• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Positive Buyer Feedback to Drilbit777 for purchasing Smash Bro 3DS demo code.
Positive Buyer Feedback to Richie for purchasing Smash Bro 3DS demo code.

Have 2 codes left $4 each!

Positive Seller Feedback to Finishoff ; sent the code within a minute or two of me paying. Downloading demo now, good times!

If that's all you got out of it, you weren't listening. Also, if PayPal ever locks/freezes your account, you are fully aware it doesn't matter what type of payment you received right? Your account will be frozen regardless. There's also no reasonable reason not to accept payment with if the transaction fees were covered personally because you are never afforded that luxury even when using Amazon or eBay to sell.

The issue is that we are stuck in a circle. There are plenty of reasons to deny a reg ppp. I listed some above. There are even posts in the last few pages that have things like "i need to do x, so im selling z" or "I need a so I am selling my collection.because b."which im pretty sure would need gifts. A couple even only asked for gifts only if not mistaken. I fail to see the concern pp, but I do know me being newer is probably the more realistic reason.

But Im sure all this will be fixed with me getting a few more good sales. That the primary bridge to build imo. Junior gold seller, Eddie griffin approved. :)

Nyoro SF

WTS:

b4W18fK.jpg

Dreamcast console (w/ cables) and 3 controllers w/ VMUs: 75$ Shipped

Dreamcast Games
  • Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 (Game is factory sealed but case is cracked) - 7$ Shipped
  • NHL 2K (Used) 5$ Shipped
  • Soul Calibur (Case has wear) 10$ Shipped
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Both Discs (Case is badly scuffed and is missing its inside CD holder) 5$ Shipped
  • The Typing of the Dead w/ Keyboard (Game is new & sealed, Keyboard is used) 40$ Shipped
  • Shenmue (Has all discs and inserts but case and inserts both have wear) 30$ Shipped
  • Web Browsers (2) Free with any order on request
PlayStation Move Controllers + Camera (Like New): 35$ Shipped

Virtue's Last Reward (PAL, New): 20$ Shipped
This copy should work fine on any Vita.

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Historia North America eShop download code: 8$

Japanese 3DS games
Both titles contain their original inserts minus PLxAA's CN code.
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Club Nintendo Code not used) 15$ Shipped
  • Professor Layton x Ace Attorney (Club Nintendo Code used) 15$ Shipped
Azumanga Daioh Omnibus: Is a collection of the entire series in one volume (Like New): 10$ Shipped

1. Paypal & US48 only. Code is NA eshop only.
  2. If you would like any more pictures/close-ups or more information regarding the items, feel free to ask.
  3. Priority will be given to those ordering multiple items at once.

NeoGAF Plus rated seller, buy with confidence. PayPal gifts ONLY.

Have (Steam keys, US based):

9OPvKmy.png

Inversion - $3 (NA region locked)

engfFGU.png

Red Faction Armageddon - $2

uL3VLXb.jpg

Metro 2033 - $2

Lemstar

NeoGAF Gold Seller

WTS:
Madden 15 (Xbox One) digital download code + Ultimate Team content - $35
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS) digital download code - $10
The Elder Scrolls Anthology (Skyrim Legendary + Oblivion GOTY + Morrowind GOTY) Steam key - $18

WTB Destiny Ghost edition for ps3 or ps4

I had a deal fall through and it cost me a amazon ps3 ghost edition so I cancelled it for a ps4 he was going to send to me but then he reneged and now I am without.

Not to mention the 6.10$ fee I got taken away when instead of him just refunding me he sent me the money. So out a ps3 Destiny ghost edition and 6.10$

Ravijn

All codes are gone. Thanks!

Positive Buyer feedback for InfectedZero - 3ds Super Smash Bros. demo code.

Positive Buyer feedback for JazzmanZ - 3ds Super Smash Bros. demo code x2

Looks like PayPal does delay funds availability:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-holds-faq

When some sellers receive payments, we may hold the money in their pending balance for up to 21 days. We want to make sure that there are no problems with the orders, such as disputes, claims, returns, or chargebacks. After we determine that the order was fulfilled and the customer is satisfied, we may release the money earlier.

However, with regards to using pending balance to ship:

When you print labels and pay for shipping through PayPal or eBay, the cost of shipping is released from your pending balance shortly after purchase. Printing labels on PayPal and eBay is free. You pay only the cost of shipping the item.

There are new rewards until October 12. Pick any of the games you want and we'll settle for a papal fee that's substantially less than buying the game from the eShop.

EGM92

Looks like PayPal does delay funds availability:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-holds-faq

However, with regards to using pending balance to ship:

Holds of 21 days apply to new accounts that do not have 2 step payments ie: Bank Account followed by a Credit Card (Master Card, Visa etc) to backup the transaction. If the account is verified and has 2+ payment options there will be no holds and fund transfers will be near instant

Geneijin

The issue is that we are stuck in a circle. There are plenty of reasons to deny a reg ppp. I listed some above. There are even posts in the last few pages that have things like "i need to do x, so im selling z" or "I need a so I am selling my collection.because b."which im pretty sure would need gifts. A couple even only asked for gifts only if not mistaken. I fail to see the concern pp, but I do know me being newer is probably the more realistic reason.

But Im sure all this will be fixed with me getting a few more good sales. That the primary bridge to build imo. Junior gold seller, Eddie griffin approved. :)
My problem with a lot of your reasons is that they're faulty honestly.

No I am not getting everything I asked for, 1. where's the packaging and shipping money coming from if I am short on Cash?
When you're selling an item, do you sell an item before considering the cost of shipping? That seems negligent, and I don't understand why a seller would not include such costs into their final sales price unless shipping costs were accidentally miscalculated or teleporters were invented. How does a person suddenly find themselves short cash for shipping when they can simply use the amount from the payment like a deposit they were already given? Buyers typically pay first, right? I can understand the case of donations where items are sold for free and the only cost is the shipping cost, but those costs would still be paid upfront unless arrangements were made otherwise. When will you be short on cash to ship if you were paid upfront?

2. If something goes wrong in the delivery and the cash is blocked how will I cover it? Covering in this case works in to ways, if USPS screws up, if USPS screws up and loses the items, I can resend a new one without having to wait 3 weeks before I can send it again / or give a refund.
In what case specifically would the delivery fail and your PayPal balance become block instantaneously preventing you from issuing a refund? Are you assuming people will file a claim immediately if delivery is incomplete despite communications by you to keep them updated?

3. If the buyer is far away or wants express shipping he pays extra for that, I should be able to use that to get what he/she requested.
This goes back to reason #1. Why wouldn't this be calculated before payment is sent to you, the seller, since you have everyone contact you for individual values and offers before agreement on a price or payment is sent?

4. Might need the cash for something
What other additional costs could there be besides miscalculated shipment fees and refund situations.

It's not even just these 3 reasons, other reasons have been mentioned before and some haven't been mentioned at all.
What other good reasons are there because I have trouble thinking of other reasons.

Issue is this conversation is pointless because people on here do gifts (and it seems that's the majority) sometimes request them out right, and some don't do gifts at all. Since there's 2 groups of people in this thread, going after me curiously for not wanting not to take a gift doesn't make any sense.
Ask how many people selling right now in this thread would care what payment option you use for PayPal if they get the original amount they want for their item. It's all about the transaction fee.

Holds of 21 days apply to new accounts that do not have 2 step payments ie: Bank Account followed by a Credit Card (Master Card, Visa etc) to backup the transaction. If the account is verified and has 2+ payment options there will be no holds and fund transfers will be near instant

Where did you find this?

Although I don't feel safe linking my cc.

My problem with a lot of your reasons is that they're faulty honestly.

When you're selling an item, do you sell an item before considering the cost of shipping? That seems negligent, and I don't understand why a seller would not include such costs into their final sales price unless shipping costs were accidentally miscalculated or teleporters were invented. How does a person suddenly find themselves short cash for shipping when they can simply use the amount from the payment like a deposit they were already given? Buyers typically pay first, right? I can understand the case of donations where items are sold for free and the only cost is the shipping cost, but those costs would still be paid upfront unless arrangements were made otherwise. When will you be short on cash to ship if you were paid upfront?

In what case specifically would the delivery fail and your PayPal balance become block instantaneously preventing you from issuing a refund? Are you assuming people will file a claim immediately if delivery is incomplete despite communications by you to keep them updated?

This goes back to reason #1. Why wouldn't this be calculated before payment is sent to you, the seller, since you have everyone contact you for individual values and offers before agreement on a price or payment is sent?

What other additional costs could there be besides miscalculated shipment fees and refund situations.

What other good reasons are there because I have trouble thinking of other reasons.

Ask how many people selling right now in this thread would care what payment option you use for PayPal if they get the original amount they want for their item. It's all about the transaction fee.

There you go still stuck on fee again. Has to do with accessing the money, I though the 4 points and an earlier post someone made before showed this. But I will admit the wording is cloudy. If I solve the access problem I will have no issues with reg ppp's.

Ravijn

WTS - AVERMEDIA Game Capture HD - $100 shipped US only. PayPal.

Product info - Game Capture HD

Xbox 360/Wii/PS3 universal cable included along with component cable.

Everything in the box is practically brand new and only used once for recording. The plastic is still on the device itself and 2 of the cables.

Click thumbnail for larger picture.

I do have positive seller feedback.

Geneijin

There you go still stuck on fee again. Has to do with accessing the money, I though the 4 points and an earlier post someone made before showed this. But I will admit the wording is cloudy. If I solve the access problem I will have no issues with reg ppp's.
I'm not stuck on the fee. If anything, you have trouble accessing your PayPal balance, but many people don't have the same problem as you. It's probably related to what Lone_Prodigy posted. Still, I can't understand why you would be short on cash to ship since you would still need to wait 3-5 days for a bank transfer to clear or have PayPal issue you a check. Does PayPal still do that?

I'm not stuck on the fee. If anything, it's you who only has trouble accessing your PayPal balance, which many people don't have the same problem as you. It's probably related to what Lone_Prodigy posted. Your situation isn't normal not to have access to your balance readily.

You just said to me what I just said to you btw.

Apparently, a bank account isn't enough but I didn't get confirmation from the other guy about where he found the info. Ill

Ravijn

WTS - A VERY rare Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine Zippo Light. - Make an offer. PayPal.

This is a shot in the dark here. I've had this thing in my possession forever and figured maybe someone out there would be interested in it. Supposedly these were never offered to the public and were part of some promo for the game. You can dig up a little info if your Google-Fu is up to par.

Condition - It does have some slight wear and tear on it as seen in one of the pics below(last one). I have no idea if the Zippo light part of it works as the battery has been removed. The hinge on it is very tight and snaps open and closed.

Click the thumbnail for a larger view.

If you have any questions..feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶3̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶s̶ ̶3̶d̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶?̶

Geneijin

You just said to me what I just said to you btw.

Apparently, a bank account isn't enough but I didn't get confirmation from the other guy about where he found the info. Ill
No, I didn't. Even if you had trouble accessing your money, it would still take days to do a bank transfer before you see that money. Your access is still the same even if your account does get approved. You're missing my point entirely.

No, I didn't. Even if you had trouble accessing your money, it would still take days to do a bank transfer before you see that money. Your access is still the same even if your account does get approved. You're missing my point entirely.

What you are not getting for some odd reason is pp is holding money. I cant send held money through a bank transfer to my knowledge.
This is get simple, I ask for gifts because pp holds money, some people here don't have that problem, so a way to fix the hold issue will solve the problem.

mdsfx

Concerning Eddie Griffin, the red flag has been raised. I think at this point that people can draw their own conclusions. Back to sales!

SmokeMaxX

What you are not getting for some odd reason is pp is holding money. I cant send held money through a bank transfer to my knowledge.
This is get simple, I ask for gifts because pp holds money, some people here don't have that problem, so a way to fix the hold issue will solve the problem.

It's either because you have a new paypal account or because you haven't added all of what Paypal requires to your account. There's really no reason to ever be afraid to give someone your credit card number because for like 99% of credit cards, you have $0 liability.

It's either because you have a new paypal account or because you haven't added all of what Paypal requires to your account. There's really no reason to ever be afraid to give someone your credit card number because for like 99% of credit cards, you have $0 liability.

Well ill give it a try and see what happens.

WTS

Skies of Arcadia Legends - Sold. Complete in good condition, game has a small paint issue on the front of the disc, can post more pictures if need be.

Phantasy Star Online 1/2 Plus - Sold. Complete in good condition, game and manual are in like new condition, case has noticeable scratching on it.

Star Ocean Second Story - $35. Complete in good condition, game and manual are like new, case has scratching.

If you have more questions please feel free to pm me, US/paypal only please.

WTS:

4 NA Smash Bros Demo codes: $5 each. Feel free to PM other offers for em, since I'm not really sure what they're worth, to be honest.

Edit: 2 codes sold, have 2 left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom