• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

toneroni

Question for the seller community...

How do you usually handle selling to junior members with no feedback in the thread? I have an offer on a $500 item and I'm hesitant to pull the trigger knowing how easy it is to scam someone with PayPal complaints. Is there anything that's more protective of the seller in these kind of situations?

Signature confirmation usually will help in that case. Paypal is a pain though.
Insure and track that bad boy and take pics of the item and box before mailing too.

Edit: didn't notice the link clogger posted. Probably good info there.

Mitch

Banned
Looking to sell my mid-2011 Macbook Air 11" 128GB.

uLEXswZ.png

Great condition. Comes with the box, charger and handbook.

Asking for $475 + shipping, US only. Will accept PayPal.

WTB

Turbografx 16 console
PC engine Core Grafx console
Sega Master System console

Tadeo Jones VITA games
Sword Art online Hollow fragment & Lost Song with english subtitles- VITA
Dokuro VITA

Get him to pay via paypal and add the fee's to the sale, also make sure the funds are in your account before you ship the item, then do your part but make sure you provide tracking references etc and follow up the item to ensure it reaches him.

If you still feel uneasy then trust your gut and wait for another buyer.

You could ask for PayPal Gift, but that's putting a lot of risk on them. I know you wouldn't scam them, since I'm still loving my 3DS I bought from you, but that would be up to them.

Honestly though, as long as you follow all of PayPal's guidelines for conducting the sale, then you should be okay. Read up on them though, because they can be a bit tricky. For instance, I am fairly sure that any transaction over $200 requires that you require a signature for delivery in order for you to qualify for their Seller Protection. Almost no one ever does this, but it can really get you in trouble. As long as you read up on everything, you should be okay.

Edit: Here's the link: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection . I was wrong about the signature thing though, as that is apparently for transactions over $750.

Signature confirmation usually will help in that case. Paypal is a pain though.
Insure and track that bad boy and take pics of the item and box before mailing too.

Edit: didn't notice the link clogger posted. Probably good info there.

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like PayPal, buyer pays fees, shipped with signature confirmation is the way to go.

jordn613

Unconfirmed Member
WTS: Grim Fandango promotional poster

WTS: Audyssey Lower East Side Media Speakers - $110 shipped
I no longer have the box or manual, so these will be shipped with the two speakers and power cable only. They're great sounding desktop speakers that had universally excellent reviews but are now discontinued. I'll cover shipping.

For sale

Gamecube games

Fire emblem path of radiance - CiB $100 shipped
F zero GX sealed - $80 shipped
Dragon ball Budokai- sealed $50 shipped
F zero GX - CiB - $30 shipped
Kirby's Air Ride - CiB players choice $30 shipped
Red card 20-03 -CiB - $20 shipped
Mario party 7 no mic included -30 shipped
Pikmin players choice no manual - $20 shipped
The Simpsons hit and run - $15 shipped
Baten Kaitos CiB - $25 shipped
Viewtiful Joe players choice - $11 shipped
Animal crossing missing manual - players choice $20 shipped

Systems

Game boy color - all are $25 shipped each , I'll take pics of each in a bit
Some might have more scratches x scuffs on the system then others
System colors
Purple
Atomic purple
Teal
Yellow
Kiwi

Super Nintendo - no yellowing, kept in good condition ,no cables since I only have one set and I still use my original one , includes a controller or two if I can find it
$50 shipped

Nintendo 64 - includes system , av cables , power adapter , controller with good joystick
No expansion pack though , $45 shipped

tearaway phone charms- $12 shipped for both

hiptanaka

Selling a Steam Early-Access Key for H-Hour: World's Elite. Its regular price is $25, I'm selling it for $15. Drop me a PM if interested.

shodanjr

Neo Member
Cross-posting from another forum because I'd like these things to sell.

I am driving cross country and my car is out of trunk space. Buy the following nerdy items.

1) Fanatec CSR Steering Wheel and standard Porsche pedals. Bought in 2011, probably seen around 5-10 hours of mild Forza play. I moved following that time and never used them since. This is a gorgeous steering wheel, miles ahead of anything from any other manufacturer (probably only Fanatec makes better products). It should work on PC, 360, PS3, PS4 (but NOT XBONE). Comes with full retail packaging. It retails for about $300 (with the pedals), I'll take $150 + shipping.

2) Hercules DJ RMX Console. Also bought in 2011, this has roughly 2-3 hours of usage. Comes with carrying case but no packaging. Looking for $60 + shipping.

3) This is a weird one. Limited edition XBOX 360 Slim system that was given my Microsoft to interns who worked for them during the summer of 2011. It is functionally identical to a 360 Slim of the time but has a unique silkscreen on the case. The packaging is identical to that of a 4GB Kinect bundle (but I don't have the Kinect). I do have a hard drive installed (120GB i believe). Comes with power adapter and one controller. I have no idea what this is worth so make me an offer, keeping in mind that there is roughly 1000 of these in existence and there will never be any more.

4) Dead Space 2 Limited Edition for PS3 - this is the super geeky version of Dead Space 2 that came with the plastic blaster. $20 + shipping.

I'd like to sell these ASAP as I'm moving very soon. Very amenable to counter offers + doing bundle deals or meeting in person if you are in downstate NY. Also let me know if you'd like more detailed pics.

Valkyria

Banned
WTS

Sonic Unleashed Platinum for 360 NTSC-U. Brand new, I opened just to discover is only compatible with NTSC-U. I'm from Spain, will ship worldwide. 20$/17€ shipped. To EU shipping should be cheaper.
PM me for any info

L.O.R.D

WTB
persona 4 Golden digital download code vita
muramasa rebirth digital download code vita
senran kagura also digital download code for vita

US codes of course

lem0n

ASUS K55a Laptop for sale.

i5 2450M @2.5ghz
6gb RAM
Intel HD 3000

Good, used laptop with no issues, selling to fund PC build. Can use Photoshop, play games, or surf. It's pretty powerful for what it is.

Looking for $300 shipped. Thanks.

Invis

WTB:

I want a ton of old consoles, controllers, and accessories. I don't need everything from one person, so message me if you have atleast one of these things and we'll work something out.

For every console I want, I also require the power cable of course.

- Phat PS2

- PS2 Network / IDE Adapter

- Wii w/ official WiiMote+Nunchuck

- Official GameCube controller

- Official GameCube memory card

- GDEmu

- Rock Band Kickbox or Kickwire

- Funko Pop! Venom

Voliko

WTS

3DS
Fire Emblem Awakening CIB -$28 shipped
Monster Hunter 4 CIB -$26 shipped
Zelda: Link Between Worlds CIB -$28 shipped

DS
Pokemon Soul Silver cart only- $28 shipped

I'm looking to buy AC DC Live (Rock Band AC DC) for Xbox 360. I'm actually after the export code for the songs rather than the game itself, so if you've got the game and don't want the code I'd be happy to buy it off you.

It needs to be a Euro Xbox 360 code. If you've got an unused code, or the game with the unused code please let me know :)

Still have a Witcher 3 GoG code available for anyone who wants it.

Selling for $37AU or $30US (it's essentially the same amount atm) which is less than half price from there store at the moment.

terrisus

Positive Seller feedback for SmokeMaxX

Seems like I just did this this morning, doesn't it? :þ
You know how it goes, as always, there for all of your money-changing needs.

Thanks again, as always =)

Skelter

Banned
WTT Witcher 3 GOG code for Witcher 3 on Xbox One.

Also willing to trade for GTAV or Arkham Knight on Steam/PC.

I'm not even sure if it's possible to get Xbox One codes.

Best Buy screwed me and sent me a PS4 version of the Witcher Collector's Edition instead of the X-Box version. Is anybody willing to trade an X-Box version for this one? I know the X-Box version has the extra stuff, and that is what I'm after. So I guess my target audience is somebody that ordered the X-Box version only because the PS4 version was sold out. I'm trying to get Best Buy to fix it, but I doubt that is going to pan out, so PM me if you are interested.

Sarcasm

WTS:

I have a Japanese Code for Minecraft on which gives you both PS3 and Vita.

Note: Code works only on a JAPAN PSN ACCOUNT to redeem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom