for 40-80 bucks, but with all these other stories coming out it's hard to tell what's going on

SmokeMaxX

Whole story seems weird. Maybe the son figured out the account info and was using the feedback to rip people off? All these stories make it seem like someone else got ahold of the account info and was using it to rip people off, like you said earlier in the thread, it doesn't make much sense for a guy with that much feedback and with that good of a rep to rip someone off for 40-80 bucks, but with all these other stories coming out it's hard to tell what's going on
Yuripaw is a 30 year old former GameStop employee who's broke/poor right now. His father is a ~65 year old disabled dude who's into trains, not games. I have no doubt in my mind that Yuripaw is Chie (after finding some additional info online) and that he scammed us on purpose (especially with all of these stories coming to light about previous shady behavior). Considering he'd rather delete his Steam/Twitter rather than explain the situation to a mod especially AFTER he requested his account get unbanned via Twitter, I think that corroborates that thinking. I know those of us on GAF like to give people the benefit of a doubt, especially those with good feedback status, but this isn't one of those times where the user deserves it.

wilflare

this is gonna be tough but here goes

WTB
- PS3 R1 NieR
- PS3 DS3 Official Charging Cradle
- PS3 The Beatles: Rockband Limited Edition Premium Bundle

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
If my prices are too high, let me know. I'm totally willing to negotiate. On to my stuff.

I have copies of Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R for the Super Famicom for sale. They're both in very good condition, cart only. They're extras from a bundle of games I recently bought. I'd like to sell the pair for $30/shipped. I'd also consider trades for a Dark Souls II Steam key or other FC/SFC games.

I'm also considering selling my AIAIAI TMA-1 headphones. They have the original box, case, all the cables, and a still sealed set of earpads. I am the second owner, and they are in very good condition. I'm hoping for around $120/shipped.

I also have a new 1 TB WD Blue 3.5" hard drive up for sale. I purchased it in this very thread, but I needed a laptop drive. This is no fault of the seller, this was my own foolishness. I'll sell it for the same price I paid for it. $40/shipped. Or I'd trade it for a comparable laptop hard drive/SSD.

I am a Gold Seller. PM me if you're interested!

kn1ves24

Positive feedback for PwnCakes193

Sold my Chromecast to him, paid very quickly.

WTS

This is likely a long shot but I have a used MSI 570 GTX I'd like to sell if anybody is interested.

Its this model Link

There is nothing wrong with the card, I simply upgraded to a 770. I used this card in my gaming rig nearly every day for well over a year. So its definitely broken in. I ran it at stock settings, no overclocking.

I'm not really sure what to ask for it so make me an offer. I can provide pictures if needed. I do not have the original packaging you'll receive just the card. I can throw in an SLI bridge if you need/want one.

pwack

Question about Mario Kart codes: If I already redeemed my own code for Wind Waker, can I still redeem someone else's code for Pikmin?

NVM: Looks like the answer is yes.

From a FAQ: Do I have to download the free game to the system registered to my Club Nintendo account?
No. The download code can be redeemed in the Nintendo eShop of any Wii U system.

Chopper

Question about Mario Kart codes: If I already redeemed my own code for Wind Waker, can I still redeem someone else's code for Pikmin?
Yup.

Edit: By code, assume you mean the software-specific code that is given to you once MK is registered. Not the CN code itself.

kn1ves24

Yup.

Edit: By code, assume you mean the software-specific code that is given to you once MK is registered. Not the CN code itself.

Question about this actually. I bought a CN code from someone here and redeemed it on my CN account, thinking I wasn't that interested in MK8. Long story short I decided to buy MK8. I'm assuming I can't use the CN code on my CN account, correct? I would have to use it on a different CN account right, has anybody tried using it twice?

Chopper

Question about this actually. I bought a CN code from someone here and redeemed it on my CN account, thinking I wasn't that interested in MK8. Long story short I decided to buy MK8. I'm assuming I can't use the CN code on my CN account, correct? I would have to use it on a different CN account right, has anybody tried using it twice?
Yeah, you need to create an alt account, or get someone trustworthy to register it and provide you with the dowload code.

Nekobo

WTB:
New Super Mario Bros U or Wind Waker HD download code

WTS:
Games are all used, but are complete and in great condition.
Devil Survivor (DS) $15 shipped
Xenoblade Chronicles (EU ver) $25 shipped

NeoGAF plus seller!

Yuripaw is a 30 year old former GameStop employee who's broke/poor right now. His father is a ~65 year old disabled dude who's into trains, not games. I have no doubt in my mind that Yuripaw is Chie (after finding some additional info online) and that he scammed us on purpose (especially with all of these stories coming to light about previous shady behavior). Considering he'd rather delete his Steam/Twitter rather than explain the situation to a mod especially AFTER he requested his account get unbanned via Twitter, I think that corroborates that thinking. I know those of us on GAF like to give people the benefit of a doubt, especially those with good feedback status, but this isn't one of those times where the user deserves it.

Damn, that sucks. I don't know Yuripaw but the name and avatar came to mind, as he seemed pretty prominent on GAF. You wouldn't expect someone like that to scam, but you never know.

Feel bad for all those that have been scammed in the past. :( I love using this thread to buy or sell things, but stuff like this makes me sad.

bakeray

Ah, the way I read it previously made me think that the 30 yr old was the Dad in this scenario, definitely makes more sense now after reading your post. Sorry you guys all had to go through that, hopefully it doesn't deter new members from joining in our B/S/T thread cus this is the place I come first for deals/to sell my things and I feel that it is a great part of the GAF community. Hope you guys find a way to get some restitution.

In the mean time, fuck that guy --- let's get back to the deals!

Smokey

I suggested the following in the PC thread. I've had a few people take me up on the offer. Since money is exchanging hands it was brought up to cross post in the B/S/T thread as a sort of documentation. So here it is:

***PC BROS THAT WANT A 4790K AKA DEVILS CANYON***

As mentioned on the previous page Microcenter will be selling the 4970k for $279.99 vs the $370 MSRP. I have a MIcrocenter up the street from me. I am willing to pre-order and ship to whomever is looking to upgrade, but doesn't have a MC nearby.

So far I have reserved one for myself and one other person. Payment is not due until you pick up instore, so you can wait until the day of release (7/4) to transfer funds via Paypal.

Users so far:

Smokey
Mkenyon
Ricohetguro
Cuban Legend
Piratethingy
SparkleMotion
Noren
Old Gimlet Eyes

**edit -- Gonna cut it off here. That's 8 4790k's. I'll PM as launch gets closer for payment info**

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I suggested the following in the PC thread. I've had a few people take me up on the offer. Since money is exchanging hands it was brought up to cross post in the B/S/T thread as a sort of documentation. So here it is:

Users so far:

Mkenyon
Ricohetguro
Cuban Legend

Yeah that's gonna have to happen. PM'd you.

WTB:

Fullmetal Alchemist Season 1 & 2 (Viridian Collection) for around $35-40, PM me!

Want to get my girlfriend into the show and I sold my DVDs a while back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom